Sign in to follow this  
Bristol Canary

Kasper Schmeichel

Its just a thought but with Notts County being taken over and with it their ambitions of climbing the football league ladder quickly put on hold is there a chance we could sign young Kasper? Highly rated young keeper and with their High Court date soon are they in a position to turn down a reasonable offer? It just seems with our number 1 spot seeminly up for grabs next season I wonder if he is a player we could bring in if we got promoted or would he be out of reach and go to a club with more money and higher division? Thought I''d see what peoples thoughts were on it....

I think that especially with keepers you can afford to avoid young keepers in favour of older keepers with tested experience.I''d much rather keep Fraser on loan and failing that pick up a tried and tested veteran!

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]I think that especially with keepers you can afford to avoid young keepers in favour of older keepers with tested experience.I''d much rather keep Fraser on loan and failing that pick up a tried and tested veteran![/quote]We''ve already got a more experienced keeper, problem is that because of a poor showing in THAT game at the beginning of the season, he''s already been written off by the fans and seemingly the manager...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]I think that especially with keepers you can afford to avoid young keepers in favour of older keepers with tested experience.

I''d much rather keep Fraser on loan and failing that pick up a tried and tested veteran![/quote]We''ve already got a more experienced keeper, problem is that because of a poor showing in THAT game at the beginning of the season, he''s already been written off by the fans and seemingly the manager...
[/quote]

Crikey Indy Bones. I think Morty is spot on. You must be Theo''s dad!

Rudd would me fine next season if it came down to it. Very promising young keeper who has impressed when called upon this season. If we couldnt get Fraser back next season I would be all for us just signing a steady experienced keeper from the lower leagues should Rudd have a sticky patch. A bit like Rob Green had in the play off year when Crichton replaced him for a couple of games.

I''m hoping we can keep Fraser for next year.He''s not in with a shout at Newcastle and I''m sure he''d like to play at Championship level.Not to mention he seems to like it here :)

Very overated keeper Schmeichel imo, would much rather spend the money on trying to sign Forster or Wages for another years loan. Then there''s Rudd and Steer coming through. Also if Schmeichel was looking to leave i think there would be quite a bit of Championship intrenst after his succesfull loan spells at Coventy and Cardiff.

[quote user="Yarmyed"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]I think that especially with keepers you can afford to avoid young keepers in favour of older keepers with tested experience.I''d much rather keep Fraser on loan and failing that pick up a tried and tested veteran![/quote]We''ve already got a more experienced keeper, problem is that because of a poor showing in THAT game at the beginning of the season, he''s already been written off by the fans and seemingly the manager...[/quote]

Crikey Indy Bones. I think Morty is spot on. You must be Theo''s dad!

[/quote]I have to agree somewhat though.I dont think Theo has been treated all that fairly and would have loved to have seen him given a second chance.Looks like his Norwich career is well and truely dead and he will go down as possibly The Worst Norwich Keeper of all time !Certainly he must have the Games played - Goals conceeded record at the club ?!Still think its something of a shame !

"Just reminded myself why he''s not even on the bench!"

Um.... wouldn''t that be because we released him months ago and he is back in Oz playing for another side....?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Just reminded myself why he''s not even on the

bench!"

Um.... wouldn''t that be because we released him months ago and he is

back in Oz playing for another side....?[/quote]No, because he isn''t...

Theo is still here AFAIK.

With regards to the Col U game, being fair to Theo, I''d only really put him at fault for perhaps 2 of the 7 goals: Goal 1 - Semmy''s fault for a dogshit backpass which left the keeper with no real optionsGoal 2 - Theo''s fault partially due to the poor handling from Lisbie''s shot

which let Platt in, although Doherty did a piss poor job on marking Lisibe and no-one covered Platt when coming inGoal 3 - Defensive issues, Platt again poorly markedGoal 4 - Excellent free kick by Fox, can''t fault the keeper for thatGoal 5 - Again, piss poor marking, although Theo didn''t really move to attempt the stop, but clearly a defensive errorGoal 6 - Good finish after again some ropey defending, not much Theo could doGoal 7 - AGAIN the defence, poor marking to allow the run into the area, and when Theo is coming for the ball, instead of covering the men in the area, Doherty followed Theo which left the gap for them to score from...The main reason we conceded so many, wasn''t down to having a crap goalkeeper, but due to a god awful team performance, highlighted by some of our worst defending in years. Amazing though that the defence in general (including a dire performance by Doherty) were given further chances - but Theo wasn''t...