Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

how the hell did that referee not give that penalty?

Just seen the penalty appeal on the football league show and it further defies belief.. Now I just fail to see how the f*** the referee did not see it? I mean for crying out loud I sit in the barclay and me and everyone around me could clearly see it was a penalty. 25,000 people managed to see it was a penalty, so please tell me how the hell the ref or his two assistants who had a much better angle than me and many other not manage to get this. I mean I saw where the lino was standing when the ref turned down the appeal and he must ahve been able to see it. Maybe he diddnt want to over rule the ref but I seem to remember this happening away at MK Dons when it wassnt a penalty the ref could see this but the lino even though he had a worse view than the ref gave it.The last few games refereeing has been ridiculous. Tranmere we were robbed by the ref and today the ref was appaling. Good we have such a big lead on 2nd and 3rd as these refereeing decisions could be catastrophic for us if it was close between us and second/third

Paul Lambert just about summed it up when he said Michael Jordan would have been proud of it!Ridiculous.

Just unbelievable how we have had to of the most obvious handballs you could possibly have in the last few games and they havvnt been given

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Just unbelievable how we have had to of the most obvious handballs you could possibly have in the last few games and they havvnt been given[/quote]Ref was in a very, very good position to see it too. Oh well, let''s hope Lambert can turn this sense of injustice into a dynamic performance with plenty of goals on Tuesday [;)]

I often take comments on here with a pinch of salt regarding refereeing decisions, but just seen it too and its astounding how blatant it was.Problem is that, much like the teams, the referees and assistants are in this league because they''re simply not good enough for the higher leagues.  Prem refs are ''punished'' by making them officiate a Championship game, which only punishes the team unlucky enough to have them in charge, so I can only assume its the same for Championship refs being sent down to L1 as punishment...

I know. These officials really need sorting out somehow. It''s gotten beyond a joke, to be honest.

I am afraid you don''t get many more stonewall penalties than that. Unfortunately the ref had lost control of the game a long time before that so it wasn''t particularly surprising we didnt get it.

The thing that amazes me is that it came off his hand and went out for a corner. I wonder what the referee thought the ball came off if it diddnt come off his hand

Assuming that the referee did se the incident , as far as I can see there can only really be two reasons why it wouldn''t be given,

a) the referee thought it was ball to hand

b) Referees have been detailed not to give Norwich any marginal decisions in order to prevent us running away with the league in order to "make it more interesting".

With today and Tranmere''s refereeing performances, I know which one I believe.

How the ref didnt give it is just truly unbelievable. All the Norwich players apealed immediately, Lambert thought it was a penalty, Ince thought it was a penalty, i sit in the Barclay and could see it as clear as daylight. Just another example that we need technology in football

[quote user="Askounin"]How the ref didnt give it is just truly unbelievable. All the Norwich players apealed immediately, Lambert thought it was a penalty, Ince thought it was a penalty, i sit in the Barclay and could see it as clear as daylight. Just another example that we need technology in football[/quote]I wouldn''t say this is an example of the need for technology in football, just an example of the need for better referees in football - these types of decisions are not what video technology is for because they are so blatantly obvious! Unbelievable standards.

The earlier post really hit the nail on the head. Yesterday''s ref has made loads of mistakes in matches at a higher level so has been punished by being demoted to a lower league. That thinking is just typical of the muddle-headed numpties who run our game, If he''s not up to reffing matches in the Premiership or Championship then why on earth should we have to suffer him. If he''s not up to the job he''s not up to it. End of.

No seen the highlights yet, but I heard the player was trying to get the refs attention, when he jumped and the ball hit hes arm, so the ref, (being a bit slow and a bit blind) missed the handball, and give a corner, now at the same time someone in the crowd was talking to the linesmen, about how good his boots were looking, so he didnt see the handball.Now all things being equal in the season, we have got away with things, just as bad. (not that i know as i`m in the states.) But the law of averages state it.That law is in very small print on the last page of the FA hand book, Its under...How to screw a team up going for promotion  Also see the rule....How to make friends and influence people.Of course theres always the other rule...If the manager was a Man U player, ALWAYS give them help.So you see, the ref was right in the end.Remember the FA always have a rule or two for every game they ref.

I am a referee so know how hard a match can be at times but some of his decisions beggared belief. It was not just the big decions he got wrong it was also the really annoying ones like when we had advantage after a foul he would bring the match back.I have seen better refs at amateur level and to be honest we could take a one off match but after Tranmere it is getting a bit too much.Even the Chris Martin "foul" in the first half seemed difficult to justify, I could see no intent to foul just go for ball and then keeper came clattering in and missed. Yes Chris got in his way but he was clearly going for the ball as was defender with him.The Dons didnt help but being the filthiest side in the league by a mile what a surprise. I really hope these FA fines are not some pathetic amount, it should be also dept on your record in season as any team can have a bad day but Dons are a disgrace to the league just visit Fair Play League they are in a league of their ownTime for ref to move to Conference League