Sign in to follow this  
Road to Nowhere

Is Hartlepool the best game for Nelson to start after Colchester?

The guy''s confidence must be fairly low after you know what so if I was Lambert I''m not sure I would play him today.

All it will take is the home crowd to get on his back which they will inevitably do and it will be circus time at the back again. It could go the other way however and he could play a blinder but is anyone else nervous about this?

Not sure what the alternative is as I am not a Doc fan and Dumic is surely too young? Whichever way you spin it the simple fact is we can''t afford to keep conceding sloppy goals. This comes through stability at the back which we have not had since the Green, Drury, Flem, Malky, Eddy days.

Like everyone else involved in the Colchester debacle, I think Nelson deserves a second chance.  I agree that putting him in away from home would be the best re-introduction.  However, didn''t he leave Hartlepool to join us?  So I''m guessing that Hartlepool will know his game inside-out and seek to exploit what looks like his alarming lack of pace.  In which case I''d bring him back in for the Johnstone Paint game which will be in front of a much smaller Carrow Road crowd.

Alnwick (if fit) Forster if notJ.O        Askou     Nelson       Drury McV       Smith     Hughes       Lappin              Holt        I''m Loving it would be my team. After Monday I have lost all confidence in Doherty.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Like everyone else involved in the Colchester debacle, I think Nelson deserves a second chance.  I agree that putting him in away from home would be the best re-introduction.  However, didn''t he leave Hartlepool to join us?  So I''m guessing that Hartlepool will know his game inside-out and seek to exploit what looks like his alarming lack of pace.  In which case I''d bring him back in for the Johnstone Paint game which will be in front of a much smaller Carrow Road crowd.[/quote]

And vice versa.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]I wouldnt play him any day imo he is worse than Doc[/quote]

How many times have you seen Nelson play?

He is reputed to be a no-nonsense player, and keen to play against Hartlepool, so I would not be worried about playing Nelson. The only question is how far the only game he has played affected him as it affected others, or how far Doc''s poor performance affected Nelson. The choice between Doc and Nelson is apparently a difficult one.We have not seen him in training, to know how good he is technically, but clearly the management team will have a better idea. Lambert wants to see everybody, but he also wants to get away points and momentum.As to whether we should slip him in during an away game, rather than at home, we shall have 800 supporters there apparently, as well as the Pool fans, to get on his back.On a fine balance, I think that I personally would give Nelson a chance, bearing in mind his desire to do well there.

Nope - for me the best game is Tuesdays paint game.  No league points at stake (they are our key goal this year) and the ideal place to get some confidence.

We need to avoid a defeat today - and thats too big a risk for nelson or Theo

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]I wouldnt play him any day imo he is worse than Doc[/quote]

I would have Nelson over Doc. I have only seen Nelson play once and we lost 7-1 but Doc gives away far to many freekicks and they lead to goals.

You were saying?  [:P]

It amazes me that people count players out after one appearance. That''s the kind of short sighted thinking that got this club into the problems we had/have.

Well done Nelson, always more pressure when you''re against your old club.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Re: Is Hartlepool the best game for Nelson to start after Colchester?

[/quote]

Can you slag someone else off before the next match. You may have a gift!

[quote user="GoldenNugget"]It amazes me that people count players out after one appearance. That''s the kind of short sighted thinking that got this club into the problems we had/have.
[/quote]

Surely though, we shouldnt be counting him IN after one good performance either?

If he can continue doing well and we start looking solid more often, then Ill hold my hands up and say my first opinion of him was wrong- I just cant get that suicidal defending out of my head yet.

[quote user="Horse Manure"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Re: Is Hartlepool the best game for Nelson to start after Colchester?

[/quote]

Can you slag someone else off before the next match. You may have a gift!

[/quote]

I wasn''t slagging him off if you''d have read the post properly.

I would try this with Cureton but I may just quit now....