Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Some of you need to have a serious look at yourselves

What the heck is wrong with some of you people? I think some people on this forum think we''re failing if we''re not beating teams 3/4/5-0. Because that''s not happening, we''re getting threads asking if we''re going to "mess up" and criticising Grant Holt.

I think we need a reality check.

We''re at the business end of the season with a 9 point gap on third place. The pressure on the players must be immense. I''m sat in the stands feeling it and judging by how quickly the crowd gets on the team''s back when something doesn''t go right, I guess that''s a common feeling among fans. Imagine how much pressure the players must be under.

Grant Holt was not at the races today, sure. But the goals he''s scored, the effort he makes and the leadership he provides is faultless. Did anyone notice when Drury went down injured, Holt played in left back to keep the game going? Did anyone notice the constant encouragement, praise and criticism he offered? He''s very much deserving of the captain''s armband.

Let''s keep the support up - we will need it for this very important week.

Excellent post. I did wonder what Holt was doing initially when he dropped so deep, but very intelligent play in the end.

Just glad we didn''t score when we ''played on'' and ''won'' a corner...only to end up with a goal-kick ''cos the ref was busy elsewhere...

Bang on.

I think I''m right in saying that Leicester, who were ''walking'' the league last year lost 5 of their last eight games.

The players are feeling the pressure and that is totally understandable. We are not having the run of the ball or any decent refs at the moment but we''ll be ok.

I particularly liked it when they put the ball out towards the end for an injury - Holt ran over and waited while the player recieved attention, as soon as the ref blew for the game to continue he threw it straight out for an MK goal kick, grabbed the ball and threw it back to their keeper.

That was awesome.

Yep [Y]I think we have only comfortably beat one team since the Colchester thrashing (That being the 3-0 win over Yeovil). Yet we still find ourselves 8 points clear at the top!I dont think we are on top form by any means, but we have won six from our last nine, and seem to be coping with the pressure of being league leaders (Something Leeds havent whatsoever). I guess after our 16 game unbeaten run some fans expect us to knock teams off at will, unfortunaetly its not as easy as that.

I don''t think we have had much of a loss of form. The balls not going in for us like it was earlier in the season. Today their keeper made some good saves and the ref failed to give our penalty. With any luck in front of goal the scoreline would have been more decisive. Back in October we beat Bristol Rovers 5-1 in a game where we had 52% of possession, 6 shots on target and 9 off target. Today we had 53% of possession, 10 shots on target and 6 shots off target. TBH there was not much difference in the performances.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]What the heck is wrong with some of you people? I think some people on this forum think we''re failing if we''re not beating teams 3/4/5-0. Because that''s not happening, we''re getting threads asking if we''re going to "mess up" and criticising Grant Holt. I think we need a reality check. We''re at the business end of the season with a 9 point gap on third place. The pressure on the players must be immense. I''m sat in the stands feeling it and judging by how quickly the crowd gets on the team''s back when something doesn''t go right, I guess that''s a common feeling among fans. Imagine how much pressure the players must be under. Grant Holt was not at the races today, sure. But the goals he''s scored, the effort he makes and the leadership he provides is faultless. Did anyone notice when Drury went down injured, Holt played in left back to keep the game going? Did anyone notice the constant encouragement, praise and criticism he offered? He''s very much deserving of the captain''s armband. Let''s keep the support up - we will need it for this very important week.[/quote]

Grant Holt wasn''t at the races against Leeds either[:|]

I think people are dissappointed at Holts yellow thought he looked better yesterday and the keeper saved MK Dons.