Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Fotheringham

If he is still in the side on Tuseday at QPR their will be something very wrong!

Was very poor today and should never be captain!

Pattison was seen again stomping out of the ground heading towards the car park just after 2pm. Yes the guys no wonder player and he was Roeders favourite but the guy should be involved especially when you see totally inept displays that we saw from Fotheringham today!

Apart from Fotheringham - Otsemobor struggled again, and Cureton and Cort just haven''t got the legs to do any good and you can add form and confidence to that in Curetons case. Today was yet again another game where if we''d of had a bit of quality up front we could of won!

Oh yeah and where was Carney yet again!

Gunny will always be a Canaries legend but hes fallen in to the same trap that Roeder did by playing his favourites instead of the best available 11.

More chance of getting relegated now I''m afraid!

Totally agree with this comment.  Clingan has been poor in the last two games but apart from that has been one of the best players for us this season.  You have to wonder if the transfer talk has affected his form.  Fotheringham is a very average player who thinks he is better than he is. He likes to stroll around the pitch picking mostly sideway passes with the occasional move forward into a scoring position. Like others in our team he is somebody who rarely scores and there are too many individuals who don''t find the net.  However his biggest crime is not just a lack of effort but passion and pride in being the captain.  For an example, when Norwich came out for the second half one goal down, who was urging the players on?  Not one single player was showing any sort of leadership.  Of course Fotheringham should be doing it as captain but instead he stands with his hand on hips as if it is a stroll on a Sunday afternoon friendly match.  Oh for the leadership of Malky and Dion since it seems that there is nobody up for the fight whatever the players said to Gunny after the game!

He is not the only poor player you know, Cligan is just as bad, he can only pass acuratley over 50 yards or 5, inbetween there all crap, he makes few tackels, just wears himself out running after them, and relly seriously cant even hit the ball on target (apart from pens) at least fozzy can pass, and shoot (not very well, but better than cligan) lets take the 3 mill for him and run, its not even just Fozzy and Cligna though, its a bloody football team, that cant play together

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]He is not the only poor player you know, Cligan is just as bad, he can only pass acuratley over 50 yards or 5, inbetween there all crap, he makes few tackels, just wears himself out running after them, and relly seriously cant even hit the ball on target (apart from pens) at least fozzy can pass, and shoot (not very well, but better than cligan) lets take the 3 mill for him and run, its not even just Fozzy and Cligna though, its a bloody football team, that cant play together
[/quote]

agree. he aint a bad player. His treatment is disgraceful. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is prepared to dig in for the cause.

As for the myth about giving balls away. he rarely does that. he is one of them players that keeps the game ticking over and always wants the ball.

Judging by some of the idiotic comments, im gonna assume some of you have never kicked a ball and just like a scapegoat.

Disgraceful.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]He is not the only poor player you know, Cligan is just as bad, he can only pass acuratley over 50 yards or 5, inbetween there all crap, he makes few tackels, just wears himself out running after them, and relly seriously cant even hit the ball on target (apart from pens) at least fozzy can pass, and shoot (not very well, but better than cligan) lets take the 3 mill for him and run, its not even just Fozzy and Cligna though, its a bloody football team, that cant play together[/quote]

agree. he aint a bad player. His treatment is disgraceful. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is prepared to dig in for the cause.

As for the myth about giving balls away. he rarely does that. he is one of them players that keeps the game ticking over and always wants the ball.

Judging by some of the idiotic comments, im gonna assume some of you have never kicked a ball and just like a scapegoat.

Disgraceful.

[/quote]I feel so sorry for him too. I mean, he play''s crap in a must-win home game, shows a complete lack of consistency, and gets a few boo''s? Heaven forbid. I mean, i feel even worse for him because he was so distraught he walked straight down the tunnel and collected his wage packet early! [:|]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]He is not the only poor player you know, Cligan is just as bad, he can only pass acuratley over 50 yards or 5, inbetween there all crap, he makes few tackels, just wears himself out running after them, and relly seriously cant even hit the ball on target (apart from pens) at least fozzy can pass, and shoot (not very well, but better than cligan) lets take the 3 mill for him and run, its not even just Fozzy and Cligna though, its a bloody football team, that cant play together
[/quote]

Disgraceful.

