Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NEIL DONCASTER - Community spirit is so important in our current plight

[quote user="OTBC11"]Regardless of Doomcaster''s salary the biggest problem is the club worry too much about the community and their 20,000 season ticket holders than what''s going on out on the pitch.[/quote]

Totally agree with this.

The "community" would get far far more pleasure from the football club if it was successful ON THE PITCH......and this in my view has been the fundamental flaw in their strategy over the past 10 years..they have been far too focused on off - field activities (Community programmes, ancillary revenue generators) than the life blood of any football club - the team and its success on it.

It is the success of the team that will bring in more money than anything else BY FAR...who wants to go to a restaurant at a failing football club ? Which companies want to hold meetings/conferences at a failing football club ?, which companies want to have boxes at a failing football club ? which companies will be fighting over sponsoring a failing football club - thereby increasing the amount needed to get their name on the shirts ? etc etc...this is what they have overlooked time and time again - that the revenue generated by all these off field activities is DIRECTLY linked to the success of the team on the pitch. Therefore by investing more in these activities than the team is, and has been, totally wrong - and being the supposed business brain behind NCFC - Doncaster is ultimately totally responsible for this strategy.

Yes he could earn more money if he took a solicitors job in the city - I for one suggest he does just that...it was shame in a way he didn''t get the FA job because then everybody could have hated him - not just us....

[quote user="jbghost"]FFS. £180k a year is nothing for a man in his position.[/quote]

It is a considerable amount for a club losing £10,000 a day on the verge of League One.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst its all very admirable I think most fans wouldn''t give a t*ss about whether their team was community spirited if their team is doing well and I certainly wouldn''t care if the Chief exec never responded to an email i sent him if all was well at the club, Of course community spirit and a successful team should not be mutually exclusive. unfortunately with us they are and we''ve got the wrong one![/quote]

I don''t think that''s true Jim. Where I''d agree that all fans are unhappy at where the club is now and that all fans lay at least some of the blame at the board and the CE''s door I think a lot of fans recognise the community spirit that''s there. Whether they want it or not depends a lot on their own personal ways of support. If you are a fan but can''t get to games or can only get to the odd game and basically support the club through the media then, whilst you are no less of a fan, community spirit is irrelevant. But for those whose support involves more of an interaction with the club these things are more important. In both cases fans can still be frustrated by the poor performance and hold people accountable for that without making stuff up to make them out to be something they are not. Like I said in my post, this went on with Worthy in a hate campaign that wasn''t just unacceptable but was plain wrong!

[/quote]

Nutty I never said fans don''t recognise the community spirit thats there and i''m not saying that community spirit is not a good thing. What I am saying is that in my view there are very, very few fans who would be happy with supporting a community spirited but cr*p team (as we arguably do at the moment) and ultimately if the team was successful we would all be happy even if the club was not community spirited. At the end of the day the main purpose of a football club is to win matches. If it can achieve things in the community as a sideline then great! I can remember an article/interview by ND while back (sorry can;''t find it at the moment but sure someone can) where he basically said that the directors regard themselves as running a "club for the community" as we are unlikely to ever be able to compete again in terms of football at the highest level. i remember then that my heart sank as I read it!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Nutty I never said fans don''t recognise the community spirit thats there and i''m not saying that community spirit is not a good thing. What I am saying is that in my view there are very, very few fans who would be happy with supporting a community spirited but cr*p team (as we arguably do at the moment) and ultimately if the team was successful we would all be happy even if the club was not community spirited. At the end of the day the main purpose of a football club is to win matches. If it can achieve things in the community as a sideline then great! I can remember an article/interview by ND while back (sorry can;''t find it at the moment but sure someone can) where he basically said that the directors regard themselves as running a "club for the community" as we are unlikely to ever be able to compete again in terms of football at the highest level. i remember then that my heart sank as I read it!

