Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

"Let's be 'avin you" revisited

[quote user="canary cherub "]

See Evening News story

Delia''s version of events is that "someone handed me a microphone and said go on and do it" and no she wasn''t drunk.  Hmm [:^)]

They handed her the mic because she asked for it.  They were hardly in a position to refuse.  

Come on Delia, time to take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to palm it off on somebody else.  It doesn''t really matter now, you''re not the first to have had one too many and done something you regret, we''ve all been there [:$]

[/quote]

It was the day I knew we were publicly no longer Norwich City the Football Club.... and that we had become nothing more than a plaything for Saint Delia.....

Humiliating for the club... it''s fans and the City of Norwich itself.

There is no way back until her influence has gone out of the club for good.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]NN. Put your c0ck away now. Butler has answered your question repeatedly and you are willfully misunderstanding it. I don''t kno what you are trying to do other than wind him up. Grow up.[/quote]

Thank you I thought it was me!![;)]

[/quote]

It was you. So you two need to put eachothers c0cks away and take a bit more notice of what Cherub is saying. You just want the best of both worlds. Want to believe in McNally and to disbelieve in what he says at the same time.

If you believe that McNally is deliberately hiding the level of profit then you should be wondering why. As I said earlier in the thread he made the two statements about remarkable catering income and loss making ventures completely of his own accord and not in answer to any questions from the floor.

Who really are the sheep here?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Am I right in thinking that all or part of the catering business was split off into a separate company (Delia''s Canary Catering) two or three years ago?  If so, what effect does this have (wheher positive, negative or neutral) on the profit that the club receives?  Does Delia have a personal stake in DCC as distinct from the club itself?  I simply haven''t got enough information to come to any conclusions.

[/quote]Cherub, unless I have misunderstood the situation Delia''s Canary Catering is a trading name of NCFC plc, and as such seems simply part of that company. It is not listed as either a subsidiary or a joint venture. Certainly the figures for catering are given as part of the recently-released accounts, listed along with all the other normal football club activities - gate receipts, commercial income, etc. By contrast, for example, figures for the hotel joint venture are given separately.There is no indication anywhere in the accounts that Delia has a personal stake (as distinct from being co-owner of a club of which catering is a normal part) or that she gets a personal share of the profits, anymore than she does from, say, ticket sales. If she did that would have to be noted in the accounts. So either she doesn''t or the accounts are missing a necessary piece of information. The smart money is on the former.

I believe Mcnally, but that wont make any difference to you, NN.

You seem to just want to ''appear'' intelligent by arguing for the sake of an argument.

I always enjoy reading your posts. They are often well informed and balanced.

Right now you are behaving like a pitbull with it''s jaws locked on a toddlers arm. You need to let it go.

Bull Mastiff my friend Ray always called me.

But with all due respect your two posts to me on this thread hardly make you ''appear'' intelligent.

Toddlers arm?

Anyway, nice to meet you kilroys[Y]

Just to clarify, I don''t think the issue is whether we believe McNally''s statement about remarkable catering income. The issue is whether he was deliberately misleading the Shareholders as some on here seem to believe. Would you care to comment on that without having ''a pop'' at me?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]NN. Put your c0ck away now. Butler has answered your question repeatedly and you are willfully misunderstanding it. I don''t kno what you are trying to do other than wind him up. Grow up.[/quote]

[/quote]

It was you. So you two need to put eachothers c0cks away and take a bit more notice of what Cherub is saying. You just want the best of both worlds. Want to believe in McNally and to disbelieve in what he says at the same time.

If you believe that McNally is deliberately hiding the level of profit then you should be wondering why. As I said earlier in the thread he made the two statements about remarkable catering income and loss making ventures completely of his own accord and not in answer to any questions from the floor.

[/quote]

What an utter load of old cods yet again

I have said no such thing as well you know if you can read.

You do not respond to my points and then throw chidish insults

If you want a debate STICK to the subject and respond to that, don''t invent things on my behalf.

That''s it for this thread I just cannot be bothered with your methods.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you want a debate STICK to the subject and respond to that, don''t invent things on my behalf.

[/quote]

Does that mean you''re putting your c0ck away?

What childish insults? I respond to what''s posted to me.

And I keep good humour despite whatever provocation comes my way.

I believe that the remarkable catering income equates to remarkable catering profit. I believe that in the light of the two statements I quoted from McNally at the AGM. When faced with these you suggest he is spinning the facts and  suggest that there''s other income included in this that inflates the figures. You doubt they know if they are making a profit on catering or how much. If this is the case then surely McNally was spinning the facts in such a way as to mislead the Shareholders.

