Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

no new players in until players are sold

this has come from a source very close to an official at the club. gunn has been told there will be no players bought (not talking about free''s) until players are sold however desperate he is to sign someone. i know we all thought this anyway but like i said this has come from a source within the club and also the playing budget is awful until either clingan or russell are sold. nice to see all that money from the rebate has been put to use.

I don''t actually believe a word you''re saying, but free signings don''t come free (signing on fees) and we''ve already invested in Whaley and (I think) Tudor Jones. And I''m sure there are others in the pipeline, if not imminent.

Although I do believe Gunn and the club are waiting for Clingan to go so they can spend that cash.

so can he find out what has happened to the money many fans did not claim back to go towards transfer fees .

and foulgers money ?

its disgusting treating the fans in this manner.

wages would have to be paid if people did or did not claim .

people were promised transfer funds .

if they said any money not claimed would pay footballers wages even less would have let them keep what was rightfully the fans money .

What I cannot work out is why Clingan and Russell did not go to Scotland, meaning deals were basically in the process of being done, yet not a word its already Tuesday afternoon!

[quote user="ref89"]What I cannot work out is why Clingan and Russell did not go to Scotland, meaning deals were basically in the process of being done, yet not a word its already Tuesday afternoon!
[/quote]

welcome to willy "delia"  wonkas factory!

The rebate money was promised to go into the "playing budget". This includes not only transfer fees but also wages, agents fees etc.

This has been mentioned on here loads of times.

[quote user="singing canary"]if they said any money not claimed would pay footballers wages even less would have let them keep what was rightfully the fans money .[/quote]

Exactly right and exactly why they didn''t get my money. I genuinley feel sorry for those who gave up their rebate for what they believed was a transfer fund - not to be tossed away in Mercy Nightclub. We were led to believe that the money would be going into transfers, not wages. What about the millions saved by sending last years wasters packing? What about Marshall''s wages?

No, they''ve done exactly what 2/3rds of season tickets holders suspected they would do - they''ve trousered the rebate. Interesting to see if Mr Foulger''s money has gone into the club yet. surely it would have been covered by shares being issued to him....

The upshot is that once again the money has evaporated into the corporation and, despite a couple of small beer signings we have to sell to buy again. £650k for Clingan.....keep you eye on that amount and wonder where that went when the new CEO proclaims we are potless. Ask yourself what happened between the transfer and the povety plea to use it all up.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

[quote user="ref89"]What I cannot work out is why Clingan and Russell did not go to Scotland, meaning deals were basically in the process of being done, yet not a word its already Tuesday afternoon!
[/quote]

welcome to willy "delia"  wonkas factory!

[/quote]

Please explain how the OP''s fabrication can be linked to a children''s story? I can''t see the link.

[/quote]

Front page of this website, £650,000 clingan deal back on

[quote user="yorkcanary"]The rebate money was promised to go into the "playing budget". This includes not only transfer fees but also wages, agents fees etc. This has been mentioned on here loads of times.[/quote]

Still does not make it an acceptable state of affairs. Means our playing budget was based upon an assumption that a certain number of people would not take the rebate and the basis that we would sell our better players. That for me is unacceptable.

There''s a thread on the Carrow Road Net forum (terrace bar) that suggests someone has seen Adomah at our ground. Don''t know how much truth is in that, but could we be seeing him and Alan Lee when the Clingan/Russell money comes through?? I''d personally be happier with James Brown over Lee, as was suggested in another thread but Alan will still sign I reckon.

http://editorial.jpress.co.uk/web/Upload/BLAC//TH1_147200947adomah.JPGTo be honest,  he could walk past most people without anyone know who he is.  Who are these mysterious people who can recognise every player they see?

[quote user="ob1"]WAGES! Geez...[/quote]

Here we have it folks!

Seems the reason for our club being (circa) £22m in debt & therefore unable to provide the Manager with a spending budget for player acquisition is - WAGES!

Damn those blessed wages, they are such an irritant.

Some people question why our club pays out wages of around £14m (with half that sum going to non-playing staff) & why such budgets are set so as to over-pay the poorest squad of players employed by NCFC in over 50 years. However, that sort of questioning & commentary is most unhelpful!

my point was that you may see us sign players on free''s (with signing fee''s, wages etc) but not for a fixed amount (e.g. alan lee for £250k). he has a shortlist of players he wants but has been told he cannot do anything until funds become available from players being sold.

