Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Happy Birthday Smudger.

Happy birthday for today Smudger and here is your present from NCISA for you to digest over your birthday cake.

Sorry if a few people cannot see why i have started a new thread for this but i feel it is important that this is not lost in a thread that is now approaching twenty pages.

It concerns the infamous NCISA questionaire that Smudger has a craving for and the following bullet point questions  and responses are the ones that he has multi posted about.

How do you rate the performance of The Chief Executive?

Very Satisfied   5.4%

Satisfied  45.9%

Not Satisfied  32.4%

Very dissatisfied  16.3%

Would you support a St Andrews Hall style meeting?

Yes  74.3%

No  25.7%

If so when?

Now 33.8%

Later in the season  14.9%

At the end of the season  21.6%

Not at all  22.9%

Enjoy your day Smudge.I am sure that this post will provoke plenty of responses and i will observe from behind my laptop with great interest.

John,Out of interest, what percentage of the membership actually answered? Cos I''m really troubled by the first set of percentages you illustrate there!

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]As the majority want a meeting now, when and where are we having it?[/quote]

Nearly 67% dont want a meeting now,  how is that a minority?   The most popular selection was to have one now,  but twice as many felt that now was not the right time.

Interesting results.  Maybe not what anyone expected but it is a barometer of true public feeling

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]As the majority want a meeting now, when and where are we having it?[/quote]

Nearly 67% dont want a meeting now,  how is that a minority?   The most popular selection was to have one now,  but twice as many felt that now was not the right time.

Interesting results.  Maybe not what anyone expected but it is a barometer of true public feeling

[/quote]

Sorry I didn''t expand what I was going to say enough ! [:$]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Sorry I didn''t expand what I was going to say enough ! [:$]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yes  74.3%

No  25.7%

If so when?

Now 33.8%

Not at all  22.9%

[/quote]This doesn''t add up. Why is there an option to say ''not at'' all'', when the question is only being directed to those who have expressed an agreement to have a meeting - as highlighted by the term ''If so when?''.

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yes  74.3%

No  25.7%

If so when?

Now 33.8%

Not at all  22.9%

[/quote]This doesn''t add up. Why is there an option to say ''not at'' all'', when the question is only being directed to those who have expressed an agreement to have a meeting - as highlighted by the term ''If so when?''.[/quote]That''s a really good point and should be reflected in the stats, i.e. if you said "No" to the St Andrews meeting, you don''t get an answer on the second question.  That would bump all the figures up by a share of that 23%, assuming people didn''t say "Yes" and then "Not At All"... but then as your signature says...

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]John,

Out of interest, what percentage of the membership actually answered?

Cos I''m really troubled by the first set of percentages you illustrate there!
[/quote]

Andy,about 25% of those questionaires sent out by e-mail and post were returned.What can you make of the 75% that were not?Do we assume that they are satisfied with the big picture at NCFC?

If you were troubled by the 50% that appeared satisfied with The Chief Executive''s performance believe me i am bambozzled myself.

As you know you can make what you will of statistics but it would appear that NCISA does not have a clear mandate from its membership to commence protests right now.It is a bit like politics where people who do not vote stand in the pub and moan about the Government.In this case NCISA will get moaned at but if you are not a member or dont participate in a questionaire it is then silly to have a go at whatever we decide to do.

I appreciate that some people may not like the current make up of the Committee but hey it can be changed at an AGM.

How many people were surveyed?

How were they selected for survey?

Figures unfortunately  can be manipulated so can you clarify please Til?

2 people were surveyed,

1 liked yellow, 1 liked blue ,

(theres your headline)

THE NATION IS DIVIDED!!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]John,Out of interest, what percentage of the membership actually answered? Cos I''m really troubled by the first set of percentages you illustrate there![/quote]

Andy,about 25% of those questionaires sent out by e-mail and post were returned.What can you make of the 75% that were not?Do we assume that they are satisfied with the big picture at NCFC?

If you were troubled by the 50% that appeared satisfied with The Chief Executive''s performance believe me i am bambozzled myself.

As you know you can make what you will of statistics but it would appear that NCISA does not have a clear mandate from its membership to commence protests right now.It is a bit like politics where people who do not vote stand in the pub and moan about the Government.In this case NCISA will get moaned at but if you are not a member or dont participate in a questionaire it is then silly to have a go at whatever we decide to do.

I appreciate that some people may not like the current make up of the Committee but hey it can be changed at an AGM.

