Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

having to rely on cureton :( !

I have a feeling Cureton may be ok at this level, he has a lot to prove.....I can see him being a good squad player to come off the bench. Problem is, any player who can knock in 20+ goals is going to be linked to Championship clubs, we probably have to go for grass roots players like McDonald. In no way am I trying to dampen any thoughts of good proven strikers, its just until we have an income from Clingan and Russell we can''t compete for signitures!

i dont know where martin is going to dig these 20 goals out, he must have been saving himself with the 11 goals in 40 games he got in league one last year. I would say with the strikers we have at the present time martin will get 10, cody 7, cureton 8, and 5 from a combination of the other strikers. The rest will have to come from new signings (in which case my predictions for the others will go down) and midfield and defence.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Bridges will chip in with 25 , Troy Powell 20 , the Serb another 25 , stop worrying Gunn knows what hes doing .
[/quote]

Its good to see you being so positive [:D] [;)]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Bridges will chip in with 25 , Troy Powell 20 , the Serb another 25 , stop worrying Gunn knows what hes doing .[/quote]

Yes, because you know Powell and Maric are bad players, tenner says you''d never heard of them til they came here on trial.

a 20 goal a season is not so important. what is important is that we have goals from players all over the pitch. if the midfield can link properly and score lots of goals it is generally a sign of a team playing well. we need a central midfielder that gets into double figures and the wide men to contribute. defenders who also score from set pieces will also be invaluable.if the strikers(asuming we play two) can get around 15 then that will do me.although a club like city in div 1 should get hatfulls of goals.so everybody must contribute with goals.

[quote user="mastoola"]a 20 goal a season is not so important. what is important is that we have goals from players all over the pitch. if the midfield can link properly and score lots of goals it is generally a sign of a team playing well. we need a central midfielder that gets into double figures and the wide men to contribute. defenders who also score from set pieces will also be invaluable.if the strikers(asuming we play two) can get around 15 then that will do me.although a club like city in div 1 should get hatfulls of goals.so everybody must contribute with goals.[/quote]If you look back over the last 20 years, ncfc history backs up your case, whenever we''ve had a 20 goal a season striker we''ve done poorly, yet whenever we''ve done well it''s been with goals from all over the park

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Bridges will chip in with 25 , Troy Powell 20 , the Serb another 25 , stop worrying Gunn knows what hes doing .[/quote]

Yes, because you know Powell and Maric are bad players, tenner says you''d never heard of them til they came here on trial.[/quote] No i hadnt heard of them but if they were any good they wouldnt be trialling at League 1 clubs would they ? Powell had a trial at Rochdale , obviously he didnt impress those giants of football very much .

Lionel Messi was turned down by clubs before Barca took a punt on him.... bet you''d take him with both hands now.

[quote user="Lambo"]Lionel Messi was turned down by clubs before Barca took a punt on him.... bet you''d take him with both hands now.[/quote]Don''t want him hereHe has no right foot and he''s lightweight

[quote user="Lambo"]Lionel Messi was turned down by clubs before Barca took a punt on him.... bet you''d take him with both hands now.[/quote]Certainly not, we need a big strong tall target man to get the best out of Jamie Lad.  Messi''s a one footed midget and we''ve already got Hoolahan for that.