Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

A decent squad coming together

It''s in the title really.

I think Gunn has brought in some good players so far. Admittedly we still need a striker or two and a right winger but I am happy that we have a squad we can call ours and not made up of other teams players.

It seems we have players that can do well in this league too and most importantly want to do well and do well for NCFC!

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

I think Gunn has brought in some good players so far. Admittedly we still need a striker or two and a right winger but I am happy that we have a squad we can call ours and not made up of other teams players.

It seems we have players that can do well in this league too and most importantly want to do well and do well for NCFC!

[/quote]

. . . . .and they are all ours, not somebodyelse''s unwanted but our very own and if they fail it won''t be because they don''t care !

Like the Theo signing get the impression he''s a vocal character in genral,so i''m of the presumption he''ll be a bit more commanding(vocal) of his penalty area than Marshall ever was,[Y]

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="Rusty Steele"]

[/quote]

. . . . .and they are all ours, not somebodyelse''s unwanted but our very own and if they fail it won''t be because they don''t care !

[/quote]I honestly think this argument is a load of sloblock.Permanent signings are typically no more loyal than any other signing.  The moment a player starts playing well for us, Championship and Premiership teams are going to come sniffing around, the player will be "flattered by their interest", a deal will be cut and we''ll say bye bye.The only real advantage of permanent signings is we''ll make money when the better players are sold.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="Rusty Steele"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I honestly think this argument is a load of sloblock.

Permanent signings are typically no more loyal than any other signing.  The moment a player starts playing well for us, Championship and Premiership teams are going to come sniffing around, the player will be "flattered by their interest", a deal will be cut and we''ll say bye bye.

The only real advantage of permanent signings is we''ll make money when the better players are sold.

[/quote]

Very succinct.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="Rusty Steele"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I honestly think this argument is a load of sloblock.

Permanent signings are typically no more loyal than any other signing.  The moment a player starts playing well for us, Championship and Premiership teams are going to come sniffing around, the player will be "flattered by their interest", a deal will be cut and we''ll say bye bye.

The only real advantage of permanent signings is we''ll make money when the better players are sold.

[/quote]

Youre right Mr C - and thats the one way I think we''ll get out of this shit.  Norwich traditionally got young players in, made them good and sold them for a lot of money.  If we can do the same again then

1) It''ll solve the clubs money probs and

2) We''ll do well in the league as players will be playing well

Gunnys is doing ok when you think about what league we are now in and with what money he has that the board hasn''t squander elsewhere, but only time will tell.

Its my opinion that far too much "off the pitch" spending, too many loaners and a board that forgot it was running a FOOTBALL club got us where we are today.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

[/quote]

And I bet you hadnt heard of a single one of them prior to their signing? Oh dear.