Sign in to follow this  
"""""""""Ben """""""""""

The title race is hotting up

[quote user="book end"]We would be top already but for Forster''s dodgy kick at Leeds![/quote]nevermind his clean sheets and his awesome saving, lets focus on that one mistake instead.

[quote user="book end"]We would be top already but for Forster''s dodgy kick at Leeds! It''s a question of whether Leeds and Charlton can stand the heat![/quote]So a point better off - and on close inspection of the league we are . . . . . . . 3 points off them.In fact it may well be imaterial if we beat them when they come to Carrow Road. To be honest I wouldn''t be sore if they won the league - I would be sore if we didn''t give it our best shot. It all comes down to the games that Leeds have in hand. Which by the weekend will be two and we will be three points ahead of them.Now people are banging on about Brentford being a tough team to beat. We have Walsall away after that.

Tue Jan 26
Walsall

(7.45pm)
A
Sat Jan 30
H
Sat Feb 6
A
Sat Feb 13
A
Sat Feb 20
H
Tue Feb 23
H
Sat Feb 27
A
Is how the next month looks. Four away and three at home. Four if you include Brentford. Millwall are not push overs and then we play Southampton who could have bolstered their striking options by then - as if they were not good enough as it is.Leeds have the FA cup and so will have two games in hand. Then:Swindon AColchester HHartlepool ACarlisle away in the jptLeyton O AAnd then three successive home games against Walsall, Brighton and Oldham.Finaly on Feb 27th they play Huddersfield away.I wonder who you would consider has the tougher run? They play two more games in the same period if you include this weekends game. Will that make a difference? They have home games against Oldham and Brighton who you would expect them to rest players against even its just one or two with a bit of rotation.And that is just the next month. I certainly wont be counting any chickens just yet! There are several potential banana skins out there for both teams and thats not even taking into account Charlton who are just as capable.Personaly I would far prefer to fail Charlton make it just to get some revenge over them relegating us last season when they should have been kind and let us win.

So a point better off - and on close inspection of the league we are . . . . . . .3 points off them.

And they would have been 2 points worse off, as it would have been a draw.

So as we would now be level on points we would bgo top by merit of having a better goal difference.

Perhaps though we might care to examine every save Forster made an wonder if a few might have been goals but for his heroics.

Or maybe our last minute goals. Or mistakes made by opponents that alllowed us to gain a point or two.

Anything can happen, theres lots of games to play yet.But, unusually for me, I am not nervous, I fear no team.I genuinely think we are more than a match for anyone. We have goals, a hard working midfield, a stingy defence, a great manager, players hitting top form, even some that we didn''t think had any top form.I honestly see no weaknesses other than an injury to more than one key player, as I think we can cope with one key player being lost, if it becomes two or three I''m not so sure.

Forster has been worth at least one goal to the team in probably over half the matches played this season. He surely cannot have that mis-kick held against him, it''s been repaid a dozen times and more since with outstanding saves.