Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary jr

End of season transfers

We are now approaching the end of the season and it is obvious that we will going up to the championship.  We definitley need some more quality for next season and even Lambert has said this.  So we are not getting to the point where rumours start to gow around and players get linked with other clubs.
I belive we need to sign around 5/6 players for next season if we want to competing for top half or even a play off spot.  We 100% need a new GK and hopefully we can get Forster on loan for another season, we also need another centre half as i have always thought that you needed four top quality centre backs at the l;evel you are playing and to be honest i don''t think nelson can cut it in the championship. Although we have many central midfielders, Lambert may want to ass a bit more class in that postion. We are also in need for another striker going into the championship and i think it would be fantastic if we could get Leroy Lita back at the club.

So have you heard any rumours about players coming in or going out yet?
And what ares do you think we need to strengthen?

2 centre halves. Doc has been great in league one but won''t handle the likes of Earnshaw next year. Nelson is league one through and through.

Martin can do a last twenty job from the bench if we can get a decent foil for Holty.

Lappin can go, bring in a couple of experirenced older heads to sit in with Korey and Ruski.

[quote user="lmc"]Askou and Whitbread anyone??? Fairly set for CB''s I''d say![/quote]Why are we suggesting 2 players that can''t even get into the first team in League 1 over 2 that start week in week out?Yes Whitbread has had injuries but prior to them he was hardly a dead cert, and didn''t set the world alight when he did play. Although I do agree he looks to have more to offer.I just get annoyed that we always knock Doc when he''s done a job for us at Premiership level, let alone Champ.

[quote user="Methane"]2 centre halves. Doc has been great in league one but won''t handle the likes of Earnshaw next year. Nelson is league one through and through. Martin can do a last twenty job from the bench if we can get a decent foil for Holty. Lappin can go, bring in a couple of experirenced older heads to sit in with Korey and Ruski.[/quote]

I''d go with that - Doc is too slow now for Champ and Nelson too agricultural.

[quote user="Lambo"]I''d be very suprised if Whitbred ain''t 1st choice next season.[/quote]

i wouldn''t.. Sick note needs to get fit first,.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[quote user="Methane"]2 centre halves. Doc has been great in league one but won''t handle the likes of Earnshaw next year. Nelson is league one through and through. Martin can do a last twenty job from the bench if we can get a decent foil for Holty. Lappin can go, bring in a couple of experirenced older heads to sit in with Korey and Ruski.[/quote]

I''d go with that - Doc is too slow now for Champ and Nelson too agricultural.

[/quote]Didn''t look slow Sat''dee.