Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

No Holt....Ho Hoolahan.....No Hope.

Just thought I''d try and break up the bickering in this thread . [:)]

Anyway off to get ready for work now else I''ll be late.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]The bickering finished about 9 hours ago and we were back to discussing the topic, you can safely put your forum policewoman hat away now I think lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

The bickering finished about 9 hours ago and we were back to discussing the topic, you can safely put your forum policewoman hat away now I think lol.
[/quote]

I moan at people on here a lot less than you do nowadays Morty I gave up months ago whereas you''re still at it in most threads

Anyway back to Wes and Holt, they are two key players and without two natural replacements we''re lost without them.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]The bickering finished about 9 hours ago and we were back to discussing the topic, you can safely put your forum policewoman hat away now I think lol.[/quote]

I moan at people on here a lot less than you do nowadays Morty I gave up months ago whereas you''re still at it in most threads

Anyway back to Wes and Holt, they are two key players and without two natural replacements we''re lost without them.

[/quote]Lol, are you moaning about me moaning?[:)]

nerves are playing a part ..

the fans need to get behind them not moan .

yes we have had a few poor results ,but didn''t leeds..?

we win both our home games we are home and dry .

that is at worst.

When Smudger sees this thread the title will be changed to .....Lappin....No Hope 0r No Macnamee....No Hope.

[quote user="singing canary"]nerves are playing a part .. the fans need to get behind them not moan . yes we have had a few poor results ,but didn''t leeds..? we win both our home games we are home and dry . that is at worst.[/quote]

The fans were behind the team last night big time, and look what happened. There was a packed stand in very early last night, just watching the players warm up, it all had a real strange feel about it to me as if everyone was celebrating the win before the game had even kicked off. It was the classic Norwich of old that dont perform on the big occasion. It was by far the worst performance I have seen under Lambert, it`s not just the absence of Holt and Wes, it was a gerneral malaise amongst all the players, they looked tired and disinterested, Rusty tipified it for me when he constantly failed to get back to defend and the mid field allowed  runners to waltze passed  them as if they weren`t there. To see Oli and Martin, or Elliot, constantly chasing the same ball in the same area of the pitch looked like schoolboy football, Orient centre halves must have had their easiest game of the season.

I really hoped Lambert was going to sort things  at half  time, I was surprised we came out with the  same eleven. We should have brought Hughes on much earlier to shore up the midfield, Lappin should have gone for him. Theres no way Elliot should  have come out for the second half, he was  totally absent for 45 mins, shouldnt play for us again IMO. I thought Cody did ok when he came on and we  did  look better amazingly when Doc went up front.

So many things were poor its unbelievable but the biggest dissapointment for me is that the Lambert half time team talk failed to make  any  noticable difference to the  performance, unilke on other occasions this season.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

...because without these two there is absolutely nothing that distinguished us from any other (even those at the bottom) of this league.

"If" we hold our nerve and see this job through, on tonights eveidence I think that there is a hell of a lot more work to be done in summer than many might have first thought.

I can probably count on one hand the amount of players we have good enough for the championship.

[/quote]

Hoolahan wasn''t much cop in the championship last season anyway IMO.

We will be fine with the front line, im confident on Oli Johnson stepping up to the plate, and cody if he gets a start too.

Mcnamee is good enough and gets in quality crosses from out wide but behind the front 2 wont make the impact that Hooligan does.