Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

"Let's be 'avin you" revisited

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So reading between the lines cherub, she shoiuld have been chucked out and banned and it wouldn''t really matter because she only claims to care about the club anyway[:S]

[/quote]

Trying to read between the lines has made you miss the point nutty.

Because of her position at the club, Delia is not, never has been and never will be just a passionate fan like anyone else.  That''s my point. 

[/quote]

Wasn''t she a season ticket holder for 20 odd years before she even got involved with the club?

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

I didn''t say she wasn''t a fan.  I said she wasn''t just a passionate fan like anyone else

[/quote]

Oh right, how do you quantify that then?

I would say that putting a third (my estimate) of your entire personal wealth into something kind of implies passion for it.
[/quote]

Or a hope of a reasonable return.

Specially if you bought cheap to start with.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So reading between the lines cherub, she shoiuld have been chucked out and banned and it wouldn''t really matter because she only claims to care about the club anyway[:S]

[/quote]

Because of her position at the club, Delia is not, never has been and never will be just a passionate fan like anyone else.  That''s my point. 

[/quote]Wasn''t she a season ticket holder for 20 odd years before she even got involved with the club?Sounds like a fan to me.[/quote]

I didn''t say she wasn''t a fan.  I said she wasn''t just a passionate fan like anyone else

[/quote]Oh right, how do you quantify that then?I would say that putting a third (my estimate) of your entire personal wealth into something kind of implies passion for it.[/quote]

[/quote]A cynical, bitter person could look at it from that perspective I guess.But if you asked an accountant (even 10-15 years ago) how can I make myself a big bag of cash then I would be very surprised if he advised investing it in a football club.[:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So is it her position at the club that makes you believe she only claims to care about it?

Or is it something else[:^)]

[/quote]No not missing something, rather creating a pathetic straw man arguement.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wasn''t she a season ticket holder for 20 odd years before she even got involved with the club?

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh right, how do you quantify that then?

I would say that putting a third (my estimate) of your entire personal wealth into something kind of implies passion for it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

A cynical, bitter person could look at it from that perspective I guess.

But if you asked an accountant (even 10-15 years ago) how can I make myself a big bag of cash then I would be very surprised if he advised investing it in a football club.

[:)]
[/quote]

I am neither cynical or bitter just realistic.

I can''t prove she will any more than you can prove she wont.

At some time in the future they will sell up either to another investor, and get her share value back OR they will refinance by selling the ground and get their investment back OR.. you pick a way.

In the meantime they have had LOTS of great publicity (even rants) and a great ride for their money.

That''s not cynical just as I see it.

Well however much it makes me cringe a little, I wouldn''t swap her for any other majority shareholder, especially someone who doesn''t give a jot about our club.Unless he/ she was stupidly rich of course.[:)]

[quote user="no"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So is it her position at the club that makes you believe she only claims to care about it?

Or is it something else[:^)]

[/quote]

No not missing something, rather creating a pathetic straw man arguement.
[/quote]

Talking about pathetic straw man arguments. Where in the article (which is the subject of the thread) is it claimed that Delia ever has or ever will be just a passionate fan like anyone else.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

She looked a bit alright in some of the earlier programmes I thought.

[/quote]

But would Morty "Tap it"? [:)]

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

She looked a bit alright in some of the earlier programmes I thought.

[/quote]

But would Morty "Tap it"? [:)]

[/quote]Course he would.[;)]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

I don''t really see your point Cherub. 

How can a random incident during a season overshadow a win against the Premiership leaders and an amazing goal?  If it was the same game then I could maybe understand it.  You got the wrong Manchester team - it was City not United she did it at.

You clearly don''t like her, but that is no reason to ignore valid points raised by people who don''t share your irrational hatred for her.

[/quote]I think he is referring to the beautifully controlled lob over the keeper when Ashton brought it down and lobbed James all in one movement. Can''t remember for sure but I think it was our opening goal (I know McKenzie got the other).Anyhoo, he is right, her antics did overshadow a beautifully taken goal from Ashton… back in the days when he gave a sheeiteInsert Palm / Head pic here please someone!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Muddy funster"]

How can a random incident during a season overshadow a win against the Premiership leaders and an amazing goal?  If it was the same game then I could maybe understand it.  You got the wrong Manchester team - it was City not United she did it at.

You clearly don''t like her, but that is no reason to ignore valid points raised by people who don''t share your irrational hatred for her.

[/quote]

I think he is referring to the beautifully controlled lob over the keeper when Ashton brought it down and lobbed James all in one movement. Can''t remember for sure but I think it was our opening goal (I know McKenzie got the other).

Anyhoo, he is right, her antics did overshadow a beautifully taken goal from Ashton… back in the days when he gave a sheeite

Insert Palm / Head pic here please someone!
[/quote]

It didn''t for me Andy and I doubt it did for you. Or are you saying it overshadowed the goal in the media? On that I would agree to an extent although I would add if it hadn''t have been that rant it would have been something else. When football is reported in the media the actual football played and quality of goals scored are very low on the agenda.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

Yeah....at Porterloo Road I think.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Pennypinchin''golddiggin''scumluvvin''pitchinvadin''drunkenoldcook[:@]

Alternatively you just made that up[:O]

[quote user="Suffolk exile"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="GUcanary"]She has coined a footballing term/encouraging chant in much the same wasy Dowie did with Bouncebackability! I had the misfortune to witness the Rotherham Grimsby match a few weeks back with a mate and the Grimsby was ording their players ''Let''s be ''aving you''!!! It will never be forgotten nor will it ever not raise a smile to other teams fans!! it''s cringeworthy and sadly overshadows the win against Man U that same season for many people, but it''s a memory here to stay![/quote]

Even more sadly, how many people remember that one of the best goals ever scored in a Norwich shirt (by Dean Ashton) occurred in that game?  Thanks to her antics it''s become a footnote. 

