Sign in to follow this  
Eurrrrrrrrgh

In memory of Gary Doherty 2004-2009 RIP xxx

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote]Yours is just an opinion. Shows what you know about internet ettiquette....some people think he''s bad, some think he is good. Accept it!

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote]Yours is just an opinion. Shows what you know about internet ettiquette....[/quote]My advice to you would be that you shouldn''t talk about what you can''t spell."He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship

standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side

of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees

around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy. "You have no opinion on this point, then?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote]I can get Blyth Spartans from BSN to the Premiership in Footy Manger thank you very much.Prooves i know a billion more things than you right there !!Now on a serious noteCos you think hes great and I think hes crap doesnt mean either of us knows less or more than the other you goon.Simply shows that we have differing opinions regarding the players performance.Im not even going to put in a last word / final blow where i say Im right your wrong cos your stupid NAH NAH, NAH NAH. As thats just rude and immature..

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]What do you base that on? If it''s us getting relegated, then I can assure you if we had had 11 players of Gary Doherty''s standard then we certainly wouldn''t have done...One thing I like about Doherty is that he''s not one to run away and hide from the ball, which is probably why his mistakes are all the more memorable to people who just ball watch as opposed to watching what goes on across the entire pitch.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote]I can get Blyth Spartans from BSN to the Premiership in Footy Manger thank you very much.Prooves i know a billion more things than you right there !!Now on a serious noteCos you think hes great and I think hes crap doesnt mean either of us knows less or more than the other you goon.Simply shows that we have differing opinions regarding the players performance.Im not even going to put in a last word / final blow where i say Im right your wrong cos your stupid NAH NAH, NAH NAH. As thats just rude and immature..[/quote]Cheers Nexus [Y]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote]

Cos you think hes great and I think hes crap doesnt mean either of us knows less or more than the other you goon.

[/quote]I disagree, if you actually think Gary Doherty is crapper than the majority of our squad last season then you clearly don''t know anything about football. If he was that bad, then he would have been shipped out a long time ago, and every single manager we''ve had since he was signed wouldn''t have played him as first choice centre back at some point.I''m sorry, that''s not opinion, it is simple and unarguable logic.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote] what about if we couldnt afford better players - like in other positions on the pitch...

Cos you think hes great and I think hes crap doesnt mean either of us knows less or more than the other you goon.

[/quote]I disagree, if you actually think Gary Doherty is crapper than the majority of our squad last season then you clearly don''t know anything about football. If he was that bad, then he would have been shipped out a long time ago, and every single manager we''ve had since he was signed wouldn''t have played him as first choice centre back at some point.I''m sorry, that''s not opinion, it is simple and unarguable logic.[/quote]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote]

[/quote]I disagree, if you actually think Gary Doherty is crapper than the majority of our squad last season then you clearly don''t know anything about football. If he was that bad, then he would have been shipped out a long time ago, and every single manager we''ve had since he was signed wouldn''t have played him as first choice centre back at some point.I''m sorry, that''s not opinion, it is simple and unarguable logic.[/quote]what about if we couldnt afford better players?

[quote user="I.S."]I disagree, if you actually think Gary Doherty is crapper than the majority of our squad last season then you clearly don''t know anything about football. If he was that bad, then he would have been shipped out a long time ago, and every single manager we''ve had since he was signed wouldn''t have played him as first choice centre back at some point.I''m sorry, that''s not opinion, it is simple and unarguable logic.[/quote]Our whole squad was terrible last season but perhaps Doherty was the boo boy due to him being the last man and being beaten time and again.Turning circle of a Panzer Tank and the pace of a drunken Hippo running in the wrong direction.His play was nothing more than sloppy.Now perhaps rival teams watched vids and said..." Look, Doc always leans in when he presses or applies pressure, so take a little tumble" regardless  the case being He DOES lean in and cost us an awefull lot, hes still bloody prone to it even in his Lambert revival.I cant stand him as a player and our fan base is pretty much split on that. I can however turn round and say, Yes im impressed with what im seeing and i am happy to acknowledge hes fast becoming one of the most reliable performers at Carrow, and YES even i was a bit upset to see hes out for Boxing day.  That being said, i dont rate him as highly hes simply the best we have and in cases of him being played so much hes pretty much the only option. Plus anyone thought that the local pub land lord would look good when playing next to Nelson ?Finally, please stop banging on about "knowing more about football than someone else" because at the end of the day we can both beat our E-Penis and drivel on about how we played sunday league for 90 years or managed Colchester XI youth pub team since 1412 or w/e. All that results from the arguing about  "knowing more about football"  is both parties comming out looking as rediculous as a pair of Delia''s knickers.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"] a drunken Hippo running in the wrong direction.[/quote]Dude, i covered all my bases already i know they are like S*** off a shovel....that was part of the irony / jokeDOH

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...
about bloody time its only taken him 5 years
[/quote]

And a relegation to the third tier of english football....

how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....

not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship!
[/quote]

He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree, if you actually think Gary Doherty is crapper than the majority of our squad last season then you clearly don''t know anything about football. If he was that bad, then he would have been shipped out a long time ago, and every single manager we''ve had since he was signed wouldn''t have played him as first choice centre back at some point.