[/quote]

I feel so sorry for him too. I mean, he play''s crap in a must-win home game, shows a complete lack of consistency, and gets a few boo''s? Heaven forbid. I mean, i feel even worse for him because he was so distraught he walked straight down the tunnel and collected his wage packet early! [:|]
[/quote]

Crap.....hardly. But his performance is easy to knock as he is the new scapegoat. Yesterday also made my mind up that we sold the wrong winger....Bell (i know he was homesick)  is a lot better than Croft. But then Croft can do no wrong despite no being able to cross....a wingers most needed attribute.

If you had taken all of that abuse, would u really wanna sit on the bench? We are all human and i prob would have did the same.

He was no worse than anyone else.

B.hell I can''t believe it. We are now having a go at Clingan.

Are these the same people who didn''t like Bell Lupoli and of course..... Hucks.

Sometimes i just feel like giving up!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]He is not the only poor player you know, Cligan is just as bad, he can only pass acuratley over 50 yards or 5, inbetween there all crap, he makes few tackels, just wears himself out running after them, and relly seriously cant even hit the ball on target (apart from pens) at least fozzy can pass, and shoot (not very well, but better than cligan) lets take the 3 mill for him and run, its not even just Fozzy and Cligna though, its a bloody football team, that cant play together[/quote]

Disgraceful.

[/quote]I feel so sorry for him too. I mean, he play''s crap in a must-win home game, shows a complete lack of consistency, and gets a few boo''s? Heaven forbid. I mean, i feel even worse for him because he was so distraught he walked straight down the tunnel and collected his wage packet early! [:|][/quote]

Crap.....hardly. But his performance is easy to knock as he is the new scapegoat. Yesterday also made my mind up that we sold the wrong winger....Bell (i know he was homesick)  is a lot better than Croft. But then Croft can do no wrong despite no being able to cross....a wingers most needed attribute.

If you had taken all of that abuse, would u really wanna sit on the bench? We are all human and i prob would have did the same.

He was no worse than anyone else.

[/quote]Hardly Crap? I think he was pretty poor, as was everyone else. So fair enough, you can easily say he was no worse than anyone else, but unless you''ve forgotten (i have several times, it''s impossible to realise apart from the armband) he''s our captain.  And in that kind of game, in that situation, he has to be more influential, he has to show more than anyone else and try to rally up the team. He didn''t. Then again, even if he wasn''t captain, i''d still think he was p*ss poor.

So Fotheringham gives 2 fingers to the crowd after punting the ball upfield with no \Norwich player within 30 yards of where the ball ends up.

He then throws the armband at Doc''s feet and storms off down the tunnel when substituted. Now tell me why he should evey be allowed to

pull on a City shirt again let alone the armband. 

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Disgraceful.

[/quote]At last someone with some sense ,i ain''t going to jump on the pathetic fozzy bashing bandwagon just because it seems a  popular thing to do  ATM. The problem with this forum is as soon as some posters get it in there head about a player being crap others seem brainwashed into agreeing ,the doc being the perfect example, he never was as bad as some on here suggested, and infact he has been one of the better players,but because it was posted on here thousands of times about how awful he was i think fans convinced themselves it must be true.

[quote user="royhollis4"]

So Fotheringham gives 2 fingers to the crowd after punting the ball upfield with no \Norwich player within 30 yards of where the ball ends up.

He then throws the armband at Doc''s feet and storms off down the tunnel when substituted. Now tell me why he should evey be allowed to

pull on a City shirt again let alone the armband. 

[/quote]Thats bo***ks i never saw him give 2 fingers.

Thing is, i used to defend Fotheringham earlier on in the season when people still criticized him, because he wasn''t doing that badly, no where near as bad as people make out. But when your captain can''t get stuck in, you''re in trouble. He''s not an awful player..oh hang on, yes he is. But he occasionally has a good game or two, yesterday was not one of those.

Whilst we can blame Fotheringham for poor performances we should be looking at who picks him week after week - and as I have mentioned on other posts - what other team in any of the leagues constantly substitute their captain. Sorry but Fotheringham is only part of the problem at this club. The club is already reaping the rewards of appointing Gunn and the old boys act.