What is dishonest, wrong or childishly insulting about my point of view?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

Once again you deliberately misinterpret what I stated.

First paragraph first line "you think he is a spin doctor" NO I DON''T read again as you are fond of saying.

Why are you trying to stir something that IS NOT THERE?

The rest has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion and it seems to me just put in to show how much you remembered of the great 4-4 draw. (yes I was there and yes it was great)

Paragraph 3 then you think she has little understanding of football or the fans then or what a live sky audience would make of it!!

From somebody who has spent her life in front of camers that is very odd.

[/quote]

No I haven''t mis-interpreted anything. Either there is a decent profit out of the 20m catering income or McNally is guilty of spin. Unless you have another interpretation.

I am not trying to stir anything, just trying to understand your point of view.

My point about the Boro game has everything to do with the discussion because, as I stated, I believe that is what fuelled Delia''s rant. I am entitled to believe that just as others are entitled to believe she was running on cooking sherry.

I thinkshe just wanted that atmosphere back because she felt the fans losing faith as we threw away that lead. And she was right we were. The atmosphere had gone flat.

[/quote]

Well, I personally think that she was drunk.....Therefore, if drunk is being passionate? Well then, I''m Casanova. 

If Delia have sung at a Karaoke in that state - the place would have emptied.

I saw her return to her seat for the second half.....(probably, after she''d had a second half).....

Still, it''s all in the past......I''d have preferred her to say "Y''know, I was a bit tiddly....and it felt like a good idea - at the time"....

"Fushball" = PASSION!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does that mean you''re putting your c0ck away?

What childish insults? I respond to what''s posted to me.

And I keep good humour despite whatever provocation comes my way.

I believe that the remarkable catering income equates to remarkable catering profit. I believe that in the light of the two statements I quoted from McNally at the AGM. When faced with these you suggest he is spinning the facts and  suggest that there''s other income included in this that inflates the figures. You doubt they know if they are making a profit on catering or how much. If this is the case then surely McNally was spinning the facts in such a way as to mislead the Shareholders.

What is dishonest, wrong or childishly insulting about my point of view?

[/quote]

One Last try.

Did not say that you should know that''s not my style.

I have NOT said he is spinning facts or that they are/not including other items to inflate figures. Read what was posted not your slant.

I pointed out that I had not seen a split not which way.

I have said I think they are making a profit again read my posts.

I have NOT suggested that McNally was spinning facts. No one asked what the profit was so why would they say.

So all the above you have posted is a distortion yet again.

That is why I thanked the poster because he at least could see what you were trying to suggest.

Back to the original post - it was a most cringeworthy, pathetic embaressing moment, broadcast on TV for all to see, and we have been mocked for it ever since. Truly a stain on the history of NCFC, and if it wasn''t due to alchohol then I would suggest a visit to the quacks to get her speech impediment and balance problems sorted out.

Please God she is never, ever let loose near a microphone or camera at Carrow Rd for the rest of her "reign".

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]£75.00 a ticket for a seat/meal etc. per match.[/quote]How many of these tickets do you think are sold per game Buttles?[/quote]

I bet you''re not one of the number....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Bull Mastiff my friend Ray always called me.

But with all due respect your two posts to me on this thread hardly make you ''appear'' intelligent.

Toddlers arm?

Anyway, nice to meet you kilroys[Y]

Just to clarify, I don''t think the issue is whether we believe McNally''s statement about remarkable catering income. The issue is whether he was deliberately misleading the Shareholders as some on here seem to believe. Would you care to comment on that without having ''a pop'' at me?

[/quote]

Bull Mastiff?.....Bull*hitter more like.... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]£75.00 a ticket for a seat/meal etc. per match.[/quote]How many of these tickets do you think are sold per game Buttles?[/quote]I bet you''re not one of the number....[/quote]Too right. I never eat during the day![;)]

I don''t doubt we have recieved income totalling that amount over a given period of time.

Income does not equal profit as you well know and NO mention was made of profit.(although if you can''t make money in catering to a captive audience you want shooting!)

Also no mention was made of how that "income" figure was achieved. Match day ticket split etc.

So yes I think he spoke the truth "as far as it went"

[/quote]

We agree he was telling the truth about income.

We agree income does not equal profit.

We agree that there was no mention of how that "income" figure was achieved. Match day ticket split etc.

So we both think he spoke the truth.