[/quote]

I''m not sure your right Jim although for sure in the short term most fans would put the teams needs above that of the need for community spirit. But us fans are very fickle in nature.  The board cannot afford to be fickle, they have to have a policy and direction and stick to it. Unfortunately once they are committed to something therte''s no turning back. Anyway, there''s no reason why we can''t have community spirit and a successful team, we have in the past. The reason I came into this thread was because of the comment on the first post which said Doncaster was anything but community spirited. Most of the subsequent posts seem to agree with my point but yet still wanted to take issue with what I had to say rather than that comment. Why is that?

Jim - you did read it, as I did. Over the years their actions, as well as some off cuff conversations have all added up to those untimely words. I agree with you, it''s great to have a club that you feel part of. It''s vitally important, but the board can''t hope to keep the club running on that aspect alone. We all yearn for success and hope those designated at leading us towards it have the same ideology. Frankly the current board don''t as far as I am concerned. Pretty words masking their inability to make any constructive moves to initiate change.

Nutty, I certainly don''t think the board are fickle, but they are misguided. I am sorry, but if you could possibly guide me in pointing out the current boards'' policies and direction I would be very grateful. At present it seems they are taking us downwards.

"A consistent obedient forelock tuggin'' 24,000+ squirming butts on plastic pews - regardless of the quality of the supposed ''core product''.  Is a benchmark for success in the cash contaminated  eyes of the ''bespectacled buzz-cut one'' and his employees - our ''Prudence on the Pitch'' and ''Ker-ching in the Kitchen''s'' popular Majority Shareholding ''It''s a social event before kick-off, whilst holding court and cheerful mine hosting duo'' from Stow-ho!ho!Market".....

On Matchday,Dr Dronecaster MBA stands outside of Cooky Carra - bedecked in a Top hat, Tails and bow-tie - with synthetic smuggy inane grin and sporting a ''Dick Dastardly'' moustache....."ROLL UP! ROLL UP! Come and get your ''positive potion of eventual promotion'' !It''s only Â£200-£500+ quid for a small bottle.....It tastes just like the pi$$ of a mangy tomcat with a serious urine infection, but has a shelf life for as long as you need.....They''re selling faster than we can sell our assets, spiral out of control down the league - or us banging up banal buildings and buying up of any free land!"

"ROLL UP! ROLL UP!....What Sir! You''d like a dozen crates!? For that you can have a feel of my new office carpet (triple pile) and get to kiss my butt - and if you so wish, the rest of the Board of Directionlessessessess...essess....arses'' You Sir! are a true supporter!...(Psst, well done Nutless, now, put the crates back and walk around the Stadium and come back and do it again....Off yer go)....ROLL UP! ROLL UP! Come and get your ''positive potion of eventual promotion'' an'' if you buy two!? You get to butt-kiss ''you know who! If you buy three? You get too butt-kiss me! If you buy four? You can lick the boardroom door! ROLL UP! ROLL UP!!!!....suckers."   

The current board''s strategy is based purely around survival, nothing else. They have NO ambition and would be quite happy playing in League One or even League Two i reckon, as long as they can balance the books!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"A consistent obedient forelock tuggin'' 24,000+ squirming butts on plastic pews - regardless of the quality of the supposed ''core product''.  Is a benchmark for success in the cash contaminated  eyes of the ''bespectacled buzz-cut one'' and his employees - our ''Prudence on the Pitch'' and ''Ker-ching in the Kitchen''s'' popular Majority Shareholding ''It''s a social event before kick-off, whilst holding court and cheerful mine hosting duo'' from Stow-ho!ho!Market".....

On Matchday,Dr Dronecaster MBA stands outside of Cooky Carra - bedecked in a Top hat, Tails and bow-tie - with synthetic smuggy inane grin and sporting a ''Dick Dastardly'' moustache....."ROLL UP! ROLL UP! Come and get your ''positive potion of eventual promotion'' !It''s only Â£200-£500+ quid for a small bottle.....It tastes just like the pi$$ of a mangy tomcat with a serious urine infection, but has a shelf life for as long as you need.....They''re selling faster than we can sell our assets, spiral out of control down the league - or us banging up banal buildings and buying up of any free land!"

