Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

have norwich spoken to sullivan..??

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

She’s trying to sell, we all know it so there''s no point pretending otherwise. Smith will probably give her stake away, she‘ll be gone in a twinkling of an eye. The only thing that will stop her is administration; which will never happen.

Sullivan not even talking to her, as I am sure he hasn''t, is a joke.

She’s said she doesn’t expect anything back on her investment so Sullivan not making a reasonable offer is a joke. When I say reasonable offer, I mean £0. Jeez he''s had long enough to put in an offer - but he hasn''t. Because he does not want to. And we are now suffering because of this selfishness.

Face it. He DOES NOT want to buy. He will find any excuse not to make an offer; assisted by some of our muppet fans who happily gobble up this notion he’s "gagging" to put millions into the club.

[/quote]

?

You been at the old bingo bag again?

OTBC

She’s trying to sell, we all know it so there''s no point pretending otherwise. Smith will probably give her stake away, she‘ll be gone in a twinkling of an eye. The only thing that will stop her is administration; which will never happen.

Sullivan not even talking to her, as I am sure he hasn''t, is a joke.

She’s said she doesn’t expect anything back on her investment so Sullivan not making a reasonable offer is a joke. When I say reasonable offer, I mean £0. Jeez he''s had long enough to put in an offer - but he hasn''t. Because he does not want to. And we are now suffering because of this selfishness.

Face it. He DOES NOT want to buy. He will find any excuse not to make an offer; assisted by some of our muppet fans who happily gobble up this notion he’s "gagging" to put millions into the club.

[/quote]

When I spoke to him at a private meeting last night he said that not only did she not want anything for her shares but she was willing to pay him to take them off her hands.

The only proviso being that he had to guarantee to bank roll the club for the next 50 years and move to the Mile Cross estate to prove that he was a TRUE son of a (here he mumbled) I think he said Norfolk but not positive[:D]

[quote]The only proviso being that he had to guarantee to bank roll the club

for the next 50 years and move to the Mile Cross estate to prove that

he was a TRUE son of a (here he mumbled)[/quote]Had you been brought up in Mile Cross as I have you would know that there are no such things as bad areas, just bad people.  But as sweeping generalisations go, it''s more harmless than most I suppose.

Now stop trying to join in now. We all know, that like Mr Carrow, you were taken in by the first load of old squit on this thread.[:)]

When I was first married I lived in Markham Towers and sam Sexton''s a Mile Cross boy if you wanna make something of it[:^)]

And don''t get me started on the EHS[:O] I suppose you were another W.C. boy[;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The only proviso being that he had to guarantee to bank roll the club for the next 50 years and move to the Mile Cross estate to prove that he was a TRUE son of a (here he mumbled)[/quote]

Had you been brought up in Mile Cross as I have you would know that there are no such things as bad areas, just bad people.  But as sweeping generalisations go, it''s more harmless than most I suppose.
[/quote]

Don''t make rash assumptions Bla.

In the late sixties, when I was fortunate enough to own an insurance book.(you are probably to young to know about them shilling a week policies) My area was Larkman,Earlham and Mile Cross (amongst other bits) and I enjoyed EVERY minute of it.

So I would never ever slag those off !

Now stop trying to join in now. We all know, that like Mr Carrow, you were taken in by the first load of old squit on this thread.[:)]

When I was first married I lived in Markham Towers and sam Sexton''s a Mile Cross boy if you wanna make something of it[:^)]

And don''t get me started on the EHS[:O] I suppose you were another W.C. boy[;)]

[/quote]

Well, I grew up as a Larkman boy. My memory was that, in those days, the few ambitious ones in our number "aspired" to the loftier Mile Cross estates. I subsequently decided to leave altogether which turned out to be the best decision for me. 

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The only proviso being that he had to guarantee to bank roll the club for the next 50 years and move to the Mile Cross estate to prove that he was a TRUE son of a (here he mumbled)[/quote]Had you been brought up in Mile Cross as I have you would know that there are no such things as bad areas, just bad people.  But as sweeping generalisations go, it''s more harmless than most I suppose.[/quote]

Don''t make rash assumptions Bla.

In the late sixties, when I was fortunate enough to own an insurance book.(you are probably to young to know about them shilling a week policies) My area was Larkman,Earlham and Mile Cross (amongst other bits) and I enjoyed EVERY minute of it.

So I would never ever slag those off !

[/quote]oops - actually meant to write less harmless than most.  Never mind - it''s been a long 37 or so years.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well, I grew up as a Larkman boy. My memory was that, in those days, the few ambitious ones in our number "aspired" to the loftier Mile Cross estates. I subsequently decided to leave altogether which turned out to be the best decision for me. 

[/quote]

Now you could have something there Yankee. My customers come from both sides of the river. I''m not saying the Mile Cross side are posher but the wife serves them[D] while I look after those who cross the river from the other side[B]

i have lived in fiddlewood what was ment to be a rough area , and never had any problem at all , i then bought a house in mile cross and again never had any problem . yet i lived on sprowston road which was ment to be a good area and had my house broken into and my neighbour had a car set fire too .

good and bad in every area.

