Sign in to follow this  
UEA Canary

Keith Alexander dies :(

Very sad to hear this. Seemed to be ever present as a manager in the lower leagues in recent times.  Obviously well respected and much loved.  I too hope respects can be paid before the game on Saturday.

All respects to Keith and his family, but why should Norwich City have a minutes silence or applause?  It has little to do with us as a club and to be suggesting that all clubs do something to mark Keith''s passing away is quite frankly embarassing.  We even have people on here posting things about the guy who would not of had a clue who he was if had not passed away this week.A good lower league player and manager who unfortunately suffered health problems and passed away at an age which is too young for anybody to go... but let''s not get carried away with ourselves... hardly a Bobby Robson type figure was he?

[quote user="Smudger"]All respects to Keith and his family, but why should Norwich City have a minutes silence or applause?  It has little to do with us as a club and to be suggesting that all clubs do something to mark Keith''s passing away is quite frankly embarassing.  We even have people on here posting things about the guy who would not of had a clue who he was if had not passed away this week.

A good lower league player and manager who unfortunately suffered health problems and passed away at an age which is too young for anybody to go... but let''s not get carried away with ourselves... hardly a Bobby Robson type figure was he?
[/quote]

I agree with Smudger! [:O]

Great guy, good sense of humour on interviews. My friends a Lincoln fan, and says he led them to the play offs 4 years on the trot, but because they never won the play offs, there was a bit of a witchunt and he was out. Their fans regret that to this day.

Such a shame.R.I.P.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Smudger"]All respects to Keith and his family, but why should Norwich City have a minutes silence or applause?  It has little to do with us as a club and to be suggesting that all clubs do something to mark Keith''s passing away is quite frankly embarassing.  We even have people on here posting things about the guy who would not of had a clue who he was if had not passed away this week.

A good lower league player and manager who unfortunately suffered health problems and passed away at an age which is too young for anybody to go... but let''s not get carried away with ourselves... hardly a Bobby Robson type figure was he?
[/quote]

I agree with Smudger! [:O]

[/quote]

So do I[:O][:O]

I''m not suggesting we do it as an isolated club, I just wondered if it was something that might be observed across the country?  The reason being that he was a serving manager and I can''t recall that happening in the time I''ve been following football.

Also, which posters don''t have a clue who the guy was, or is this an assumption on your part?