Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

This board is funny!!

[quote user="No Quarter"]Like the current anti Gunn one.  I have not read one reasonable post about why he should not get the job.  Just a load of abuse, and the old classic "he''s not a manager", without anything to back it up.[/quote]

Just wondering if you intended to even acknowledge mine and thebigfeller''s posts on this subject...

I believe this whole “Bryan Gunn – Manager?” debate is missing the point. I have no reason to doubt or question his ability to “manage”. We don’t know how god he is as he’s never had to do it before. What I do question with, I feel, valid factual arguments, is his credibility as a coach, tactician or reader of the game. Before anyone tells me he has Crook and Butterworth for that side I will ask how getting moved on from Cardiff to Hartlepool Reserves or coaching kids in Japan and Australia qualifies anyone to coach in Division 3 in this country?

There have been inexperienced successes at Norwich before. Notably Stringer, Walker and, to a lesser extent Worthington. But all had previous experience of coaching and were students of the game. They had their coaching badges too, which BG hasn’t achieved and never showed any real desire to achieve in all the years since he retired.

So, it’s not “get at dear old Gunny” it’s more a reality check about what he is bringing to the party. The answer, stripping away all this legend nonsense, is very little.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="CT "]Do you HONESTLY think Gunn is the right manager for us- at this present moment in time?

I expect you to respond : ''yes, he was a good goalkeepr and knows the club well''
[/quote]

Sure do, and here''s why:-

1) He knows how much money he has available- a new manager would as well...

2) He is keen on utilising the Youth System- the only reason he used it last season was because the first teamers were so poor

3) He stated at the fans forum that "you can''t run a football club with loan players in the team" I could have told you that!

4) He clearly has a good eye on young, inexpensive talent (Cody McDonald for starters) Thats actually a good point - but with little/no money hes not going to go and buy ronaldo is he?

5) He forced the players to go and face the fans after they let the whole club down at Charlton. Well done him- i''m sure anybody else would have done as well

6) Remeber some of the performances while he was in charge (Birmingham and Wolves away for example)  Yes and I also remember- Scum away, coventry at home and charlton away

7) He got Fotheringham out of the club - his contract was up anyway- i couldnt have seen him staying anyway. Was never ever likely to be offered a new contract. I doubt a new manager would have offered him one.

Plus a load more reasons I can''t be arsed to type GOOD!

[/quote]

Heres another 1 for you- what about the players that he has ''forced'' out of the first team. Matty Pattison for 1....

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="No Quarter"][:D][:D][:D]  Keep em coming, I said I need a laugh, and I''m only tittering at the moment[/quote]

YOU ARE A MASSIVE C##T WHO FANCIES HIS MUM.

[/quote]

NO, I''M QUITE A SHORT C##T WHO FANCIES YOUR MUM [:P]

[/quote]

YOU FANCY A CORPSE? SICK C##T.

[/quote]

Give me strength.......

[/quote]

Sorry....but this is bloody hilarious........ [:D]

If we hadn''t beat Barnsley 4-0 he wouldn''t have got anywhere near job, that result was the worst thing that could have happened -if we had got beat they would have had to have brought someone else in. I wish we''d got beat 4-0 that day now for what we have achieved since.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]If we hadn''t beat Barnsley 4-0 he wouldn''t have got anywhere near job, that result was the worst thing that could have happened -if we had got beat they would have had to have brought someone else in. I wish we''d got beat 4-0 that day now for what we have achieved since.[/quote]

Mmmmm....I think I know what you mean.  [8-)]

Look at his record in the 19 games in charge so far.... that will give you more than enough reasons for laughing.

It is of course no laughing matter though.

Worse than Hamilton, Grant and Roeder he simply has to go.

PS - Count yourself in with the majority of numptys who want him to stay and applauded failure on Monday.... [:$]

smudge you love the word numptys don''t you! someone has a different opinion than you and you call them numptys etc... are opinions allowed? nahh... Does he actually have a worse record than grant hamilton etc? what''s that based on? (FACT Chirp you bloody board loving Numpty!)back to the original poster, how many people protested on monday? was there many from this board there? or was it a no show?It''s easy to believe by reading this messageboard that most people dislike the idea of gunn as manager... but then again you lot are pitchfork hungry and love a good moan aka... very opinionated. 

honestly that''s interesting reading, thanks for showing me.One thing i will say though, is that there are other factors to all of that... i.e the position the club was in with loanee''s and money to spend etc was far far worse than any of the other managers. On face value that table of managers is reallly strong evidence as to why gunny shouldn''t get the job... however like i just mentioned, there are other factors which need to be put into all that. 

