Sign in to follow this  
waggers

The fourth biggest budget in League One, apparently

Taken fron the Oldham forum where they are discussing moving to a new ground:

I spoke to the owner of Hereford. He said "We''re budgeted at £800,000 and we''re going down. Leeds are at £9m" and he deserves a lot of credit because he took them down in a stable way and saved that club.

--Updated 20:41

SC:

The top six budgets:

Leeds £6.5m
Charlton £7.5m
Huddersfield £5m+
Norwich £6m+
MK Dons £4.75m

The full monty is here:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~1900398,00.html

Budget Schmudget!!What would he know? Companies House don''t know, the shareholders don''t know and I doubt anybody from the club gave him figures shortly before the January transfer window.

[quote user="6th May 1939"]"Leeds £6.5m Charlton £7.5m Huddersfield £5m+ Norwich £6m+ MK Dons £4.75m" Fourth? And people on here have the nerve to call the people who ring Neil Adams "window-lickers".[/quote]

Perhaps you could ask Oldham for a copy of the 08/09 accounts not yet published.

Or even ask McNally how much Lambert has left to spend.

Or what the undisclosed transfer fees were.

Better still ask Wiz to check with his friend Mystic Meg!![;)]

All guess work!!

I find this acceptable as all clubs pushing for promotion will be paying more wages for better players in a larger squad. There is also the Championship hangover with existing contracts to absorb.

We have a bigger ground than most and therefore the upkeep is more costly. Larger crowds cost more to control and a bigger fanbase generates more expense. We have Colney to maintain.

The list goes on. We were a Premiership club a few years ago after all.

The bottom line is more important. All the above factors produce income in one way or another and the gap between this and expenditure is the important figure. This is the difficult balancing act. 

I would be very much more nervous about our ambitions if we were to be well down that list.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="6th May 1939"]"Leeds £6.5m Charlton £7.5m Huddersfield £5m+ Norwich £6m+ MK Dons £4.75m" Fourth? And people on here have the nerve to call the people who ring Neil Adams "window-lickers".[/quote]

Perhaps you could ask Oldham for a copy of the 08/09 accounts not yet published.

Or even ask McNally how much Lambert has left to spend.

Or what the undisclosed transfer fees were.

Better still ask Wiz to check with his friend Mystic Meg!![;)]

All guess work!!

[/quote]

How does 6 come between 5 and 4, I''m no proffessor but can work out £6m is more than £5m, More mud throwing

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I would be very much more nervous about our ambitions if we were to be well down that list.

[/quote]

I would not be - THE LIST IS MADE UP/SPECULATION so it does not matter where we are on it [*-)]

[quote user="waggers"]

Taken fron the Oldham forum where they are discussing moving to a new ground:

I spoke to the owner of Hereford. He said "We''re budgeted at £800,000 and we''re going down. Leeds are at £9m" and he deserves a lot of credit because he took them down in a stable way and saved that club.

--Updated 20:41

SC:

The top six budgets:

Leeds £6.5m
Charlton £7.5m
Huddersfield £5m+
Norwich £6m+
MK Dons £4.75m

The full monty is here:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~1900398,00.html

[/quote]

I highly doubt Graham would openly discuss his clubs finances with any old jock off the street. By Graham i mean Graham Turner the chairman and owner of Hereford. He also happens to be my cousin.

I suspect this list is little more than guesswork.  The Charlton figure appears to have plucked from the money put into the club by the directors recently.  They made it clear it was not to purchase players but for general expenditure until the end of the season - in other words to keep the club running on a day to day basis.  They did say that it might avoid having to sell existing players in January but the £7m is definitely not a player pot for the Manager.  McNally was at pains in his internet forum with supporters to say that Norwich do not have millions to spend.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I suspect this list is little more than guesswork.  The Charlton figure appears to have plucked from the money put into the club by the directors recently.  They made it clear it was not to purchase players but for general expenditure until the end of the season - in other words to keep the club running on a day to day basis.  They did say that it might avoid having to sell existing players in January but the £7m is definitely not a player pot for the Manager.  McNally was at pains in his internet forum with supporters to say that Norwich do not have millions to spend.[/quote]

But it''s not just about buying players is it? I think it includes wages and such like also!