Surely you cannot agree terms with a club and a player and then put him through a medical only to delay the whole thing, that seems rotten!

Having said that, pretty sure there is the functionality on Football manager to delay the transfer at the nth hour so guess it must be based on something.

I blame all those people who did not let the club keep the rebate.

Look how more impressive it would be for the board  to say to Gunn you can''t have 2 million than saying you can''t have 700K

[quote user="glove1"]

my point was that you may see us sign players on free''s (with signing fee''s, wages etc) but not for a fixed amount (e.g. alan lee for £250k). he has a shortlist of players he wants but has been told he cannot do anything until funds become available from players being sold.

[/quote]Imo it shouldn''t make no odds if we are signing players on fees or frees, a budget is a budget.  If we''ve run out of cash already and waiting for a sale, fair enough but every player has extras on top regardless of price.

[quote user="Shake n Vac"]To be honest,  he could walk past most people without anyone know who he is.  Who are these mysterious people who can recognise every player they see?[/quote]Probably the sort of sad gits who spend far too long on internet message boards [:$]AND TAKE THE QUOTE OUT OF YOUR USER NAME!!!! [:@]

700k do you think norwich will spend 700k..

i dont .

if everyone gave money to the club not a chance we would have 2 million transfer fund .

that would be lost and we would still end up with free transfers .

[quote user="glove1"]this has come from a source very close to an official at the club. gunn has been told there will be no players bought (not talking about free''s) until players are sold however desperate he is to sign someone. i know we all thought this anyway but like i said this has come from a source within the club and also the playing budget is awful until either clingan or russell are sold. nice to see all that money from the rebate has been put to use.[/quote]

Stop talking like a tw@t

[quote user="ob1"]WAGES! Geez...[/quote]

Yes that''s right mate Wages. Now i suppose we''re the only bloody club to pay them are we? I''m sure the likes of Gill,Cody, Nelson and the rest are all on 20.000 grand!

Jeez.......

Why is "wages" so hard to understand? Buying even a free player costs money. And we''ve obvious filled our wage budget with those players.

If you have X per year to spend on player wages which is totally taken up with the current squad of existing players and new free players, and you''ve £700k on the purchase budget - from rebate and directorial cash injection - doesn''t it make sense that you''ve got to get rid of your two highest, **want away**, earners - Russell and Clingan, for example, on perhaps $7k each a week - to clear £14k off the wage budget, bump the purchase budget to I dunno £1.8m because of it. So that you can spend that on 4 players, £450k each, all on £3.5k a week...

OR alternatively, you could pump the purchase budget of 700k into some of the wages, and have the fans whinging you''ve spent a couple hundred thousand on one player but covered his wages (only for this year, not the next), and have them wondering where all the cash has gone from their rebate and the directorial cash injection...?

Yeah, I''ve pulled those figures out my backside for the purposes of illustration, but I hope you get my point.

Yes - you could argue that since those players are going anyway, just get the hell on with it as they are going to wiped off the wage budget at some point - and I''d agree with you... but they''d not gamble when the player might refuse to sign, the buyer pulls out, the player suddenly died in a freak gardening accident, choked on someone else''s vomit or spontaneously combusted... so they say to the manager, sell those two players, and then you can buy more.

[quote user="Ian James"]

[quote user="glove1"]this has come from a source very close to an official at the club. gunn has been told there will be no players bought (not talking about free''s) until players are sold however desperate he is to sign someone. i know we all thought this anyway but like i said this has come from a source within the club and also the playing budget is awful until either clingan or russell are sold. nice to see all that money from the rebate has been put to use.[/quote]

Stop talking like a tw@t

[/quote]

yes i am talking like a tw*t because i have put what i have heard from a very reliable source who works at the club on here??? (at no my source is not a waiter in yellows!!)  i have heard more about what has been said recently between the board and management but will not post it when people like you slate anything said.

You have to remember "Glove1", Its summer holidays and the kids are bored.

Dont worry about them, Some people are right and some wrong, but this is a message board, where most things are from someone who knows someone. So egnore the kids and if you have anything else please do tell.