[quote user="singing canary"]

i have lived in fiddlewood what was ment to be a rough area , and never had any problem at all , i then bought a house in mile cross and again never had any problem . yet i lived on sprowston road which was ment to be a good area and had my house broken into and my neighbour had a car set fire too .

[/quote]

Just shows what a sh!tty little country England is. No respect, no morality, no sense of community. And senior posters bragging just how ''ard their upbringing was. Jeez. You get what you deserve, in my opinion that is.

[quote user="CanaryPurple"]Touche, Nutty! As for "proveably untrue", I counted three, Mr.Carrow, but Nutty''s response is far wittier than any boring list.[/quote]

Let`s see them then CP.  As you well know for every statement such as Harris` there is one contradicting it such as Delias "Not for sale,no" at the Capital Canaries meeting. 

[quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Just shows what a sh!tty little country England is. No respect, no morality, no sense of community. And senior posters bragging just how ''ard their upbringing was. Jeez. You get what you deserve, in my opinion that is.

[/quote]Incredible, there are only 2 ends to a stick and just about every time you pick up the wrong one.  The senior posters you refer to were saying that their upbringing wasn''t as hard in these areas as some would have you believe.

[quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

I agree, but I don''t think anyone suggested there were bad areas. I certainly didn''t in my post. I took this theme into work last night and informed them that those who cross the river from Jex, Larkman and beyond could have discount where as those from Hellesdon, Mile Cross and beyond had to pay full whack. We are in a recession, cuts have to be made and a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Did anyone else notice how the place names in The Bill used to bear a resemblance to areas of Norwich? Like Sun Hill / Sunny Hill and Larkman Estate / Larkmead Estate?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

I agree, but I don''t think anyone suggested there were bad areas. I certainly didn''t in my post. I took this theme into work last night and informed them that those who cross the river from Jex, Larkman and beyond could have discount where as those from Hellesdon, Mile Cross and beyond had to pay full whack. We are in a recession, cuts have to be made and a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Did anyone else notice how the place names in The Bill used to bear a resemblance to areas of Norwich? Like Sun Hill / Sunny Hill and Larkman Estate / Larkmead Estate?

[/quote]

The Avalard(forgive the spelling) maybe Appleyard as in Crescent?

Nutty as i said earlier you must get out more.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I reckon if you were in The Bill you''d be Reg!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I reckon if you were in The Bill you''d be Reg!

[/quote]

Thanks for that  June Ackland !

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="CanaryPurple"]Touche, Nutty! As for "proveably untrue", I counted three, Mr.Carrow, but Nutty''s response is far wittier than any boring list.[/quote]

Let`s see them then CP.  As you well know for every statement such as Harris` there is one contradicting it such as Delias "Not for sale,no" at the Capital Canaries meeting. 

[/quote]Mr.Carrow, I thought you would never ask. I freely forgive No.2 on the grounds of sleep deprivation but even so it counts as something stated as a fact that is simply not true.1. "She doesn''t want to sell....Mr Harris has been instructed to seek

[only minority] investment." Not true. Harris''s brief always

has been to seek all kinds of investment - minority, majority or both.

This was confirmed to me privately in writing by a director at the

start of this year. But you don''t have to believe that. Harris himself

said the same in his interview in the Canary Preview. And Bowkett said

it quite plainly in the recent Q&A. "He [Harris] has a remit to

find investment and/or a possible new owner." Bear in mind that is the

highly-experienced chairman of a plc making a public statement. Someone

who - if he was lying about this - could easily be shown to be lying.

Fans may continue to think that deep down Delia doesn''t want to sell.

But it is a fact that Harris''s remit includes finding potential new

owners.

2. "Our owners turned down an investment of £25m." Not true. The global

figure Cullum was prepared to spend acquiring the club was £20m.

3. "[Smith and Jones] telling Cullum the club would cost £56m." The old

ones are the best. Not true. Smith and Jones never told Cullum that.

CP:

1,  "Delia doesn`t want to sell" is quite compatable with the idea that she might sell if the perfect person/offer came along (head ruling heart etc.), therefore it is not a proveably made up/untrue statement.  Pretty basic stuff really.  You are arguing that words are proof- they are not, otherwise you know what "not for sale, no" proves don`t you?

2,  I guarantee a simple and obvious mistake will still be being brought up in six months time to score some childish points- which says more about the mentality of some posters on here than anything else.

3,  This was the breakdown provided by the club to the fans when the Cullum thing broke.  The fact that many people misunderstood it is annoying but hardly surprising. 

So that`s nought out of three- would you like another go, or accept that some posters on here are so petty that they want to throw around accusations of people "making things up" because they don`t like their opinion?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

CP:

1,  "Delia doesn`t want to sell" is quite compatable with the idea that she might sell if the perfect person/offer came along (head ruling heart etc.), therefore it is not a proveably made up/untrue statement.  Pretty basic stuff really.  You are arguing that words are proof- they are not, otherwise you know what "not for sale, no" proves don`t you?