[/quote]That was the thing that struck me… and this is always the problem, many people moan but not many get of their ''arris and do anything. Now, if you can''t even be arsed to respond to a questionnaire, then I would suggest you give up your right to moan about it!Its a shame that there aren''t more members then isn''t it? (And yes, I do realise the irony that I only joined on Thursday night!)Would you follow where I am coming from if I said that the turnout on Thursday wouldn''t (if I were in the board''s shoes) really have them overly worried about being overthrown? I know you did your level best to keep it orderly but it didn''t take an awful lot of effort did it? There wasn''t a huge amount of aggression in the air, there wasn''t an air of a threat of them being man-handled, for want of a better description.The make-up of the ''members'' is beyond your control, I know that, but if it remains that way, at the worst the NCISA will only serve to be an annoyance to the board. If some of the young buggers on here joined up, and gave it a more representative feel, then maybe it would gain a momentum of its own. The difficult part is keeping the aggression down to ''perceived'' rather than actual… but I guess you know that anyway.

I have to say I think 25% return par for the course and enough for NCISA to take as the view from their members,  as odd as anyone else may see it.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I have to say I think 25% return par for the course and enough for NCISA to take as the view from their members,  as odd as anyone else may see it.[/quote]Or maybe its an indication of the total indifference of the majority of fans? [:|]

NCISA has about 400 members - so about 100 people responded.

That''s a very low ''turn out'' and surely makes it tricky to extrapolate any kind of statistics for what the majority/minority of fans think. (It might be down to apathy or incorrect contact details, or emails not getting through due to spam filters...who knows?)

Personally I''d say it also demonstrates how ineffective NCISA has become as a voice for fans if these are the kind of numbers we''re talking about out of a potential 30-40,000 people (STs, members and just casual fans).

Nothing will happen. Maybe at best people will start getting annoyed at the end of next year when we fail to get out of league one.

The terrible 2 were grilled the other night but it could have been worse. The one thing that sticks in my mind is that whenever they were challenged, people near me kept moaning about the questions.

Too many are deluded enough to think this board have done a good job. No other fans would just sit back and watch the decline like we are. Sad times.

[quote user="jetstream"]NCISA has about 400 members - so about 100 people responded. That''s a very low ''turn out'' and surely makes it tricky to extrapolate any kind of statistics for what the majority/minority of fans think. (It might be down to apathy or incorrect contact details, or emails not getting through due to spam filters...who knows?) Personally I''d say it also demonstrates how ineffective NCISA has become as a voice for fans if these are the kind of numbers we''re talking about out of a potential 30-40,000 people (STs, members and just casual fans).[/quote]

It could be that some people didn''t get the questionnaires because they may have moved house since they joined NCISA years ago or maybe some of the email addys were out of date.

Also are the 400 members all paid up members?

Yep, that''s why I said it might be down to "incorrect contact details, or emails not getting through due to spam filters"

The 400 members figure came from Mr Tilson or Face on another thread when the questionnaire was being discussed so I assumed that was how many were being sent out.

Whatever, it''s still a tiny percentage of the overall fanbase.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="jetstream"]NCISA has about 400 members - so about 100 people responded. That''s a very low ''turn out'' and surely makes it tricky to extrapolate any kind of statistics for what the majority/minority of fans think. (It might be down to apathy or incorrect contact details, or emails not getting through due to spam filters...who knows?) Personally I''d say it also demonstrates how ineffective NCISA has become as a voice for fans if these are the kind of numbers we''re talking about out of a potential 30-40,000 people (STs, members and just casual fans).[/quote]

It could be that some people didn''t get the questionnaires because they may have moved house since they joined NCISA years ago or maybe some of the email addys were out of date.

[/quote]

This is old ground CA.The 400 are currently paid up.Why on earth do people think that we would include lapsed members as currently active and fully paid up.

If you also recall the other night i made an announcement that there was a clipboard being passed around during the meeting so that members could ensure we have current up to date e-mail addresses etc.

As for your comments Jetstream whilst appreciating that your other half is not a fully paid up member of the John Tilson fan club she is after all a NCISA member but was not in attendance the other night.Still having read her posts on here and other websites and listening to input at SCG meetings i suspect that your household will still be receiving christmas cards from the Chairman and Chief Executive.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

This is old ground CA.The 400 are currently paid up.

[/quote]

Thanks, so do we know roughly how many of the 400 questionnaires were returned ''''gone away'''' by post or email''s were returned by the postmaster saying ''''no longer a valid email addy.

That would give us a picture of how roughly how many people actually received them and didn''t bother to fill them in.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

This is old ground CA.The 400 are currently paid up.

