Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Soloman Taiwo set to sign.......

thing is he may be a good player .

some players do not work out at some clubs then go on to do well at others .

Ian crook was in the reserves at spurs and could not get into the first team , came here and was the best passer of the game in the premiership at the time .

who would have thought Holt would have scored 30 goals when gunny signed him..!

one thing with Lambert he brings the best out in players ..

maybe the player needs a lucky break .

i will wait until he signs ,and i see him play before passing judgement ,

Norwich City are set to complete the signing of Cardiff City midfielder Solomon Taiwo, skysports.com understands.

The 25-year-old Nigerian-born ace only joined the Bluebirds last year, but now he is set for a move to the newly promoted Canaries.

Norwich boss Paul Lambert has made a move for the former Dagenham & Redbridge star and has agreed an undisclosed fee with Cardiff for his services.

Taiwo is now set to undergo a medical at Carrow Road with a view to sealing his switch in the coming days.

The Canaries have already been busy in the market since the end of last season and Taiwo should become their third signing following on from the arrivals of Elliott Ward and Andrew Crofts.

Personally I am far from convinced by this. This bloke wasn''t getting anywhere near the Cardiff side and Dave Jones isn''t a mug. He is usually a shrewd manager. First time I have really doubted Lambert. Fingers crossed he will prove me wrong.

As ever, if we sign the guy it might be a good idea to see him play before we decide. Jones clearly saw something in him last August, and reckoned he was a bargain, but sometimes a player just doesn''t work out with one club and finds his place at another: think Etuhu, Brown et al if you need recent examples at Norwich.

Having scoured Cardiff messageboards for opinions, it seems that the majority are pleased to see him go, but equally Dave Jones played the lad out of position often on the wing, and he rarely saw first team action making it difficult for a full impression to be established. I have my reservations but I also think that he has the makings of a potential Dixon Etuhu style midfielder only with better long range passing according to his own comments when he signed for Cardiff, so hopefully we''ve found ourselves a bargain here, if not its only 150k, which isn''t too much of a gamble for a club which really should be at least at Championship level.

Just seen his car parked in the holiday inn car park. Only concerning thing was he was double parked over a disabled spot which doesn''t bode well. Have taken a pic on my phone but no idea if it will work using my iPhone. I''m assuming it''s him anyway with a number plate of TIIAWO.

Can''t seem to post the pic in here which is a shame.

People need to realise that just because he doesn''t one manager doesn''t want him it doesn''t mean he''s no good.

You only need to look at our own midfield situation to see that. After this signing we are going to be set for a serious clear out of midfielders. You have to imagine that Adayemi, Gill and OTJ are all at risk. Are they no good? I think they''ve all got the potential to do very well if they can find a club where they fit in to the side and get regular starts. Look how well OTJ did at Yeovil.

er, apologies for that first sentence - scratch the words ''he doesn''t''!

what ever happened to the edit function!!

Fom the Cardiff message boards...

I

can''t believe somebody actually wanted to buy this fella.

I''ve seen pi$$ed up tramps outside Central with more footballing

ability. He also couldn''t trap a medicine ball in a phone box. Truly

awful. Cheers Norwich. thumbup

[quote user="BellyButton"]Fom the Cardiff message boards...

I can''t believe somebody actually wanted to buy this fella.

I''ve seen pi$$ed up tramps outside Central with more footballing ability. He also couldn''t trap a medicine ball in a phone box. Truly awful. Cheers Norwich. thumbup

[/quote]

Based on how many appearances?

I don''t really care much for other supporter MB opinions - they are invariably well wide of the mark. We''ve signed many players who were supposedly poor but who turned out to be good and vice versa; oddly the most accurate was Man City fans who were spot on with Croft (100% effort and will work all day, but no end product: sums him up perfectly). I''m sure we are often the same: Chris Brown and Dickson Etuhu didn''t exactly leave with ringing endorsements, but have done rather well.

It is surely far better to trust that the homework has been done by Lambo et al, and make our own minds up as and when we sign a player.