Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Good away support again and my umbrella!

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Have you contacted Carrow Road to see if someone brought it back & handed it in.[/quote]

I checked with Carrow Rd a while back and nothing had been handed in but I will check again tomorrow.

Furthermore I have managed to post on the official site (had a problem registering) so that may produce a response.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Tangie..

Just thought I''d do you a good turn and check out the weather forecast for Saturday. Now it seems that there will be rain on Friday[st] and again on Sunday[st] but Saturday is expected to remain fine[H] However as you are going to the Greater Manchester Area you should remember what you were taught as a boy scout and be prepared. As it doesn''t look like your trusty old brolly is going to turn up in time I suggest you take one of those pacamacs and hoods that you used to keep in your satchel when you went to the W.C. Now if these are before your time I''m sure Crafty still has one you can borrow[;)]

Have a nice day!!!!!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Have you contacted Carrow Road to see if someone brought it back & handed it in.[/quote]

I checked with Carrow Rd a while back and nothing had been handed in but I will check again tomorrow.

Furthermore I have managed to post on the official site (had a problem registering) so that may produce a response.

Thanks for your help.

[/quote]

Tangy old chap......I don''t quite know how to put this as the truth can be painful at this time but I''ll try to be as gentle as I possibly can.

It''s dreadful when we lose a loved one but I think the time has come for you to accept the fact that your dear,dear umbrella has gone to another place far away. A suitable period of mourning has now passed but now you must let go and move on with the rest of your life.

I''m certain the departed is at peace in their new home which I''m sure will be a comfort to you as you look back and remember the good times you spent together.

( Alternatively take the brutal approach and scream out loud, " Pull yourself together Tangy.......it''s an umbrella FFS !! " )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Thanks for your help.

[/quote]

Tangy old chap......I don''t quite know how to put this as the truth can be painful at this time but I''ll try to be as gentle as I possibly can.

It''s dreadful when we lose a loved one but I think the time has come for you to accept the fact that your dear,dear umbrella has gone to another place far away. A suitable period of mourning has now passed but now you must let go and move on with the rest of your life.

I''m certain the departed is at peace in their new home which I''m sure will be a comfort to you as you look back and remember the good times you spent together.

( Alternatively take the brutal approach and scream out loud, " Pull yourself together Tangy.......it''s an umbrella FFS !! " )

[/quote]

Lol!

P.S. If you dont ask (those who travel on the coaches) you dont get!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hi Tangie..

Just thought I''d do you a good turn and check out the weather forecast for Saturday. Now it seems that there will be rain on Friday[st] and again on Sunday[st] but Saturday is expected to remain fine[H] However as you are going to the Greater Manchester Area you should remember what you were taught as a boy scout and be prepared. As it doesn''t look like your trusty old brolly is going to turn up in time I suggest you take one of those pacamacs and hoods that you used to keep in your satchel when you went to the W.C. Now if these are before your time I''m sure Crafty still has one you can borrow[;)]

Have a nice day!!!!!

[/quote]

You seem to have a fixation with the W.C. Is that what you called EHS when you went there on the basis that it''s cr@p?

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hi Tangie..

Have a nice day!!!!!

[/quote]

You seem to have a fixation with the W.C. Is that what you called EHS when you went there on the basis that it''s cr@p?

[/quote]

I didn''t go to the WC Crafty.. I thought you knew that. I went to WLIS and on to SJJS before somehow passing my 11+ and going to CNS for five pretty miserable years. What was your path to glory[:^)]

[:-*] I bet you do know some EHS lads though[;)]

[quote user="riers"]y''army chant... two singing... hmm... let me guess it was that ginger prat and his bald mate.
[/quote]

So riers, I am ginge''s "bald mate" as you so nicely put it. Yeah, we do sing and shout for most of the game and yeah we do have a laugh, which in my opinion is part of being a supporter.  One quick question for ya - how can you start a post about away supporters not singing and then slate Ginger Pete and me for singing throughout a game?  Perhaps you can introduce yourself to me next time and we can discuss....

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="riers"]y''army chant... two singing... hmm... let me guess it was that ginger prat and his bald mate.
[/quote]

So riers, I am ginge''s "bald mate" as you so nicely put it. Yeah, we do sing and shout for most of the game and yeah we do have a laugh, which in my opinion is part of being a supporter.  One quick question for ya - how can you start a post about away supporters not singing and then slate Ginger Pete and me for singing throughout a game?  Perhaps you can introduce yourself to me next time and we can discuss....

[/quote]

well said dicky...riers knows exactly who you are so lets hope he introduces himself to you rather than hide behind his pc.

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well said dicky...riers knows exactly who you are so lets hope he introduces himself to you rather than hide behind his pc.

[/quote]

I am kinda guessing he won''t....

Tony you seem to be quiet

I guess you must be excited. Another Carlisle trip so you''ve got a chance to get your BELOVED umbrella back.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]If the umbrella had been a fixed asset it would still be there.  It disappeared because it wasn''t fixed.[/quote]

In this case the umbrella was a sunk cost and should prove to Tangy that, even when you use your investment for the football, if you make a bad decision ( faulty memory ) then your investment can be subject to an immediate 100% depreciation. He should have invested his money in land.

Mobilise the troops Tangy. Get them all to look under their seats on the 28th. A major search and rescue operation.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]If the umbrella had been a fixed asset it would still be there.  It disappeared because it wasn''t fixed.[/quote]

Given it''s disappeared I''d say it''s actually now an intangible fixed asset.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Given it''s disappeared I''d say it''s actually now an intangible fixed asset.

[/quote]Can you clarify if it was an official NCISA umbrella or your own personal one? You know how things can get misconstrued on here! [:^)]

I had always suspected that "tangible fixed assets" was an umbrella term used by accountants to cover a multitude of things, and this sorrowful saga seems to confirm that.