Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Ashton retires

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="london Canary"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Good, not sorry at all, West Ham deserved him![/quote]

attention seeking fool.....

i don''t blame ashton one bit that he left, (obviously i would have been overjoyed if he''d stayed) he was miles better than the team he was playing in. I will always remember i was at QPR away in our first season back in the championship, and it was the usual guttless performance we came to expect in that year, the crowd we''re singing "what a load of rubbish!" Ashton turned round to the crowd and gave a jesture as if to say what more do you want me to do, He absolutely run his socks off that day by the way, head and shoulders above the rest of his team mates.......I think his strike partner was ian henderson ....Say no more!!! 

shame we never got to see him and rooney up front for england

[/quote]

Go to hell dear.

I''ve just said what many hypocrites on here were too timid to say..

[/quote]

Why don''t you actually reply to what i said, rather than telling me to go to hell just because i didn''t agree with you.....how can you not see that norwich was the problem not ashton?!?!?!?

Explain........ 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Go to hell dear.

[/quote]I''d just like to say that I''m glad you''re forced to use a wheelchair and I hope the local chavs tip you over next time you''re trundling through Lowestoft.As you''re not a hypocrite I presume you''re OK with that [:^)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Go to hell dear.

[/quote]

I''d just like to say that I''m glad you''re forced to use a wheelchair and I hope the local chavs tip you over next time you''re trundling through Lowestoft.

As you''re not a hypocrite I presume you''re OK with that [:^)]
[/quote]

Thats very harsh Shack.  Wiz may come up with some very crap posts, and his moods seem to have more swings than my local park.

But regardless of that, its not good to wish that on anybody...................even though it probably WILL happen - Wiz does live in Chavestoft after all.....

Absolutely gutted for the guy, i was 100% he was going to make it as an england player and it was the only positive i had when he signed for West Ham.

At the end of the day, he was an up and coming player - the club wanted the money and so he was sold, if we didnt fall down against Fulham who knows where he could have fired us to in the following season?!?!

Hucks is Norwich through and through, but if he was early 20''s had never experienced clubs like Leeds and Man City does anyone truly beleive that he wouldnt have been swayed come a premiership offer for him?

Especially if he was highlighted as a future England star/World cup winner!! ??

People need to just think a little before slagging off a player of this magnitude.

I cannot help but smile when i think of Deano going down on his knees in front of Jason Sh... -Ahem- After scoring a goal!!! The was sheer class!! A Loss for us, now for English football. Would love for him to come back to area and maybe after a year or so rest decide to give the canaries another run out! dream on... :)

[quote user="First Wizard"]Good, not sorry at all, West Ham deserved him![/quote]

The sort of comment I would expect from a moaning whining old bastard, who squeals like a 3 year old because he feels some people have ''slated'' him for being in a wheelchair on the ''One flew over the Cuckoos nest'' thread.

Shack Attack, your wheelchair comment almost made spit beer on the screen I laughed so hard!

As for Ashton using NCFC as a stepping stone, that is how it turned out, but do you really believe that was the intent when he fiiiiiiinally arrived 6 months after he should have been signed?  What I mean is, do you think he was looking to bolt Norwich even if we stayed up?  Okay, maybe if Man U had come sniffing for him he''d have left, but would he have gone to West Ham is we were still in the Prem? What sense would that make if he was well positioned with Norwich, no chance of having to sit on the bench and watch (barring minor injuries) when he could start each and every match? 

We didn''t stay up, and it is not unusual for relegated teams to lose their best players.  He was one of our best, he was in demand, and we were lucky he stayed on as long as he did.  I''m sure he could have gone during the summer but he stayed with the understanding that we would be back in the Prem soon enough.  Then reality slapped us in the face.

As it is, besides the almost avoiding relegation, we made 4 million pounds off him in 1 year!  It''s not his fault it all went to waste (the 3 mil we paid for Earnshaw was the remainder of the 7 mil we got for Ashton).

[quote user="london Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="london Canary"]

attention seeking fool.....

i don''t blame ashton one bit that he left, (obviously i would have been overjoyed if he''d stayed) he was miles better than the team he was playing in. I will always remember i was at QPR away in our first season back in the championship, and it was the usual guttless performance we came to expect in that year, the crowd we''re singing "what a load of rubbish!" Ashton turned round to the crowd and gave a jesture as if to say what more do you want me to do, He absolutely run his socks off that day by the way, head and shoulders above the rest of his team mates.......I think his strike partner was ian henderson ....Say no more!!! 

shame we never got to see him and rooney up front for england

[/quote]

Go to hell dear.

[/quote]

Why don''t you actually reply to what i said, rather than telling me to go to hell just because i didn''t agree with you.....how can you not see that norwich was the problem not ashton?!?!?!?

Explain........ 

[/quote]

The moment you called me an attention seeking fool.

Jeez! what reaction did you expect?[:S]

[quote user="hogesar"]I''m sorry, but Wiz''s quote claiming its "good" he''s retired is ridiculous, and horrible too.

Those calling him Cashton etc...are essentially criticising any successful player we have. He was Premiership quality and proved it with us. He gave us till January in the Championship, and we signed some poor players.

He is not Norwich bred and born etc...If you were him, what would you have done? "No thanks, i''ll stay with Norwich who are unlikely to get promoted, why would i want to play in the Premiership, earn more money and stake a claim for my country?"

You''re all hypocrits, if you were him you would all do the same.
[/quote]

well said. Dean ashton was a young man with the footballing world at his feet, he did wht anyone would have done.. stay at Carrow road in a relegation Battle or leave, Score in the cup final and go on to play for enalgnd.. if you said stay at Carrow Road then your an idiot.

If you guys went to any of the away games September to December that season you wouldn''t be questioning Ashton''s professionalism. Many times it was just him, hucks and greeno that turned up for those games. Whilst he wore yellow he played 100% every game. He wasn''t one of the let downs at Fulham, he didn''t jump ship when we were relegated and in all honesty would our old board turned down a record £7.25 million big for him? The simple answer is no.

was gutted to hear about this, i''ll never be proven that he could have gone on to be a great international player. He made our premiership season really come alive! If only we beat Fulham that day, things would have been so much different. On of the couuntry''s best strikers in tow without the injury yet leading us on to be a regular premiership team, really does show how the slightest thing can affect a lot. I''d go as far as to say that he could have been what england could have needed in the 2006 world cup to make the difference and would have made the difference in getting us to euro 08. I''m truly gutted!(and we never got the 15%!:P)