Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

PARDEW OR GUNN

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="The Undertaker"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]it is yes. do you play for the opposition.[/quote]

No, good mates with the manager though. Looking forward to it, although word is your team is very good (depsite being new?). Does Roy play for you? Dickleburgh are rubbish really, solid but unspectacular.

[/quote]

Yes Roy does play but picked up an injury at Norwich Utd the other night, hoping he will be fit though. Do you know Roy then.

[/quote]

No - a couple of my mates do through football and I used to go and watch your shows and the FWA - never seen him play footy though so hope he''s fit. Would you say you''re a good side or is it hard to tell being new?

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="The Undertaker"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]it is yes. do you play for the opposition.[/quote]

No, good mates with the manager though. Looking forward to it, although word is your team is very good (depsite being new?). Does Roy play for you? Dickleburgh are rubbish really, solid but unspectacular.

[/quote]

Yes Roy does play but picked up an injury at Norwich Utd the other night, hoping he will be fit though. Do you know Roy then.

[/quote]

No - a couple of my mates do through football and I used to go and watch your shows and the FWA - never seen him play footy though so hope he''s fit. Would you say you''re a good side or is it hard to tell being new?

We have a very good side if we can get them all out together but with the holiday season and saturday clubs pre season its difficult but i think we will give most a game.

[/quote]

[quote user="LQ"]I''m going to see if I can find out what some Saints fans think of this but my gut reaction is that they were hoping for someone with a little more oomph!

[/quote]LQ, so far the reaction on the Southern Echo site is almost universally favourable. One or two questions about whether he''s the nicest chap in the world, and the odd feeling that there could have been a higher-profile appoitment. But this is a typical post:
"Very pleased with this appointment.

The new board are going up in my expectations all the time. They have

chosen a man with a wealth of experience in the lower leagues and

above. We need to get behind him and raise the roof tomorrow. Let the

good times roll. COYR."As to Gunn versus Pardew, when you strip everything else away you need a manager standing on the touchline who knows what they''re doing. Pardew, whatever his faults, does. There is no evidence at all that Gunn does, or that he ever will.

Once more, with feeling...LQ, so far the reaction on the Southern Echo site is almost universally

favourable. One or two questions about whether he''s the nicest chap in

the world, and the odd feeling that there could have been a

higher-profile choice. But this is a typical post:"Very pleased with this appointment.

The new board are going up in my expectations all the time. They have

chosen a man with a wealth of experience in the lower leagues and

above. We need to get behind him and raise the roof tomorrow. Let the

good times roll. COYR."As

to Gunn versus Pardew, when you strip everything else away you need a

manager standing on the touchline who knows what they''re doing. Pardew,

whatever his faults, does. There is no evidence at all that Gunn does,

or that he ever will.

Pardew.(I frankly find it staggering that some people would prefer Gunn as manager)

[quote user="John"]Pardew.

(I frankly find it staggering that some people would prefer Gunn as manager)
[/quote]

you must remember a large amount of City fans are used to failure, it becomes a habit and in the end you except crap, there is really no argument for Gunn over any established manager but our club is unique in that the fans stand for mediocrity without even a whimper, look how relegation has been excepted, average signings, some are even looking forward to life in div 3, i rest my case.

To be honest its academic as Gunn is our manager and we should back him and stop trying to take every opportunity to have a snipe or slag him off.

I didn''t agree with him getting the job, in fact I was angry and I am still not convinced he is the right man for the job but he''s there now and the one thing he will do is give it his best shot because this is his club and this is his dream job. So far I am quietly optimistic with the way things have gone pre-season and I do feel that in Butterworth and Crook he has a decent set up behind him.

I will not be shy in showing my anger/discontent if things don''t start well but until that point can we just lay off Gunny and see what happens?

The reason I would go with Gunn over Pardew is that Pardew has taken Charlton from the Premiership to League 1. Yes i know he wasnt in charge for the whole of that time, but he spent big money and did little with it.

To be honest I didnt want Gunn, I would have preffered Ian Holloway, Jim Gannon or Paul Ince, managers who have had success in the lower leagues.

gunn

pardew is by all accounts no different to roeder,

makes derisory comments, insults fans, and lets face it, even after spending a fortune at charlton and west ham got the sack because they werent doing well once spent all the money, i really dont think pardew would be he sort of manager we need at this club

Charlton were a sinking ship curbishley new that got out at the right time, but why overlook Pardews success, reading promotion, hammers promotion and FA cup final against Gunn who was a desperate appointment, who took us down, he blew his chance bottom line. I will state my case now if City finish in the top 6 i will give £100 to help and east coast child, hope i pay out anyone want to take a reverse bet.

[quote user="gsr600"]gunn pardew is by all accounts no different to roeder, makes derisory comments, insults fans, and lets face it, even after spending a fortune at charlton and west ham got the sack because they werent doing well once spent all the money, i really dont think pardew would be he sort of manager we need at this club[/quote]

No we would''nt because HRH only wants YES men.

i for one will if norwich get promoted will be donating my winnings from my bet placed yesterday to help for heroes

there ws only one person id like to see as manager of norwich, boothroyd, for me he wouldve been the only logical choice

Personally, I think the biggest giveaway with Pardew was his desperate struggle to get an extremely talented West Ham team promoted. That second season they were just dire, although they finished sixth and somehow went up.Ok, he had a good season with West Ham in the prem 05/06, but that is a one-off. As for Reading, look at what Coppell did as soon as Pardew left.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Charlton were a sinking ship curbishley new that got out at the right time, but why overlook Pardews success, reading promotion, hammers promotion and FA cup final against Gunn who was a desperate appointment, who took us down, he blew his chance bottom line. I will state my case now if City finish in the top 6 i will give £100 to help and east coast child, hope i pay out anyone want to take a reverse bet.[/quote]Well, I''ve already got one £100 bet with you, so I''ll leave that particular wager to someone else!

[quote user="ricky knight"]SSN show Pardew had 40+ win rate at Reading and Westham, not exactly failure is it.[/quote]Neither club was particularly poor, were they? Madjeski at Reading, and Premiership money at West Ham. And even then it took him two seasons and a sixth place finish in the Championship to scrape promotion.I don''t think Gunn was a good choice, not by a long shot. But I really can''t stand Pardew''s self-publicising, smug, patronising voice/face, nor do I think his record stands up to much scrutiny.

at least he has a record, Gunn as a sheriff and host dont really stand up does it, oh i forgot Gunn had 19 games and failed miserably.

I''m not defending Gunn (although he didn''t employ himself, it''s the blind allowing the blind to lead them isn''t it?). I''m just saying Pardew is a ****.