Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

The Positives! : )

1. Southampton will take points off those around us. Charlton, Leeds

and Colchester all have to go to Saint Marys and they will do well to

get anything there.2. Leeds dropped points again today, and only just scrapped a  draw.3. We are still top.4. We are still 4 points clear of the ''pack''5. We went down to 10 men, never easy especially against good teams6. It sounds like we picked it up abit in the second half and maybe would have nicked a draw if it wasnt for the red.7.

Hughes will play tuesday who in my opinion is one of our best players,

involved in the dominating midfield at Leeds and turned us around

againts Huddersfield.8. If we are going to loose our unbeaten home

run, at least it was against a good, strong team rather than a poor

game we should certainly have won!9. Next match is at home and

soon, hopefully we wont have to dwell on this for too long and back to

winning ways against a poor Southend.10. Askou and Spillane are almost back to match  fittness.11. We still have Paul Lambert! : )

Chins up, we cant expect to win them all, but we will win on tuesday! OTBC

[quote user="birchfest"]1. Southampton will take points off those around us. Charlton, Leeds and Colchester all have to go to Saint Marys and they will do well to get anything there.
2. Leeds dropped points again today, and only just scrapped a  draw.
3. We are still top.
4. We are still 4 points clear of the ''pack''
5. We went down to 10 men, never easy especially against good teams
6. It sounds like we picked it up abit in the second half and maybe would have nicked a draw if it wasnt for the red.
7. Hughes will play tuesday who in my opinion is one of our best players, involved in the dominating midfield at Leeds and turned us around againts Huddersfield.
8. If we are going to loose our unbeaten home run, at least it was against a good, strong team rather than a poor game we should certainly have won!
9. Next match is at home and soon, hopefully we wont have to dwell on this for too long and back to winning ways against a poor Southend.
10. Askou and Spillane are almost back to match  fittness.
11. We still have Paul Lambert! : )

Chins up, we cant expect to win them all, but we will win on tuesday! OTBC[/quote]

No 4 is not right we are 3 points clear!!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]

[quote user="birchfest"]1. Southampton will take points off those around us. Charlton, Leeds and Colchester all have to go to Saint Marys and they will do well to get anything there.2. Leeds dropped points again today, and only just scrapped a  draw.3. We are still top.4. We are still 4 points clear of the ''pack''5. We went down to 10 men, never easy especially against good teams6. It sounds like we picked it up abit in the second half and maybe would have nicked a draw if it wasnt for the red.7. Hughes will play tuesday who in my opinion is one of our best players, involved in the dominating midfield at Leeds and turned us around againts Huddersfield.8. If we are going to loose our unbeaten home run, at least it was against a good, strong team rather than a poor game we should certainly have won!9. Next match is at home and soon, hopefully we wont have to dwell on this for too long and back to winning ways against a poor Southend.10. Askou and Spillane are almost back to match  fittness.11. We still have Paul Lambert! : )

Chins up, we cant expect to win them all, but we will win on tuesday! OTBC[/quote]

[/quote]Sorry I should have made that Clear, by Pack I mean Colchester, Charlton and Swindon. Not intrested if we are 1st or 2nd its the distance from 3rd that I care about!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]

[quote user="birchfest"]1. Southampton will take points off those around us. Charlton, Leeds and Colchester all have to go to Saint Marys and they will do well to get anything there.2. Leeds dropped points again today, and only just scrapped a  draw.3. We are still top.4. We are still 4 points clear of the ''pack''5. We went down to 10 men, never easy especially against good teams6. It sounds like we picked it up abit in the second half and maybe would have nicked a draw if it wasnt for the red.7. Hughes will play tuesday who in my opinion is one of our best players, involved in the dominating midfield at Leeds and turned us around againts Huddersfield.8. If we are going to loose our unbeaten home run, at least it was against a good, strong team rather than a poor game we should certainly have won!9. Next match is at home and soon, hopefully we wont have to dwell on this for too long and back to winning ways against a poor Southend.10. Askou and Spillane are almost back to match  fittness.11. We still have Paul Lambert! : )

[/quote]He means we are four points clear of third.Spot on Birchfest, no need to panic yet.

Have a look at Waccoe, its world war three over there. Gutted at the defeat, but sounds like we were simply outplayed. Lets hope for a response tuesday.

Wise words from Lambert, looking ahead to a quick turn around on tuesday, but admiting we were not up to scratch today. I think we might see a few changes in the middle come Tuesday night.

5. How is going down to ten men a good thing? I understand that it makes us look better as we had 10 men, but a 2 or 3 match ban is not a positive!

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]

[quote user="birchfest"]1. Southampton will take points off those around us. Charlton, Leeds and Colchester all have to go to Saint Marys and they will do well to get anything there.
3. We are still top.
6. It sounds like we picked it up abit in the second half and maybe would have nicked a draw if it wasnt for the red.
7. Hughes will play tuesday who in my opinion is one of our best players, involved in the dominating midfield at Leeds and turned us around againts Huddersfield.
8. If we are going to loose our unbeaten home run, at least it was against a good, strong team rather than a poor game we should certainly have won!
9. Next match is at home and soon, hopefully we wont have to dwell on this for too long and back to winning ways against a poor Southend.

[/quote]

He means we are four points clear of third.

Spot on Birchfest, no need to panic yet.

[/quote]

Sorry thought you meant Leeds

[quote user="Brendo "]5.

How is going down to ten men a good thing? I understand that it makes us look better as we had 10 men, but a 2 or 3 match ban is not a positive!
[/quote]

but we must appeal on the red card.

I really don''t think it will be rescinded. Usually if there''s any hint the foul could''ve been punishable by a card (yellow or red), they''re left to stand. Then there''s the danger of the infamous "frivolous appeal" and them wacking an extra game on the ban if they feel the appeal had little prospect of success. Of course that shouldn''t happen but you never know how the panel will see it.Whatever happens, Russell will almost certainly miss Tuesday since the appeal wouldn''t be heard until midweek.

3. We are still top.

Some great positives there although I think Colchester have played Saints both home and away, they beat them at home and drew away.