Sign in to follow this  
Blofield Canary

Jumping to conclusions

One very poor game and people want to hang the manager , sack the board etc. FFS it''s one game out of a season.

How many on here play golf?

Ever put your drive at the 1st well out of bounds? Stuck your drive on the short 2nd into a bloody great bunker?

Do you give up and not bother playing the next 16? Do you sack your caddy? Sell your clubs and take up knitting?

Lets wait a few games and see  what happens. One of our best seasons followed us conceeding 7 goals in a game.

Gunn''s had 20 or so drives and pretty much put all of them out of bounds.I can''t even think of how to extend the golfing analogy to describe yesterday''s ''drive''.

I seem to remember fans calling for Worthington''s head after a 4-0 stuffing by Millwall on the opening day. They soon shut up when we reached the playoff finals in Cardiff, so I sympathise to some extent with your point of view. That said however I don''t think the problem people have is primarily yesterday''s result. I feel it''s more to do with the lack of belief in the manager''s ability to turn things around. If Gunn had already shown that he can get results, motivate a team etc then perhaps people would be a little less worried by yesterday''s display. Unfortunately he hasn''t, so people''s general nervousness is entirely warranted. Still, I hope you''re right. [Y]

[quote user="jbghost"]

One very poor game and people want to hang the manager , sack the board etc. FFS it''s one game out of a season.

Ever put your drive at the 1st well out of bounds? Stuck your drive on the short 2nd into a bloody great bunker?

Do you give up and not bother playing the next 16? Do you sack your caddy? Sell your clubs and take up knitting?

Lets wait a few games and see  what happens. One of our best seasons followed us conceeding 7 goals in a game.

[/quote]

the differnece is im confident in my golf......not sure im confident in Gunn''s ability after 20 league games!

I see your thinking, although if you continuely hit your drive out of bounds, you usually take a different club to try and stop the OB shots, in this case, the keeper!!!

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]Sorry? There''s a golf analogy now? This "one very poor game" is the worst home result in 107 years my friend.Worst post ever.

[quote user="jbghost"]He was playing with somebody elses clubs last season. Has bought or scrounged his own set now so I''m judging him from now.[/quote]

3 defenders from last year!

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Gunn''s had 20 or so drives and pretty much put all of them out of bounds.

I can''t even think of how to extend the golfing analogy to describe yesterday''s ''drive''.
[/quote]

''Yesterday was like teeing off backwards with a putter, hitting your ball at the shakily built clubhouse in its critical weak point meaning the entire building collapses and then you get attack by an angry cougar''

?

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Please JB - I want you to ask yourself one question and answer it honestly? - can you really,really visualise Bryan Gunn masterminding enough wins over the course of a season, home and away to get us promoted out of this league?. If the answer ,as I suspect it should be ,is no - then he''s got to go.

[quote user="jbghost"]He was playing with somebody elses clubs last season. Has bought or scrounged his own set now so I''m judging him from now.[/quote]You know whta they say about a bad workman........

[quote user="Mason 47"]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Gunn''s had 20 or so drives and pretty much put all of them out of bounds.I can''t even think of how to extend the golfing analogy to describe yesterday''s ''drive''.[/quote]

''Yesterday was like teeing off backwards with a putter, hitting your ball at the shakily built clubhouse in its critical weak point meaning the entire building collapses and then you get attack by an angry cougar''

?

[/quote]It was worse than that, you could never hit it far enough backwards off the tee to really describe how bad yesterday was.How about, you hit it backwards off the tee with your driver and hit the best shot you''ve ever done...well in excess of 300 yards.  The ball goes so far, it lands in the snake pit of the local zoo, making 2 of the snakes really angry, who come and get you.  Fortunately, so really very professional stewards stop the snakes just before they reach you, leaving you free to hit your next 6 tee shots just as far backwards off the tee.

Glad to see my post has managed to at leat bring a bit of humour back to this board. And to answer the question, I am far from confident that Gunn can get us enough wins this season to make the playoffs. To be honest i can see us knocked out of the League cup and JP Trophy by the end of the month and in the bottom 3 of the league.

Still prepared to judge the current team after 8 games. There must have been something there preseason. Ignoring the earlier games we did manage a win at Palace and beat a very decent Wigan side.

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

with regards to gunny. No,not yet. Its his first real team but i have some very worrying concerns and i don''t think we should afford the time most managers get if we continue poorly the next 5 or so games. As for the Board, well they''ve had plenty long enough and some.No excuses for them i''m afraid