Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Are we going to enter the johnstones paint trophy?

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]By my calculations Norwich are the 23rd southernest club in league on and two next year so they should place us in the southern half of the draw[/quote]

Who knows what the Paint Pot chaps will do?  Walsall were in the Southern Section last year.[+o(]

Here''s a rather busy map of all the JPT entrants... I make us the 24th most southern.[img]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6956/jpt.jpg[/img]

I''m not sure why many people seem to think we''ll be a shoe in to go far. It will be largely a reserve team competing in it, it''s not a competition the majority of League 1 clubs take seriously

Go Northern Draw - I have burger all matches up here next season [:(]It''s one of the lesser lemented (except by me) drawbacks to relegation.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

I can see it now....

Losing in the first round, at home to Burton Albion. [:$]

[/quote]

Which reminds me one of Fry''s after dinner jokes.

"I once lost a FA Cup game against a team three divisions below and all of them ******* part timers (pardon my language, gal). 

"Anyway the next day the reporter from the local rag rang me up and said ''Bazza, bet you kept them in the dressing room for an hour afterwards''

"Are you joking" I said.  "With the attention span of that lot you''d have no ******* chance beyond three minutes."[:D]

[/quote]

Superb... Love it. [:D]

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I''m not sure why many people seem to think we''ll be a shoe in to go far. It will be largely a reserve team competing in it, it''s not a competition the majority of League 1 clubs take seriously[/quote]

Don''t know where people are getting this idea from as under the rules of the competition teams have to field a majority of the 11 players that have appeared most often in first team games up to the game being played.

[quote user="RustysRevenge"][quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I''m not sure why many people seem to think we''ll be a shoe in to go far. It will be largely a reserve team competing in it, it''s not a competition the majority of League 1 clubs take seriously
[/quote] Don''t know where people are getting this idea from as under the rules of the competition teams have to field a majority of the 11 players that have appeared most often in first team games up to the game being played.[/quote]

Their requirement for what they mean by a full strength side are put out before the start of the season.  Colchester certainly did not field a full strength team in either the Carling or the Johnstone''s last season - several first team players but made up also of the first team subs actually starting etc.  I think the strength bit is really to stop too many Academy lads being drafted in.  That said, many of the League Two sides do field their first team squad or pretty much.