Sign in to follow this  
Rob_GT4

Alan Gow? - Argyle fan in peace...

Guys Argyle have completed the signing of Alan Gow today, really hard to find out much about him and I didn''t get the chance to watch him playing for you last year, really interested to know your views on him, warts and all!

[:-*]

Was pretty good for us, will never be an out and out striker, does tend to hog the ball a bit too much and get caughtin possesion, but I think he''ll do OK for you guya

Creative player, but, as the poster above said, tends to take on one too many players and then looses it. If he''s a permanent signing for you, I think he could do allright.

Should be a fairly okay player for you.I think he won''t be remembered too fondly here being one of the many loanees in the relegation squad.

Bit of a luxury player. Came in and did very well in his first couple of games, tore Cardiff to pieces at Carrow Road. Then the clueless Gunn began playing him wide where he looked less effective. Failed to score in 10 odd games for us.

Nice to talk about something other than Gunny

The Gowser certainly has the talent but he''s too lightweight and prone to being pushed off the ball. He also suffers from the problem of not really fitting into any position. Not big enough to be a striker, not fast enough to be a winger and not defensive minded enough to play midfield. Sort out a position where he''s comfortable and you have a pretty decent player IMO

cool doesn''t seem to be too much negativity there which I think I was expecting as he has a reputation for being a big ego and a bit lazy?

We seem to have built a good reliable team of soldiers and workhorses if you get me, we''re now just missing a bit of flare and creativity after Gallagher going back to Blackburn so maybe we can afford some ''luxury'', he''s signed a 2 year deal [Y]

Load of old pony if I''m honest.  Had one good game when he reminded me of Steve McManaman, had a few more games when he reminded me of Steve S**t Lazy Arse.

Excellent signing for your team. We played him as a striker for the first 2 games and he got man of the match awards for both games. Then we signed Alan Lee on loan, and Gow was moved to midfield were he didn''t do too well but neither did the rest of the team. If u play him as a forward and keep him as a forward he will doing very well. Good luck for the season!

The perfect compliment to most strikers, and when played up front, on form, will bring out the most of his fellow forwards.Doesn''t often find the net (Blackpool fans may beg to differ on that, i dunno... ) but has the talent to make the most of possesion.Much like Hoolahan, playing him on the wing will probably see him have little or no say in the game, but in a more central role will be a key player.

He''s a skillful player but let down by a lack of pace. He can beat a defender with a trick but then struggles to get away from them.

Not a natural goalscorer, much more a player who creates. In my opinion he''s at his best when he''s playing around the edge of the box but he''s probably quite a hard player to fit into a system and get the best out of.