Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

Ciderkidd's TEAM RATINGS

First game of the season for me, enjoyed it thouroghly.ALNWICK - 6.0 - Thought he wasn''t quite as dominant as I''ve heard he was, several dodgy moments, on the whole solid.OTSEMOBOR - 7.0 - Several dodgy moments once again, such as recovering the ball in the Norwich area and then for some reason thumping it out for a corner, but I was very impressed by his overrunning runs today, and the moment where Norwich got 3 or 4 balls into the area he was constantly found unmarked and put in some decent balls. Good performance.DOHERTY - 4.5 - Really really REALLY unimpressed today, trying to convince the girlfriend that he isn''t all that was alot easier today. Slipped for the first goal, still quite alot of tugging and too slow against the likes of Jones and Campbell. Has had better games.SPILLANE - 6.0 - Solid game, from what I''ve heard was a straight red but from the City Stand couldn''t see too well.TUDOR-JONES - 6.0 - Not impressive but not shabby, strong in the air as expected but lost the ball too many times really against a much stronger Sunderland midfield.WHALEY - 5.0 - Out of the game alot, should have really done better with the one-on-one with Gordan but credit to the Scotsman, it was a good save.HOOLAHAN - 7.5 - Impressed with him today, got his goal, showed good skill on the ball and didn''t lose it as much as I''ve seen before - possibly trying to stay? Who knows, it was a good game for him today.ADEYEMI - 7.0 - Big night for him, passed well and generally did his job - solid game.LAPPIN - 7.5 - Better than good performance today, did well with set pieces as expected and some good balls down the line. Good performance, and got MOM too I believe.HOLT - 7.0 - Not his best game, had some half chances but missed, reasonable in the air against some very strong Centre-Backs in Nosworthy and Da Silva, reasonable game.DALEY - 6.5 - Flashes of good play, most of the time faded out of the game. Surely just being blooded by Lambert, will improve in time.Substitutes;McDONALD - 7.5 - Surely going to be a cult figure at the club if he continues like this, some good play and running, was his header which hit the post and fell for Hoolahan to tap in. Him going in goal after Alnwick was injured just put the cherry on the cake - if he can improve his shooting and be more clinical, will surely succeed at this level.MARTIN - 8.0 - My man of the match, thought he was inspired when he came on, won more in the air than I thought Holt did, and did very well. The girlfriend liked it when he was changing too - sitting behind the dugout does have its advantages, well for the girls anyway.SMITH - 6.5 - Did okay, lost the ball several times but was decent enough.LAMBERT - 7.0 - Good idea blooding the likes of Adeyemi and Daley against high-profile opposition, tactics were okay and thought the bringing on of Martin and McDonald were very good.BLOKE IN THE CITY STAND - 10.0 - for shouting at Steve Bruce, when he complained that they didnt get a penalty - "He was just headbutting him, same as you did Steve!" Pure genius, got a smile and chuckle out of Bruce too, was a personal highlight.

Done my ratings - Glenn Foy''s thoughts.. So your not joking. OK, I''ll elaborate. I think the reason we looked so weak defensively tonight was due to our right side, Whalley not tracking back along with Otsemobor. I also thought Otsemobor''s positional sense was awful tonight, he doesn''t track runners, and doesn''t know when to push forward or stay back; he has to be told basically i think. Also with Martin, the only thing I remember him doing is missing a great chance to put us back in the game to make it 3-2 after a great cross from Lappin. To me Martin looks fat, immobile, and lacking determination.

Sorry, that sounded nasty earlier, I just can''t deal with rejection too well haha. Well, I thought Otsemebor was better today than I last saw him, so I take it he was pants last match, which I can''t recall atm. And trust me, Martin is not fat after seeing him change tops before coming on - I was impressed by him the air today, but granted he did miss a good chance.

Your ratings are absolutely aweful. Martin 8? Whaley 5? I thought Whaley had a pretty decent game.