[/quote]

Utter tosh. You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with that argument! We lost the game. Or are you blaming Delia for that as well? I''ve got no problem with the incident.

[/quote]

No, but it sure as hell didn''t have the desired effect. 

All you remember is that we lost the game.  You don''t remember Ashton''s goal, which was no less exquisite just because we lost.  I rest my case.

But if you think I''m scraping the barrel, these were the highlights of the game as seen from the outside in September 2009 - Delia''s drunken rant and robbie fowler''s tap-in winner [:S]

http://cheerupalanshearer.blogspot.com/2009/09/robbie-fowler-for-manchester-city-v.html

Is it? Or is the point how you remember it now[:^)]

It''s amazing what people remember about the past and how it changes depending on where we are at.

I just don''t get the embarrassment thing, I thought it was a laugh and if anything I was proud of her. Trying to get the fans to make a difference, to get the result, what is wrong with that? I''ll tell ya, nothing. If you do something with the best intentions for the right reasons, whether you are half cut or not, is an admirable act and far better than choosing to do nothing. As for the overshadowing of Ashton''s goal, so what. I was there I saw the goal, and can even remember saying at the time he meant that, he knew exactly what he was doing, I could see his eyes, it was superb ( for some reason at the time, some seemed unsure he didn''t do any more than just get his boot to it). I have since seen that goal several times, it is replayed in the right context just as the Delia moment is, it didn''t get less coverage because of it, just not deemed as big a moment, which it isn''t. 

I  think its was a complete embarrasment to the club, the cooking sherry really kicked in and she was trying to put herself over, a real cringeworthy moment imo.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

[/quote]

No that was GU Canary''s point not mine.  For him the incident overshadowed the whole season, even the win against Man U.  He wasn''t saying that it happened at the Man U game and nor was I. 

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Muddy funster"]

[/quote]

No that was GU Canary''s point not mine.  For him the incident overshadowed the whole season, even the win against Man U.  He wasn''t saying that it happened at the Man U game and nor was I. 

[/quote]

PS.  You''re quite wrong if you think I dislike her as a person.  I''m not completely blind to her faults that''s all. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Or are you saying it overshadowed the goal in the media? [/quote]Yes, that bit. Should have been playing on all outlets (as it would have done had it been Giggs, Ronaldo etc)… sadly we the tiddly rant got the headlines instead.I would have a lot more respect for her if she just admitted she had bladdered a few Pinots and was well up for it… we all KNOW she was pissed so please don''t patronise Delia. We can handle the news that you like a swig… who doesn''t?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Or are you saying it overshadowed the goal in the media? [/quote]

Yes, that bit. Should have been playing on all outlets (as it would have done had it been Giggs, Ronaldo etc)… sadly we the tiddly rant got the headlines instead.

I would have a lot more respect for her if she just admitted she had bladdered a few Pinots and was well up for it… we all KNOW she was pissed so please don''t patronise Delia. We can handle the news that you like a swig… who doesn''t?

[/quote]

Nail on the head.  Once she puts to bed the "was she pissed or wasn''t she?" angle it will help the whole thing to die a long overdue death.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Or are you saying it overshadowed the goal in the media? [/quote]

Yes, that bit. Should have been playing on all outlets (as it would have done had it been Giggs, Ronaldo etc)… sadly we the tiddly rant got the headlines instead.

I would have a lot more respect for her if she just admitted she had bladdered a few Pinots and was well up for it… we all KNOW she was pissed so please don''t patronise Delia. We can handle the news that you like a swig… who doesn''t?

[/quote]

Nail on the head.  Once she puts to bed the "was she pissed or wasn''t she?" angle it will help the whole thing to die a long overdue death.

[/quote]

So now the rant doesn''t matter anymore. Everyone will be happy if she admits she was pissed as a parrot[:O]

Somebody must''ve seen her "on it" that night. Unless of course she had a bottle of sherry in her handbag for secret bog drinking[:-*]

So come on you Delia binge drinking witnesses[D][D][D]... "Let''s be ''avin'' you"[:^)]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not.

[/quote]

Did Winnie know[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So now the rant doesn''t matter anymore. Everyone will be happy if she admits she was pissed as a parrot[:O]

Somebody must''ve seen her "on it" that night. Unless of course she had a bottle of sherry in her handbag for secret bog drinking[:-*]

So come on you Delia binge drinking witnesses[D][D][D]... "Let''s be ''avin'' you"[:^)]

[/quote]

nutty . . . straight answer to a straight question just for once please.

Do you think she was under the influence or not?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not.

[/quote]

Did Winnie know[:^)]

[/quote]

I don''t think Winnifred knows what day of the week it is tbh,poor ole bugger.

The season ticket two showed us passiion. Some pissed up chef talking crap and showing us up on national tv is a joke. Life time ban for pitch encroachment whilst under the influence if you ask me. I wish she''d just admit she''d hit the sherry. Jeez its so obvious, and I should know!!