Sign in to follow this  
dpit

overseas club teams you support/have adopted in countries you have lived in/have connections with

Barcalona, sort of. I went on holiday there when I was a young''un and visited the Nou Camp and bought a shirt with Stoichkov (SP?) on the back. You know, that famous fella from Bulgaria.

Since being mates with a diehard Morton fan, I''ve always looked out for their results...As for continental teams, Fiorentina and St.Etienne have always held a special place in my heart....

Club Athletic Bizertin CAB BizerteBizerte, TunisiaWife is from Bizerte and the father in law played a few games for them and scored "Plenty Goals" apparently.http://www.kawarji.com/upl/blz/cab.gifFans nuttier than Squirrel pooLike Norwich medium city out on a limb used to be good no money and no chance though thankfully in Tunisia you can still beat the big teams on the day.Flirted with relegation season before this but a couple of bribed refs saved the day in exchange for loosing the cup final to Esperance.

Le Mans, just got back from a track event there over the weekend and was mightily impressed with their new stadium which is under construction on the infield of the world’s greatest motor racing circuit.

Somehow the idea of The Yellas moving down to Snetterton doesn’t have the same kind of allure mind you

I’m back to Le Mans in about ten days time for the 24 Hour and hope to have a better look round the stadium site, with all the massive infrastructure that exists for the racing it is a fantastic idea.

[quote user="K Lo"]Bayer Leverkusen, Germany.

My last gf followed them and I got to like the team too. Only a relatively small following but often do quite well. Have stuck one over on Bayern Munich; Germany''s Man U a few times (knocked them out of this year''s FA Cup in Germany.)
[/quote]

Glorified works team nicknamed FC Aspirin by other clubs fans , for me

Sparta Rotterdam - saw them beat PSV 1 -0 - cracking atmosphere

Fortuna Dusseldorf - my 21st was spent watching them beat Karlsruhe 5 -2 - shame they have been rubbish since , but on teh way back with promotion this year 

FC Brussels - Used to be Molenbeek , but merged with somebody else

Torino - the most popular club in Turin

Used to visit Southern Italy regularly in the 1990''s and a group of us went to watch Bari. Slightly nervous as we made our way onto the Curva Nord dressed in different English club football shirts, we were made really welcome by their fans. Last game I saw there was a 1-0 win over AC Milan in about 1999, I believe thay went down that year. However they have returned this year after winning Serie B.

Forza Bari!!!

The mighty Sliema Wanderers of Malta. Being half Maltese it was simple.

Also Aberdeen (family) and Juventus.

I was thinking the other day if NCFC drifted into oblivion, who would i follow? Obviously the 3 above but i would want to watch  Arsenal.I just love the way they play!

Wenger has been one of the best things to happen to English football.

Germany: 1860 Munich - I lived in Munich for 4 years and I always tend to go for the underdog.  When I was there 1860 were in the top division and there was quite good rivalry between them and Bayern.Italy: Inter Milan - I went to the San Siro on that great day and have had a soft spot ever since - I''ve still got a load of Inter stuff (scarves etc) that I swaped with Inter fans after the game.Spain: Valencia - My mum and dad retired there a few years ago.USA: SJE - no explanation requiredI''ve also got a real soft spot for Bristol Rovers as I''ve lived here for the last 20 years.