[/quote]

Thanks, so do we know roughly how many of the 400 questionnaires were returned ''''gone away'''' by post or email''s were returned by the postmaster saying ''''no longer a valid email addy.

That would give us a picture of how roughly how many people actually received them and didn''t bother to fill them in.

[/quote]

Obviously buying you a Smirnoff Ice last thursday did me no good whatsoever as everyone time i answer a question you come back with yet another CA.The moment has been lost.I really cannot believe you want to know how many of the 400 sent out actually reached their destination.I have absolutely no idea and it never flagged up on my radar as i had faith in the internet and The Royal Mail.

Would you like me to put an appeal for info on this messageboard,WOTB,the official club site,Radio Norfolk,Radio Norwich,Future Radio,Radio Broadland,Look East,Anglia News,The EDP,The EEN,The Pink Un,NCISA website................ if i have missed anyone can you let me know babe?

No need to be sarky Mr Tilly [:D] My thinking was that if maybe you''ve only got about 300 members with current addresses and emails then 100 returned doesn''t look quite so bad.

The drink was appreciated [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

No need to be sarky Mr Tilly [:D] My thinking was that if maybe you''ve only got about 300 members with current addresses and emails then 100 returned doesn''t look quite so bad.

The drink was appreciated [:)]

[/quote]

In line with your thinking Andy Cullen told me that when the Club send out e-shots to their 8,000 e-mail addresses on their database between 18% and 22% are actually opened.I therefore think that we were in line with that by the numbers returned.

As for the drink please don''t think it will happen at every forum.

[quote user="astrodyne"]Any thoughts on my earlier remarks about the validity of your data Mr Tilson?
[/quote]

I agree that with hindsight that particular section may have been worded differently.As i said earlier to Andy Larkin statistics can in fact be misleading depending on how they are viewed.Please remember that it was done with the best intentions and nobody who helped cobble the questionaire together are professionals in this field and companies who engage in such activities pay thousands to outside agencies.

The exercise more than anything was to gauge our members thoughts before deciding whether to take action if any.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

As for the drink please don''t think it will happen at every forum.

[/quote]

I''ll buy you a pint at the next forum [:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

This is old ground CA.The 400 are currently paid up.Why on earth do people think that we would include lapsed members as currently active and fully paid up.

If you also recall the other night i made an announcement that there was a clipboard being passed around during the meeting so that members could ensure we have current up to date e-mail addresses etc.

As for your comments Jetstream whilst appreciating that your other half is not a fully paid up member of the John Tilson fan club she is after all a NCISA member but was not in attendance the other night.Still having read her posts on here and other websites and listening to input at SCG meetings i suspect that your household will still be receiving christmas cards from the Chairman and Chief Executive.

[/quote]John, I''m sorry you missed me on Thursday. Unfortunately (although perhaps not for me) I had a work event to attend which had far more call on my presence - not all of life revolves around this football club you know! I''m not sure when my membership of NCISA lapses - it may already have done - but rest assured it won''t be being renewed.You can read my input however you like (and you will) but there is a huge difference between stamping your feet til you''re red in the face and dealing with issues in a formulated, pragmatic and understanding manner, dealing with reality. I choose the latter course of action because it makes sense to me and I know exactly what I achieve by that.As for the christmas cards, I can only assume that they have always gone the way of many of the NCISA questionnaires. I''ll blame the Royal Mail and try not to lose any sleep over it.I would say that I''ll look forward to one of your witty retorts but as I only visit this forum occassionally I imagine it will be a lot of page clicks back when I next log on, but then as you usually say to others "you do like to get the last word".

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]John, I''m sorry you missed me on Thursday. Unfortunately (although perhaps not for me) I had a work event to attend which had far more call on my presence - not all of life revolves around this football club you know! I''m not sure when my membership of NCISA lapses - it may already have done - but rest assured it won''t be being renewed.You can read my input however you like (and you will) but there is a huge difference between stamping your feet til you''re red in the face and dealing with issues in a formulated, pragmatic and understanding manner, dealing with reality. I choose the latter course of action because it makes sense to me and I know exactly what I achieve by that.As for the christmas cards, I can only assume that they have always gone the way of many of the NCISA questionnaires. I''ll blame the Royal Mail and try not to lose any sleep over it.I would say that I''ll look forward to one of your witty retorts but as I only visit this forum occassionally I imagine it will be a lot of page clicks back when I next log on, but then as you usually say to others "you do like to get the last word".

[/quote]That reads as though it should have been sent via a PM to me.  But hell could fun following this as there''s a big juicy worm on the end with a sign saying "you do like to get the last word" on it.