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes but I covered those factors in my earlier post in this thread which STILL nobody has responded to.[/quote]Of course not, because its well thought out, well reasoned and doesnt resort to personal abuse.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes but I covered those factors in my earlier post in this thread which STILL nobody has responded to.[/quote]

Some people have jobs to go to.  I was about to respond to the other posts, but really can''t be bothered.  I''ve written a million times why I think Gunn should be kept on, and I''ve read a million times why he shouldnt.  I not going to agree with you, you''re not going to agree with me.  I''m tired of having to sink down to the personal abuse level that saturates this message board.  I''m sick of people telling me to slit my own throat, and calling me a c**t just because I have a differing opinion to them about WHO THE MANAGER OF NCFC SHOULD BE - FFS.  This board has brought the worst out in me lately, in that I''ve resorted to the pathetic name calling thats goes on, and to that end I''m not going to bother anymore.  I like a decent chat about footie, thats all, I can can do that tonight with my "real life" mates down the pub.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes but I covered those factors in my earlier post in this thread which STILL nobody has responded to.[/quote]

Some people have jobs to go to.  I was about to respond to the other posts, but really can''t be bothered.  I''ve written a million times why I think Gunn should be kept on, and I''ve read a million times why he shouldnt.  I not going to agree with you, you''re not going to agree with me.  I''m tired of having to sink down to the personal abuse level that saturates this message board.  I''m sick of people telling me to slit my own throat, and calling me a c**t just because I have a differing opinion to them about WHO THE MANAGER OF NCFC SHOULD BE - FFS.  This board has brought the worst out in me lately, in that I''ve resorted to the pathetic name calling thats goes on, and to that end I''m not going to bother anymore.  I like a decent chat about footie, thats all, I can can do that tonight with my "real life" mates down the pub.

[/quote]

It was the manner you put your point across that was the problem. You celebrated his appointment by boasting and bragging to people who passionatly believe it to be a chatastophic mistake. Gunn would be yet another massive step backwards for this football club. Do you honestly think he is going to win enough games next season to give us a realistic chance of promotion? I mean HONESTLY? I personally think he will struggle to keep us in Lauge One with his pat on the back approach. Good luck down the pub with your real life mates, I would wear a tin hat if I were you.

I suspect that I will be told that it accurately describes me - but what is a numpty?

[quote user="CT "]Do you HONESTLY think Gunn is the right manager for us- at this present moment in time?

I expect you to respond : ''yes, he was a good goalkeepr and knows the club well''
[/quote]

Sure do, and here''s why:-

1) He knows how much money he has available-SO WOULD THE NEXT/NEW MANAGER

2) He is keen on utilising the Youth System-SO WOULD THE NEXT/NEW MANAGER IF NO MONEY IS AVALIBLE

3) He stated at the fans forum that "you can''t run a football club with loan players in the team"-OBVIOUS AS HELL..RELEGATION HAS TOLD US THIS

4) He clearly has a good eye on young, inexpensive talent (Cody McDonald for starters)-1 PLAYER & CANT REALLY JUDGE A PLAYER ON GOOD RUNS ALONE GOALS SPEAK FOR THEMSELF...IF HE SCORES 15-20 NEXT SEASON THEN YES ....GOOD YOUNG INEXPEXSIVE PLAYER.

5) He forced the players to go and face the fans after they let the whole club down at Charlton.-SO DID PHIL BROWN AND IT COULD COST HULL RELEGATION

6) Remeber some of the performances while he was in charge (Birmingham and Wolves away for example)-REMEMBER THE OTHERS   SHEFF WED-CHARLTON

7) He got Fotheringham out of the club-HE WAS CRAP ANYONE COULD SEE THAT

Plus a load more reasons I can''t be arsed to type- HE IS TATICLY INEPT...A LEGEND YES AND MANAGER NO!!!

[/quote]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes but I covered those factors in my earlier post in this thread which STILL nobody has responded to.[/quote]Of course not, because its well thought out, well reasoned and doesnt resort to personal abuse.[/quote]Touché!

[quote user="The Scottish Sponger"][quote user="No Quarter"]

Everybody going mental about Gunny getting the job.  Its hilarious!!  I saw this board "come to life" outside the City stand on the day of the open day.  It was so bad it was funny.  People thought a few people were hanging about waiting for an autograph!!  That summed this message board up to me.  I used to come on here because I thought people actually knew what they were talking about, however, the majority (a select few posters aside) talk absolute rhubard, and jump on any bandwagon going.  Like the current anti Gunn one.  I have not read one reasonable post about why he should not get the job.  Just a load of abuse, and the old classic "he''s not a manager", without anything to back it up.  Dont get me wrong the Ipswich and Charlton defeats were simply shocking, however I hold the players 100% responsible for that display, not the manager.

Keep em coming, I need a laugh!!

[/quote] You are a fucking laugh , you typify the gutless wonders that support City now .
[/quote]

yeah you gutless wonder didn`t you know you can`t just go and support the team anymore ? you have to be some kind of che guevera  type freedom fighter with an agenda.. so stay away from carrow road you spineless happy clappy fool   [:D]