Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

IT WAS NOT SEMMY'S FAULT!!!

For me Semmy was clearly at fault for the first goal,  solely and simply,  it wsa his man and again he did not make it difficult,  even worse that it was froma set piece.

As for the second goal,  clearly Forster should have kicked better and takes the majority of the blame.  As far as Semi is concerned the question is had be being concentrating , and aware that he had a leeds player with him,  he would have made sure the ball was past both of them before continuing upfield.  HAD semi been concentrating he MAY have been able to prevent Beckford from scoring,  he was not and so despite nearly catching him once again he did not apply enough pressure to the scorer when he COULD have done.  As such for me he takes some of the responsibility for the goal too - its basic defending to know where the ball and opponents.  

I blame Semmy for the crucial first goal. It is not the first time he has been out jumped and out muscled in the air and it has lead to a goal. He wasn''t alive to it and didn''t seem to realise that there might just be a player bombing in behind him to get on the end of the cross. That bit of ''defending'' was also a howler but it''s always the keeper''s mistakes that stand out.

Personally i think we should put it behind us, We are all norwich supporters and should be getting behind the team, not looking for someone to put the blame on.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Im really pi$$ed off with the Semmy bashing.How the hell can anyone say it was his fault for the 2nd goal? Did nobody see Forsters kick? Oh dear he was looking the other way, because he fully expected a goal kick to fly over his head. It was Forsters mistake, his fault 100%. End of story.[/quote]I heard that after the game,  their was a debate about it (nothing too heavy).  First thing Doc said, ''Thank f**k the ball didn''t come my way, those ****s on the Pink''un would''ve crucified me''. [:P]

[quote user="newboy"]

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]You really don''t know much about football do you? Why was Beckford watching the kick? Was it in case there was a possibility of the kick not being as good as it should have been and there could be a chance for him? And that is exactly the same reason Otsemobor should have been watching the kick![/quote]

Pi$$ of of you toSSer. Ive played at a semi professional level and supported Norwich for 25 years.

Ok if your gonna be picky then yes he should have been looking, but its still Forsters mistake and you cant blame Semmy for that.

If your blaming Semmy then what, is Forster not to blame at all?
[/quote]

Ha Ha - touched a nerve i think,

Forster has to be at fault but you do have to look at the whole back four as when the ball was kicked every one of them were looking up field.

By the way, wroxham used to pay me travelling money does that make me a semi professional ?? if so i will use it on my next post !

[/quote]

Not if they said, "Here''s a fiver. Get out of town."

I looked at the goal on SSN this morning, and thought the same too, I also thought he could have got there with a real gut wrenching, puke enducing run, but it''s too late now. Would have been a bonus to snap the twaats legs too, arogant prick.

Barclayman

Im really pi$$ed off with the Semmy bashing.

How the hell can anyone say it was his fault for the 2nd goal? Did nobody see Forsters kick?

Oh dear he was looking the other way, because he fully expected a goal kick to fly over his head. It was Forsters mistake, his fault 100%. End of story.

Having now had the opportunity to watch the goal replayed a few times, and can clearly see that Semmy was two yards nearer to the goal he should have been defending when Forster took his bad goal kick than Beckford, can you still really say that he was not to blame AFTER the bad goal kick?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

For me Semmy was clearly at fault for the first goal,  solely and simply,  it wsa his man and again he did not make it difficult,  even worse that it was froma set piece.

As for the second goal,  clearly Forster should have kicked better and takes the majority of the blame.  As far as Semi is concerned the question is had be being concentrating , and aware that he had a leeds player with him,  he would have made sure the ball was past both of them before continuing upfield.  HAD semi been concentrating he MAY have been able to prevent Beckford from scoring,  he was not and so despite nearly catching him once again he did not apply enough pressure to the scorer when he COULD have done.  As such for me he takes some of the responsibility for the goal too - its basic defending to know where the ball and opponents.  

[/quote]I think you pretty much nail it here.The only thing I would throw into it is that having played full back someone in the defence should be in constant communication with the keeper and visa versa. This way if he wants short the message gets about quickly. The other thing you want is for your keeper to give a shout for players to face it before he hits it, another thing that either he should do or a defender should do. The back four were all assleep. From what I could see they didnt expect him to hit it so quickly. Eiether way communication between the keeper and the back four as well as between the back four is what led to that goal.Why were all four of them facing the opposite direction from which the ball is coming from? Very, very basic misstake. I think under the circumstances Semi did well to catch up and put the challenge in. But as you say should the back four have been allert and watching play then it would never have happened.First goal was Semi''s fault - no question. The only thing I would say is that in Askou and Doherty you have two strong headerers of the ball. Semi should have been put on someone like Beckford who is not such a great arial prescence and more likely to be able to defend against in the air. But you can''t always know that before a game.

From my point of view, Semmy SHOULD HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT FORSTER, AND SHOULDN''T HAVE ASSUMED IT WOULD BE A GOOD/NORMAL KICK OVER HIM, but forster being a prof footballer, should have been able to kick the ball better than that,

posted this some time ago and I have still not changed my mind. What ever you do you must always be ready for the "worst case scenario." i.e. the keeper messes up the goal kick. He does not concentrate when he is not involved. Why did he not run wide to recieve the ball and then wave the keeper to kick it. This would have wasted another 30 seconds.

29/01/2009, 9:29 AM

ctid is not online. Last active: 10/08/2009 18:55:43 ctid

Not Ranked
Joined on 15/11/2005
Posts 46

Re: Our right side!

Reply Quote

DO ME A FAVOUR

The poor fella is out of his depth. He looks like the poor unsportslike kid who was always put on the wing in rugby at school. everything is going smoothly until it gets to him. He does not know what to do. Go forward, go backward,pass it, kick it, take someone on. It takes him so long to think about he gets charged down by the opposition and ends up making a complete balls up of it. He totally upsets the flow and movement of the team and indirectly will cost us goals. Even when the play is not down his side. Sorry John but not at this level. Love to see him prove me wrong because on the odd occasion he is good he is awesome but they are to few and far inbetween.