Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Just home

Walk home seemed a lot longer after that display! The whole team had an off night, can''t pick out any player who had a decent match.

How Russell Martin is keeping Spillane out of the team I really don''t know. He can''t defend, he can''t pass and he can''t take throws.

Darrel Russell hasn''t looked himself for weeks, but still gets in the team.

Martin can''t lead the line, he needs someone to play off. I think we must start with Doherty up front at Charlton, we started to look vaugly dangerous during the last 10 minutes when he went up front.

I just can''t work out what has gone wrong, Orient are a poor team, the table doesn''t lie, but we were second best all over. We can''t blame it on no Wes, no Holt, we should still be good enough to win at places like Orient.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]How Russell Martin is keeping Spillane out of the team I really don''t know. .[/quote]

Pretty simple... he played well at the weekend, he''s a more experienced and proven player, he''s a better player and he''s the managers signing.

That said - if he keeps performing as poorly as is being said then surely the manager will play Spillane. Although I personally don''t think Spillane is anywhere near good enough.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]How Russell Martin is keeping Spillane out of the team I really don''t know. .[/quote]

Pretty simple... he played well at the weekend, he''s a more experienced and proven player, he''s a better player and he''s the managers signing.

That said - if he keeps performing as poorly as is being said then surely the manager will play Spillane. Although I personally don''t think Spillane is anywhere near good enough.

[/quote]I think that Spillane could be good enough, but his lack of matches recently would make his inclusion risky in my opinion.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I think that Spillane could be good enough, but his lack of matches recently would make his inclusion risky in my opinion.
[/quote]

He won''t. Too much missing from his game to do it. Decent to have in the squad at this level but going forward (in terms of the club progessing) he''s not up to it.

I know a lot of the fans like him because they see he''s happy to jump into a tackle etc etc (it''s stuff that easily impresses) but I would be very surprised if Lambert sees him as a long term answer in any position.

I''m certainly not going to start doubting Lambert after one defeat.

That said, I think we have to go for the jugular against Charlton. Attack them from the off and start with McNamee because by the looks of it, our defence aren''t good enough for us to sit back and rely on a breakaway 1-0 at the mo.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]I think that Spillane could be good enough, but his lack of matches recently would make his inclusion risky in my opinion.[/quote]

He won''t. Too much missing from his game to do it. Decent to have in the squad at this level but going forward (in terms of the club progessing) he''s not up to it.

I know a lot of the fans like him because they see he''s happy to jump into a tackle etc etc (it''s stuff that easily impresses) but I would be very surprised if Lambert sees him as a long term answer in any position.

[/quote]Well I thought he did well earlier in the season despite the odd howler due to a slight lack of experience.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I think that Spillane could be good enough, but his lack of matches recently would make his inclusion risky in my opinion.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I thought he did well earlier in the season despite the odd howler due to a slight lack of experience.
[/quote]

He did alright in a couple of games against sides that were unlikely to do us much damage.

If he''s as good as some people say he is then surely he will be a first choice player for us.

But I think wanting to dump Russell Martin would find out, in this case, the grass isn''t greener.

[quote user="canaryjock"]I''m certainly not going to start doubting Lambert after one defeat. That said, I think we have to go for the jugular against Charlton. Attack them from the off and start with McNamee because by the looks of it, our defence aren''t good enough for us to sit back and rely on a breakaway 1-0 at the mo.[/quote]

Is our defence that bad or did we pay the price for playing 3 attackers away from home with nobody like Holt up top to give us the presence we needed?

I think we miss Hoolahan more than we at first realised. Although he hasn''t been hitting the form like he was in the middle of the season. His mere prescence frightens teams and creates space for other players. Holt is certainly far better with Hoolahan in the squad and we need him fit for Saturday.

Our problem tonite was the final ball to the front line was never there clutching at straws all nite ,just hope askou is fit lets play Doc up front on Sat other than that great night out in the Orient the banter and the booze great fun

Mcnamee was good when he came on - should''ve started. But our crazy American right back played well too.

doherty up front for sure. he was the only ray of light tonight.

i thought nelson and drury did ok.

plus forster made two amazing saves late on.

Just back home myself and I thought that we struggled big time tonight, no organisation. Players wise I would not have played Elliot and gone two up front say Oli and Martin, McNamee on around 50th Min. Was it me but did Nelson duck out of the way of Jarvis''s header.

We did miss key players but must pick up results and recover, we made silly mistakes and with a club like Orient fighting for survival we will get punished. The desire of teams to beat us as we are top is obviously always going to be there. We must rise above it and show them why we are top and not buckle when teams make life difficult for us and when luck does not go our way.

We are bigger and better than tonights performance, but we are not home and dry until that (P) is by our name OTBC!!!