Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Gill and Iwan Tuder Jones

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]

Are these 2 our strongest midfield pair?

If clingan and Russell leave will these 2 be strong enough and stay fit long enough to drive our midfield out of this league?

[/quote]

I think we are looking for at least one more solid midfield player based on the fact we have made an offer to Stephen Hughes.

I also think Tom Adeyemi will be a force this year in the middle.

4 is probably enough with Simon Lappin and Spillane able to fill in if we are hit really badly.

I hope we sign another CM, not because we''re short of quantity, just short of quality.Then I hope Adeyemi will do well so Gill and Tudor Pole are back ups.

The more i look at our squad and i know it''s a while till the season starts yet,but am really worried.Names of good players keep coming up but they seem to be just rumours.The ones actually coming to the club thro trial are not players u can really trust to push us on to be title contenders.. I hope i am wrong and we do start signing some more quality player''s, but everything looks such a gamble at the minute?

Assuming Clingan, Russell and Pattison go we''re left with Gill, Tudor-Jones, Adeyemi, and Smith as well as Lappin and Spillane, plenty of depth, a lot depends on how Adeyemi and Smith push on this season

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Assuming Clingan, Russell and Pattison go we''re left with Gill, Tudor-Jones, Adeyemi, and Smith as well as Lappin and Spillane, plenty of depth, a lot depends on how Adeyemi and Smith push on this season[/quote]

i just hope theres some quality amongst that lot.. is the a box to box player, is the a anchor man, or are they all average midfielders with out a real position but will do a job??? the more i think about it the less optimistic i am...

I think Sammy and Rusty are going but there isn''t any indication Pattison will any time soon, or he wouldn''t have played at Dartford. Personally, I think a good team spirit is going to count more than individual stars next year.

[quote user="John"]Owain Tudur-Jones
[/quote]

may well be my issue but seriously the weird and quite frankly bizarre spelling on here at times drives me a little mental. Iwan? that''s a different name entirely, isn''t even pronounced the same!

who can (and wants to) tell me about this Adyemi chap?? I know he''s come through the ranks but is he big, tall, small? Is he hard as nails or soft as sheeeeeeeeeeeite? is he a kick and chase sort or is he skillful and nice to watch. does he score goals or does he sit back?? any inf would be appreciated

cheers

Cambs

[quote user="bristol_canary"]what about fatty matty patty?[/quote]On his way out from what I''ve heard.

Whatever happened to waiting to see if a player is quality before we judge them?

[quote user="cambscanary"]

who can (and wants to) tell me about this Adyemi chap?? I know he''s come through the ranks but is he big, tall, small? Is he hard as nails or soft as sheeeeeeeeeeeite? is he a kick and chase sort or is he skillful and nice to watch. does he score goals or does he sit back?? any inf would be appreciated

cheers

Cambs

[/quote]

I''ve not seen him play that much but from what i have seen he is a tall, rangy kind of midfielder a bit in the Viera type of mould. Good touch and control. Last pre-season looked a bit lightweight but i think he''s one of these kids that has a bit of a growth spurt and then takes a bit of time to fill out into his frame. Gunn said yesterday he''s filled out over the summer so hopefully that will help. The other good thing about him is he''s quite an intelligent chap and not one of these brash footballer types at all so hopefully may show some loyalty if he makes it.

For me the best thing about the current academy crop coming through is that as well as being decent players they have some physical presence as well. For too long we have produced small and skillful midgets from our academy. The likes of Dumic and Stephens are proper units.

[quote user="olej"]Lets just hope some of the trialist that played over the weekend dont sign, I dont think Chris Goreham could manage them, let alone the canary callers. my favourites are Klingon and Sibinerski[/quote]

I heard someone in the Barclay shout something like "you''re sh*te Fotherington" which I thought was quite funny.

Also the classic Norfolk accent of pronouncing Cureton as "Curtain" is a good one. One guy near me used to shout "use your height Curtain" thinking he was really funny. 

We will have too much for CM if Clingan and Rusty don''t leve, as Lappin, Spillan and Paty if he stays can all play there, and Gill and Tuder-Jones are probably good enough anyway.

[quote user="eagle"]

[quote user="olej"]Lets just hope some of the trialist that played over the weekend dont sign, I dont think Chris Goreham could manage them, let alone the canary callers. my favourites are Klingon and Sibinerski[/quote]

I heard someone in the Barclay shout something like "you''re sh*te Fotherington" which I thought was quite funny.

Also the classic Norfolk accent of pronouncing Cureton as "Curtain" is a good one. One guy near me used to shout "use your height Curtain" thinking he was really funny. 

[/quote]

I know someone who pronounces our former star winger as "Huckleby" !!!