2,  I guarantee a simple and obvious mistake will still be being brought up in six months time to score some childish points- which says more about the mentality of some posters on here than anything else.

3,  This was the breakdown provided by the club to the fans when the Cullum thing broke.  The fact that many people misunderstood it is annoying but hardly surprising. 

So that`s nought out of three- would you like another go, or accept that some posters on here are so petty that they want to throw around accusations of people "making things up" because they don`t like their opinion?

[/quote]No, Mr.C, it is three out of three. It was stated that Harris''s remit does not include finding a buyer. It does. It was stated that Cullum''s figure was £25m. It wasn''t. It was £20m. It was stated that the club told Cullum it would cost him £56m. It didn''t.

Where is it stated that Harris`s remit does not include finding a buyer?  Where is your proof that the club didn`t tell Cullum it would cost £56m?  Where is your proof that a director wrote to you?  Or have you made it all up?  Petty i know, but it works both ways pal...

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Where is it stated that Harris`s remit does not include finding a buyer?  Where is your proof that the club didn`t tell Cullum it would cost £56m?  Where is your proof that a director wrote to you?  Or have you made it all up?  Petty i know, but it works both ways pal...

[/quote]I''ve got a fairly busy weekend coming up, what with watching the footy on telly and everything, but I''ll check in on you two on page 27 to see how things are shaping up with this circular argument.  Enjoy ! [;)]

Just a further thought to the people who want Delia to be less choosy about whom the club should be sold to: How would you like Carrow Road named like an email address in the style of Newcastle United?

I believe due diligence should work both ways if and when the club is sold, we should be cautious about any potential new owners, as for any mistakes that have been made in Delia''s time: she does care about Norwich City FC.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Just a further thought to the people who want Delia to be less choosy about whom the club should be sold to: How would you like Carrow Road named like an email address in the style of Newcastle United? I believe due diligence should work both ways if and when the club is sold, we should be cautious about any potential new owners, as for any mistakes that have been made in Delia''s time: she does care about Norwich City FC.[/quote]

So do just about all the people who post on this site,but running NCFC?

I don''t know though what possibly could be different[:D]

I must ask Bla next time he is passing this thread if he fancies the job.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]Mr.C,  you said yourself the £56m wasn''t true! As for Harris and his remit, I don''t need to prove a director wrote to me because I haven''t relied on that. The statements from Harris and Bowkett are all the proof anyone needs that Harris''s remit includes finding a new owner.Frankly, the stuff about Cullum is all water under the bridge, but the point about Harris''s remit is relevant to the here and now. It is a fact that his remit includes trying to find a new owner. If fans want to believe S&J will then put obstacles in the way of a deal, they are welcome to have that opinion.For what it is worth, I have a £100 bet with myself that Smith and Jones will have voluntarily (as opposed to having been forced by administration or the imminent threat thereof) given up ownership of NCFC plc by the beginning of the 2013/2014 season.I am happy to close this (non-)circular argument by extending that bet to you!

depends if you want trouble or not , the guy who set fire to my neigbours car had lost the plot , the is good and bad everywhere .if you dont want trouble you stay away from it  easy as really . all you have to do is watch jeremy kyle ... some of the people on there are on there because of thier own making no-one elses . if you keep you nose clean and try and get on with people it makes life alot easier .

[quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Mr.C,  you said yourself the £56m wasn''t true! As for Harris and his remit, I don''t need to prove a director wrote to me because I haven''t relied on that. The statements from Harris and Bowkett are all the proof anyone needs that Harris''s remit includes finding a new owner.

Frankly, the stuff about Cullum is all water under the bridge, but the point about Harris''s remit is relevant to the here and now. It is a fact that his remit includes trying to find a new owner. If fans want to believe S&J will then put obstacles in the way of a deal, they are welcome to have that opinion.

For what it is worth, I have a £100 bet with myself that Smith and Jones will have voluntarily (as opposed to having been forced by administration or the imminent threat thereof) given up ownership of NCFC plc by the beginning of the 2013/2014 season.

I am happy to close this (non-)circular argument by extending that bet to you![/quote]

Why would a Director write to you? Why are you so ''special''?.....Frankly, I think you''re a charlatan....or more close to NCFC than you care to admit.

And Delia, is digging her heels in - and waiting for better times....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Why would a Director write to you? Why are you so ''special''?.....Frankly, I think you''re a charlatan....or more close to NCFC than you care to admit.

[/quote]I thought the complaint about at least one of the directors was that they spent way too much time writing to ordinary supporters like me and not being focused on footie!But if you think Delia is digging in her heels, then presumably you will take my bet...

[quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I thought the complaint about at least one of the directors was that they spent way too much time writing to ordinary supporters like me and not being focused on footie!

But if you think Delia is digging in her heels, then presumably you will take my bet...
[/quote]

You didn''t answer the questions.....Charlatan.

Doncaster spoke to people on the phone - or used emails....