I''m sorry, that''s not opinion, it is simple and unarguable logic.
[/quote]

Spot on I.S.

Stop being a plank CT and go and do your homework.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote]

[/quote]I disagree, if you actually think Gary Doherty is crapper than the majority of our squad last season then you clearly don''t know anything about football. If he was that bad, then he would have been shipped out a long time ago, and every single manager we''ve had since he was signed wouldn''t have played him as first choice centre back at some point.I''m sorry, that''s not opinion, it is simple and unarguable logic.[/quote]

Spot on I.S.

Stop being a plank CT and go and do your homework.

[/quote]So just because I have differing views to you I''m a plank?Interesting..... [:|]

I was one of Docs biggest critics, and still am at times, but I must admit that under Lambert he''s improved, also being alongside Jens has helped, they seem to play well together.

Last season he was one of a number of players I would have said were liabilities.

The one thing he still does sometimes is want to hug the oppo players, he plays himself into trouble IMO. 

Can''t fault him too much though this season.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="I.S."]I disagree, if you actually think Gary Doherty is crapper than the majority of our squad last season then you clearly don''t know anything about football. If he was that bad, then he would have been shipped out a long time ago, and every single manager we''ve had since he was signed wouldn''t have played him as first choice centre back at some point.I''m sorry, that''s not opinion, it is simple and unarguable logic.[/quote]

Finally, please stop banging on about "knowing more about football than someone else" because at the end of the day we can both beat our E-Penis and drivel on about how we played sunday league for 90 years or managed Colchester XI youth pub team since 1412 or w/e.[/quote]Nope, I don''t profess to know loads about football. How about you stop trying to deflect it from "opinion", and try and argue with this logic?If Doherty was crap - why is he a) still with the club, and b) been played by every manager we''ve had as a first choice centre back? IF he was that bad, he would have been dropped and shipped out regardless of our finances. That is NOT an opinion as it is factual. From what I can see, all you base your opinion on is the fact he is tall, ginger, and has a clumsy appearance, which means you deserve all the ridicule you get.I''ll say it again, so read this slowly - the above is not an opinion, it is factual. So please try basing any responses you have to this post on something approaching the same.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I was one of Docs biggest critics, and still am at times, but I must admit that under Lambert he''s improved, also being alongside Jens has helped, they seem to play well together.

Last season he was one of a number of players I would have said were liabilities.

The one thing he still does sometimes is want to hug the oppo players, he plays himself into trouble IMO. 

[/quote]Agreed entirely, shame the 3rd reich is very apparent in this forum as others feel its not right that some of us have or are allowed an  OPINION

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Agreed entirely, shame the 3rd reich is very apparent in this forum as others feel its not right that some of us have or are allowed an  OPINION[/quote]Hmm, who said you can''t have an opinion - I can''t see those posts anywhere? You''re a bit of a child if you think you can say something on a public forum, and then cry "Nazi" when people counter it because you have nothing to back it up with.

[quote user="I.S."]Nope, I don''t profess to know loads about football. How about you stop trying to deflect it from "opinion", and try and argue with this logic?If Doherty was crap - why is he a) still with the club, and b) been played by every manager we''ve had as a first choice centre back? IF he was that bad, he would have been dropped and shipped out regardless of our finances. That is NOT an opinion as it is factual. From what I can see, all you base your opinion on is the fact he is tall, ginger, and has a clumsy appearance, which means you deserve all the ridicule you get.I''ll say it again, so read this slowly - the above is not an opinion, it is factual. So please try basing any responses you have to this post on something approaching the same.[/quote]I havent once mentioned any of that ?!?Ive clearly stated on nurmerous occasions that he IS a clumsy player, nothing about his apperance, hes clumsy on the pitch and leans into most of his tackles we see it week in and week out.He plays himself into danger more often than not. Last season and start of this season the bloke was an UTTER JOKE.Hes playing very well under Lambert and im happy to see him performing.BUTThis is league one and Nelson is hardly a top rate Defender, Doc being blatent top level Champ maybe even Prem by your un-bias logically argued points means that if he was playing crap in League One id be very bloody worried !