But why "as far as it went"? This is where it doesn''t add up. McNally has made it his business to put a stop to loss making ventures and by now he is certainly in a position to judge whether the catering is profitable regardless of ticket split or any other factors. Now he made a huge point of drawing attention to the catering income saying how he would expect our 20m to be 6m at a comparable Premier League Club. Now if this remarkable income does not equate to remarkable profits surely he is guilty at of misleading the Shareholders with spin of Doomcaster proportions. Which is where I came in. And I am as astounded in my belief that you seem to be unable to see my point just as you seem to be astounded in your belief that I don''t see yours.

I remain in good humour Butler, I enjoy my life on and off this board far too much not to. I remain honest in my posts. I can do childish insults with the best of ''em especially in retaliation to them being thrown at me. But I can see the point I am making even if you can''t or choose not to. It''s not about believing the statement it''s all about believing what was behind it.

Or you could just listen to the wretched boy who thinks you shouldn''t bother because it''s not worth the effort[:''(]

It''s no use, Nutty. You''ll never get your argument across with some people. They have just took agin ''er, & that''s that.Butler earlier described himself as not a cynic, but a realist. I''m not so sure. I don''t think realism involves assuming that everyone you don''t like can only have the most venal of motives for their actions. Delia''s only in it because she can see a profit. Mcnally always misleads people to further his own ends.People do things in life for all sorts of different reasons. From an outside perspective, & with a preconceived set of assumptions about them, it may all look simple & crystal clear.From the inside, however, it looks a bit different.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

It''s no use, Nutty. You''ll never get your argument across with some people. They have just took agin ''er, & that''s that.
Butler earlier described himself as not a cynic, but a realist. I''m not so sure. I don''t think realism involves assuming that everyone you don''t like can only have the most venal of motives for their actions. Delia''s only in it because she can see a profit. Mcnally always misleads people to further his own ends.
People do things in life for all sorts of different reasons. From an outside perspective, & with a preconceived set of assumptions about them, it may all look simple & crystal clear.
From the inside, however, it looks a bit different.

[/quote]

So for the sake of repeating myself over SEVERAL threads just for your benefit.

1. I like McNally and I trust what he says (thats the upteenth time I have stated that)

2.I have always believed that eventually Delia will get her "money" back, nothing I have seen convinces me otherwise and NO ONE can provide evidence that she wont (until a sale happens)

3. If you can see through our losses over the last upteen years and what has been stated is crystal clear then please lend me those glasses, because I have yet to meet someone who can.

Can anyone point me to a good interpreter because I can''t be writing in Engilsh!

[quote]2.I have always believed that eventually Delia will get her "money"

back, nothing I have seen convinces me otherwise and NO ONE can provide

evidence that she wont (until a sale happens)[/quote]Nobody can provide you with evidence that she will.  Sullivan and Gold are two of a very small number of people that have made money out of developing a football club and selling on.  Very few others seem to get close to breaking even.  Do you class the Wynn-Joneses'' in the same category as Sullivan and Gold ?  If Norwich had the same recent "career path" as Birmingham City, then I might conceded that you would have a point.  It''s quite a compliment to their business nous if you do.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]2.I have always believed that eventually Delia will get her "money"

back, nothing I have seen convinces me otherwise and NO ONE can provide

evidence that she wont (until a sale happens)[/quote]Nobody can provide you with evidence that she will.  Sullivan and Gold are two of a very small number of people that have made money out of developing a football club and selling on.  Very few others seem to get close to breaking even.  Do you class the Wynn-Joneses'' in the same category as Sullivan and Gold ?  If Norwich had the same recent "career path" as Birmingham City, then I might conceded that you would have a point.  It''s quite a compliment to their business nous if you do. [/quote]Agreed. At the very least, they''re likely to lose any return from the money that they could have got from investing in a more prudent place than a football club. That and their time which for good or ill is probably worth a fair amount. Most likely scenario is they get back some of the money they''ve invested. Poor decision making at times but I''ve always felt it harsh to condemn their motives. I for one feel we own our club more than the fans of Manure, Liverpools of the premier league can say. 

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So reading between the lines cherub, she shoiuld have been chucked out and banned and it wouldn''t really matter because she only claims to care about the club anyway[:S]

[/quote]

Trying to read between the lines has made you miss the point nutty.

Because of her position at the club, Delia is not, never has been and never will be just a passionate fan like anyone else.  That''s my point. 

[/quote]

Wasn''t she a season ticket holder for 20 odd years before she even got involved with the club?

Sounds like a fan to me.
[/quote]

Yeah....at Porterloo Road I think.

