Sign in to follow this  
ca

Pick your team for Charlton

Lets assume Wes/Askou are still injured who would be in your starting 11, here''s my choice, don''t laugh.

Forster

Spillane - Whitbread - Nelson - Drury

Macnamee - Rusty - Smith - Lappin

Doc - Martin

[quote user="cityangel"]

Lets assume Wes/Askou are still injured who would be in your starting 11, here''s my choice, don''t laugh.

Forster

Doc - Martin

[/quote]Pretty much agree with you, although I doubt Doc will play upfront, and I''d be surprised if Whitbread played.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Forster

Doc - Martin

[/quote]Forster Martin       GP        Nelson   DruryMcNamee    Hughes      Smith     Lappin               Mcdonald     Martin

Kind of the same just one or two switrches

Forster

Spillane    Doherty    Nelson     Drury

Mcnamee  Hughes    Smith      Lappin

Mcdonald/Johnson   Martin

I would stick with the same back 4.

Midfield I''d either go a flat 4 of Korey, Rusty, Hughes and Lappin. With Martin and Oli upfront.

Or I''d go 5 in midfield, to include McNamee and then go Martin on his own upfront.

Then I think, depending on how the game is going, if we need a goal/need to hold the ball upfront better I''d bring on Spillane and push the Doc forward.

Charlton are a decent/strong side but they''re not a particularly great side (even in this league) and, although I always want us to be positive and try to win the game, I think the important thing at the weekend will to be avoid getting beat.

Forster

Spillane Doc Nelson Drury

Smith Russell Hughes Mcnamee

Martin Johnson

after watching orient and mk dons:

hughes playing is a must, especially against a side like charlton.

having mcnamee on his favoured left side means he can whip balls in for johnson and martin to attack, weve all seen johnsons ariel presence with the goal against southend. korey smith wide right, his position at youth and reserve level, also enabling him to cut in and defend if needed.

russell martin has been off the boil for weeks now, spillanes been on the bench for the last 4 games so id have him im.

[quote user="Oli Oli Oli Oli"]

Forster

Spillane Doc Nelson Drury

Smith Russell Hughes Mcnamee

Martin Johnson

after watching orient and mk dons:

hughes playing is a must, especially against a side like charlton.

having mcnamee on his favoured left side means he can whip balls in for johnson and martin to attack, weve all seen johnsons ariel presence with the goal against southend. korey smith wide right, his position at youth and reserve level, also enabling him to cut in and defend if needed.

russell martin has been off the boil for weeks now, spillanes been on the bench for the last 4 games so id have him im.

[/quote]I would go for the same, though not sure about Spillane, he hasn''t played anything other than reserves for such a long time.

[quote user="Askounin"]Julio CesarD.Alves G.Pique Lucio AbidalD.Silva Xavi A.Inesta C.RonaldoD.Villa L.Fabiano[/quote]Iniesta is injured I think.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]No Messi?[/quote]If Hoolahan is fit Messi stays on the bench.[:P]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Askounin"]Julio CesarD.Alves G.Pique Lucio AbidalD.Silva Xavi A.Inesta C.RonaldoD.Villa L.Fabiano[/quote]Iniesta is injured I think.[/quote]Dont worryIv gotKakaRiberyFabregasRobbenSneijderAlonsoDe rossiArshavinOn the bench [Y]

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Askounin"]Julio CesarD.Alves G.Pique Lucio AbidalD.Silva Xavi A.Inesta C.RonaldoD.Villa L.Fabiano[/quote]Iniesta is injured I think.[/quote]Dont worryIv gotKakaRibery FabregasRobbenSneijderAlonsoDe rossiArshavinOn the bench [Y][/quote]You forgot Captain Canary and Splat the Cat [;)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="Askounin"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Askounin"]Julio CesarD.Alves G.Pique Lucio AbidalD.Silva Xavi A.Inesta C.RonaldoD.Villa L.Fabiano[/quote]Iniesta is injured I think.[/quote]Dont worryIv gotKakaRibery FabregasRobbenSneijderAlonsoDe rossiArshavinOn the bench [Y][/quote]You forgot Captain Canary and Splat the Cat [;)][/quote]I think Splat is carrying a paw injury.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="Askounin"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Askounin"]Julio CesarD.Alves G.Pique Lucio AbidalD.Silva Xavi A.Inesta C.RonaldoD.Villa L.Fabiano[/quote]Iniesta is injured I think.[/quote]Dont worryIv gotKakaRibery FabregasRobbenSneijderAlonsoDe rossiArshavinOn the bench [Y][/quote]You forgot Captain Canary and Splat the Cat [;)][/quote]And Aviva Lemur [;)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="morty"]Aviva beaver would have rhymed better.I wonder why they didnt?[:)][/quote]Hahaha! You naughty boy. Wouldn''t catch me saying anything like that [:P][/quote]Well "beaver" rhymes with "Aviva" way better than "Lemur" does lol.

[quote user="morty"]

I would go for the same, though not sure about Spillane, he hasn''t played anything other than reserves for such a long time.
[/quote]

Don''t think he''d let us down, should be fit enough as he''s been on the bench.

Does no-one else think that Martin would play best off Doc as he does with Holty?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]I would go for the same, though not sure about Spillane, he hasn''t played anything other than reserves for such a long time.[/quote]

Don''t think he''d let us down, should be fit enough as he''s been on the bench.

Does no-one else think that Martin would play best off Doc as he does with Holty?

[/quote]I have watched the reserves a few times and I don''t think the standard really prepares anyone for first team football, I don''t know on that one, the games I have seen Russel Martin has played okay in, I wasn''t at the game last night.Doc up front reminds me of desperation stakes by previous managers, I''m not saying it wouldn''t work though.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Aviva LeaverAviva CaioveAviva DivaAviva FeaverSome alternative suggestions for your rhymes[/quote]I prefer Beaver.Obviously.[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

I would go for the same, though not sure about Spillane, he hasn''t played anything other than reserves for such a long time.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would actually enjoy seeing Doc upfront, dunno if it would work but still...

what would the odds be on him scoring an overhead kick?  [:D]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Aviva LeaverAviva CaioveAviva DivaAviva FeaverSome alternative suggestions for your rhymes[/quote]I prefer Beaver.Obviously.[:)][/quote]Because it was better than your suggestions, and it is also slang for a ladies lower frontal rude areas too.[:D]Why obviously?[/quote]

[quote user="freddyf105"]

I would actually enjoy seeing Doc upfront, dunno if it would work but still...

what would the odds be on him scoring an overhead kick?  [:D]

[/quote]

I think it might work although can''t see lambert trying it other than for the last 15 mins.

ForsterSpillane  Whitbread  Nelson  DrurySmith  Hughes  Rusty  MacnameeDoc  Martin

Doc used to be a striker. Why not? Should dominate the air and open up chances for Martin.

[quote user="G"]Doc used to be a striker. Why not? Should dominate the air and open up chances for Martin.[/quote]He was an awful striker, the name "Ginger Pele" is meant to be ironic lol.