[quote user="I.S."]Hmm, who said you can''t have an opinion - I can''t see those posts anywhere? You''re a bit of a child if you think you can say something on a public forum, and then cry "Nazi" when people counter it because you have nothing to back it up with.[/quote]Get off your soap box Adolf, your raving now , seriously, getah grip.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="I.S."]Hmm, who said you can''t have an opinion - I can''t see those posts anywhere? You''re a bit of a child if you think you can say something on a public forum, and then cry "Nazi" when people counter it because you have nothing to back it up with.[/quote]Get off your soap box Adolf, your raving now , seriously, getah grip.[/quote]Yep, and obviously someone who compares a Pinkun thread about Gary Doherty, with the Nazis and their leader has a fantastic grip on reality. Run along now chum...

[quote user="I.S."]Yep, and obviously someone who compares a Pinkun thread about Gary Doherty, with the Nazis and their leader has a fantastic grip on reality. Run along now chum...[/quote]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Meinungsnazi&defid=4017315Jog on pal

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...
about bloody time its only taken him 5 years
[/quote]

And a relegation to the third tier of english football....

how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....

not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship!
[/quote]

He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.

[/quote]

Exactly.

Since I''ve been posting on here I''ve been saying that the Doc is a good defender for us.

Infact after the issues at the start of the season I made a couple of comments about how I think he''ll still be a key feature in our promotion campaign and that I would expect him to come back in to the team under Lambert.

But then I also said silly things about not being convinced by David Marshall when he was on loan from Celtic, only to be criticised for that view (by some who went on to become big critics of him). I also spoke well of Chris Brown and tried to convince people that we was a decent player who could do alright for us, again a view that was sniped at.

etc etc etc

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="I.S."]Yep, and obviously someone who compares a Pinkun thread about Gary Doherty, with the Nazis and their leader has a fantastic grip on reality. Run along now chum...[/quote]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Meinungsnazi&defid=4017315Jog on pal[/quote]Oh good, a reference to the Urban Dictionary. Hope you don''t put that as a reference on your high school History paper - it might not stand up too well. Again, as much as I''d just LOVE to get involved in a slanging match with someone so learned, I''d just like to point out a couple of points.Nobody has said you can''t have an opinion. But if you choose to post that opinion on a public forum, and people try and point out that you might not be quite correct according to some actual factual evidence (which you appear unable to counter), then you have zero right to compare these people to one of the most infamous, and horrific parties of all time.Secondly, this thread isn''t getting anybody anywhere. It''s pretty clear, however, than you''ve conceded you have absolutely nothing substantial to back your opinion up with, and you''re resorting to name calling and childish behaviour.

[quote user="I.S."]Oh good, a reference to the Urban Dictionary. Hope you don''t put that as a reference on your high school History paper - it might not stand up too well. Again, as much as I''d just LOVE to get involved in a slanging match with someone so learned, I''d just like to point out a couple of points.Nobody has said you can''t have an opinion. But if you choose to post that opinion on a public forum, and people try and point out that you might not be quite correct according to some actual factual evidence (which you appear unable to counter), then you have zero right to compare these people to one of the most infamous, and horrific parties of all time.Secondly, this thread isn''t getting anybody anywhere. It''s pretty clear, however, than you''ve conceded you have absolutely nothing substantial to back your opinion up with, and you''re resorting to name calling and childish behaviour. [/quote]LOL, im done arguing my point as ive said it about 3 times now and you have just ignored it. So called evidence is there time and again and on the pitch week in week out.If you want futher irony im 1/4 German, so have every right to say what i want about my own heritage ;)And about being Learned, im a high school teacher matey   :-pIm sure you wont belive that but then you have ignored the rest of my evidence ;)We do however agree on one thing, this thread is getting no where.Lets just agree on one thingI think Doc is pantsYou think Doc is greatEnd of , both of us are right, both of us are wrong.Yeh ?happy days

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

All very nice, but this dead donkey is more apt.

[img] http://animalmakers.com/News/2007_0222/images/military1.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Didn''t look too dead tonight did he Wizard? [:D]

[/quote]

He''s still a car crash in waiting Angel, hell, I could mark Scowcroft in my wheelchair!

[/quote]

It''s nice to know that when we play Leyton Orient away we could put Wiz in central defence. Even though he''s probably got a slower turning circle than Michael Nelson.

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

All very nice, but this dead donkey is more apt.

[img] http://animalmakers.com/News/2007_0222/images/military1.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Didn''t look too dead tonight did he Wizard? [:D]

[/quote]

He''s still a car crash in waiting Angel, hell, I could mark Scowcroft in my wheelchair!

[/quote]

It''s nice to know that when we play Leyton Orient away we could put Wiz in central defence. Even though he''s probably got a slower turning circle than Michael Nelson.

[/quote]I''d play Wiz at right back, to be honest, to give the side some shape.