[/quote]

I did raise this point some time ago. An Ipswich season ticket holder work colleague recounts the story where, during the annual open day, visitors given the guided tour of Portaloo Rd were shown the seats where Delia and her Mum allegedly used to sit. Isn''t that the type of rumour that some super sleuth investigative newspaper journo could investigate and prove/disprove? Wherever is one of those heroes when you want one..........

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]2.I have always believed that eventually Delia will get her "money" back, nothing I have seen convinces me otherwise and NO ONE can provide evidence that she wont (until a sale happens)[/quote]

Nobody can provide you with evidence that she will.  Sullivan and Gold are two of a very small number of people that have made money out of developing a football club and selling on.  Very few others seem to get close to breaking even.  Do you class the Wynn-Joneses'' in the same category as Sullivan and Gold ?  If Norwich had the same recent "career path" as Birmingham City, then I might conceded that you would have a point.  It''s quite a compliment to their business nous if you do.
[/quote]

Agreed. At the very least, they''re likely to lose any return from the money that they could have got from investing in a more prudent place than a football club. That and their time which for good or ill is probably worth a fair amount. Most likely scenario is they get back some of the money they''ve invested. Poor decision making at times but I''ve always felt it harsh to condemn their motives. I for one feel we own our club more than the fans of Manure, Liverpools of the premier league can say. 
[/quote]

I wonder what Delia would have done if she hadn''t of been our saviour.....and just remained a passionate supporter that attended games with her hubby?.....

[quote user="blahblahblah"]
Nobody can provide you with evidence that she will.  Sullivan and Gold are two of a very small number of people that have made money out of developing a football club and selling on.  Very few others seem to get close to breaking even.  
[/quote]

Off the top of my head, just like that, the following have made money from football clubs:

Edwards  - Man Utd

Irish pair including Magner I think - Man Utd

Irish consortium including Magner - Sunderland

Moores - Liverpool

Halls - Newcastle Utd

M..(cant think how you spell his surname - the guy who bought into Leicester later) - Portsmouth

Lord Sugar - Tottenham shareholding

The current shareholders of Arsenal are doing very well

The guy who sold Crystal Palace Football Club but kept the ownership of the ground and moved onto Brentford. He is also a qualified football coach.

I suspect Chase made money on his shareholding when he sold it to GW. but in fairness to Chase he use to spend alot of hours working for NCFC and didn''t get paid for it until near the end of his period in control. So I think thats fair.

I am not certain but I think Ken Bates (now Chairman of Leeds United) made money when he sold Chelsea.

2.I have always believed that eventually Delia will get her "money" back, nothing I have seen convinces me otherwise and NO ONE can provide evidence that she wont (until a sale happens)

[/quote]

Well the man who spoke at the NCFC Open day last May certainly gave me the impression that Delia wanted some money for her shares......which was the problem as PC. wanted to put the £20m straight into NCFC Plc.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Nobody can provide you with evidence that she will.  Sullivan and Gold are two of a very small number of people that have made money out of developing a football club and selling on.  Very few others seem to get close to breaking even.   [/quote]

Off the top of my head, just like that, the following have made money from football clubs:

Edwards  - Man Utd

Moores - Liverpool

Halls - Newcastle Utd

M..(cant think how you spell his surname - the guy who bought into Leicester later) - Portsmouth

The guy who sold Crystal Palace Football Club but kept the ownership of the ground and moved onto Brentford. He is also a qualified football coach.

I suspect Chase made money on his shareholding when he sold it to GW. but in fairness to Chase he use to spend alot of hours working for NCFC and didn''t get paid for it until near the end of his period in control. So I think thats fair.

I am not certain but I think Ken Bates (now Chairman of Leeds United) made money when he sold Chelsea.

[/quote]

So that''s 10 people who made money out of developing clubs in the last, what, 30 years ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]
Nobody can provide you with evidence that she will.  Sullivan and Gold are two of a very small number of people that have made money out of developing a football club and selling on.  Very few others seem to get close to breaking even.  
[/quote]

Edwards  - Man Utd

Moores - Liverpool

Halls - Newcastle Utd

[/quote]

So that''s 10 people who made money out of developing clubs in the last, what, 30 years ?

[/quote]

You said VERY FEW made money.....well that list was just from memory without having to do any research. Its probably a bigger list than you expected!!!  Lol!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.[/quote]

May I suggest you try a bed if you want to go to sleep!

[/quote]No, you may not.I think you know fine well I was pointing out how (yet again) the same three or four posters go round and round and round and round and never really getting anywhere. So stuck in their own little worlds that it doesn''t matter what anyone types to them, they shall just ignore it and answer questions with their ( obviously far more important) questions.[:)]