Tempted to agree with your ratings CiderKidd, however I would have given Semmy a 6 and Whaley a 3 (some nice crosses but really let the team down on a number of occasions and missed a glorious 1 on 1 chance which he hit straight at the keepers chest, didn''t even force a real save out of him for it)

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]Done my ratings - Glenn Foy''s thoughts.. So your not joking. OK, I''ll elaborate. I think the reason we looked so weak defensively tonight was due to our right side, Whalley not tracking back along with Otsemobor. I also thought Otsemobor''s positional sense was awful tonight, he doesn''t track runners, and doesn''t know when to push forward or stay back; he has to be told basically i think. Also with Martin, the only thing I remember him doing is missing a great chance to put us back in the game to make it 3-2 after a great cross from Lappin. To me Martin looks fat, immobile, and lacking determination.[/quote]agree about semmy but Martin looks none of the things you say imo

My ratings (1-10):Alnwick: 3Otsemobor: 3 Lappin: 3  (his defending was poor)Doc: 3Spillane: 3 - plays with high riskWhaley: 3  (started really good...)Tudor Jones: 2 Adeyemi: 2 Wes: 4 - good with the ball, but ineffectiveHolt: 6 - will score 25 this season if injury freeDaley: 2 - not a L1 striker.Martin: 5 - won many duels, good vision, but should have scoredCody : 4 - he has a problem with timing his runs... (10/10 as goalkeeper!)Smith: 4 - poor passing

I''d stick to your cider mate, you seem to of been having a lot of it when you gave those ratings.

I know you''ll throw your toys out of the pram if I don''t give my ratings, so here they are:

Alnwick: 5
Otsemobor: 3
Lappin: 7 
Doc: 4
Spillane: 6
Whaley: 4 
Tudor Jones: 4
Adeyemi: 5
Wes: 5
Holt: 8
Daley: 6

Martin: 5
Cody : 6
Smith: 5 

Alnwick: 6 good save from campbells over head kick

Otsemobor: 5 out of position all night, just stood in no mans land for the reid chip.

Lappin: 7 not his natural position but still did well

Doc: 4 every header went to a sunderland player, tripped for first goal and should have cleared it for the og.

Spillane: 5 - looked good at times but made too many mistakes

Whaley: 5 didnt help out semmy enough, no communication between the two

Tudor Jones: 5 didnt help the defence out enough and got caught on the break

Adeyemi: 5 didnt help the defence out enough and got caught on the break

Wes: 6 - some good runs and kept the ball to allow the defence to get out. at the centre of most attacks. tried to help out lappin but isnt the best tackler

Holt: 7 - played some nice balls and lead from the front, didnt have a real chance himself

Daley: 5 - still learning, only first start.

Martin: 6 - unlucky not to score

Cody : 5 - unlucky not to score but looked lively

Smith: 5 - never got into the game

Might as well give mine too...

Alnwick - 5
Otsemobor - 3
Doherty - 4
Spillane - 4
Lappin - 6
Whaley - 3
Tudur Jones - 3
Adeyemi - 4
Hoolahan - 6
Daley - 5
Holt - 7

Subs:

Martin - 5
McDonald - 6
Smith - 5

OK here goes - assuming 5 is average..

Alnwick 5 A couple of good saves but WAAAY too slow to come off his line

Semmy 3 simply dreadful as a right back, might make a right winger one day gets 3 instead of one because of 1 great tackle with about 15 to go

Doc 3

Spillane 4

Lappin 6 Good delivery and passing but poor defensively. Back at laft midfield on Satrurday please and great to see him back playing well

Tudor-Jones 2 Totally anonymous, hides whenever he can, quite an achievement for someone his size! Saved from a one by dint of one shot on target

Whaley 3

Hoolahan 5

Adeyemi 5

Holt 7.5 Our best player by far on the night, not saying much

Daley 5 promising

McDonald 3

Martin 2, one good header to set up the goal otherwise hopeless