"ROLL UP! ROLL UP!....What Sir! You''d like a dozen crates!? For that you can have a feel of my new office carpet (triple pile) and get to kiss my butt - and if you so wish, the rest of the Board of Directionlessessessess...essess....arses'' You Sir! are a true supporter!...(Psst, well done Nutless, now, put the crates back and walk around the Stadium and come back and do it again....Off yer go)....ROLL UP! ROLL UP! Come and get your ''positive potion of eventual promotion'' an'' if you buy two!? You get to butt-kiss ''you know who! If you buy three? You get too butt-kiss me! If you buy four? You can lick the boardroom door! ROLL UP! ROLL UP!!!!....suckers."   

[/quote]

Very good Mello[Y]

But assuming they actually go - Jim Smith, Gazzathegreat, Whoareyou? I can''t smell anything, Lol Morgan, Snap and of course your good self, the original Keyboard Kate, will all be tuggin'' your forelocks while squirming on your plastic pews regardless of the core product. Yes and unless your long awaited boycotts are materialising next season you have probably already gratefully purchased your £200-£500 bottles of tom cats pi$$. You''ve probably all already rolled up and signed up for more of the same. Just like thick ol'' nutless you all couldn''t wait to lick the boardroom door. Yes your all troooooooooooooooo supporters, obediently going through thick and thin to butt kiss the board. And yet most of you weren''t so shy when it came to shouting Worthy Out. No empty threats or keyboard warrioring on that score. So come on you lot, prove me wrong today. Don''t just wait ''til you get home tonight spinning on your pooter chairs like Wonder Woman. Or are we all nutless really[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Very good Mello[Y]

But assuming they actually go - Jim Smith, Gazzathegreat, Whoareyou? I can''t smell anything, Lol Morgan, Snap and of course your good self, the original Keyboard Kate, will all be tuggin'' your forelocks while squirming on your plastic pews regardless of the core product. Yes and unless your long awaited boycotts are materialising next season you have probably already gratefully purchased your £200-£500 bottles of tom cats pi$$. You''ve probably all already rolled up and signed up for more of the same. Just like thick ol'' nutless you all couldn''t wait to lick the boardroom door. Yes your all troooooooooooooooo supporters, obediently going through thick and thin to butt kiss the board. And yet most of you weren''t so shy when it came to shouting Worthy Out. No empty threats or keyboard warrioring on that score. So come on you lot, prove me wrong today. Don''t just wait ''til you get home tonight spinning on your pooter chairs like Wonder Woman. Or are we all nutless really[:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

"Keyboard Kate".....Bloody Hilarious[:D]....Snort! Guffaw! Snigger! Stoppid! Ooh me rib''s are breakin! Pick me up offa the floor! Oooh! Haha! I think I''ve wet meself! Chortle![:|]

Flop.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Very good Mello[Y]

[;)]

[/quote]

"Keyboard Kate".....Bloody Hilarious[:D]....Snort! Guffaw! Snigger! Stoppid! Ooh me rib''s are breakin! Pick me up offa the floor! Oooh! Haha! I think I''ve wet meself! Chortle![:|]

Flop.

[/quote]

Not so funny from where I''m sitting. A bit sad really in these days of openess. But each to their own I guess[:|]

Spin.

I''ve cut down the number of matches i go to simply because the standrad of football is so piss poor.

I can find other things which entertain me better than watching a team, half made up of mercenaries, do their level best to lose more matches than they win.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Very good Mello[Y]

[;)]

[/quote]

Flop.

[/quote]

Not so funny from where I''m sitting. A bit sad really in these days of openess. But each to their own I guess[:|]

Spin.

[/quote]

WTF are you actually on about?....[:|]

[quote user="whoareyou"]

I''ve cut down the number of matches i go to simply because the standrad of football is so piss poor.

I can find other things which entertain me better than watching a team, half made up of mercenaries, do their level best to lose more matches than they win.

[/quote]

The standard of football at times this season has been a huge improvement on recent years. It''s the results that have been piss poor.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

The standard of football at times this season has been a huge improvement on recent years. It''s the results that have been piss poor.

[/quote]

Is their a difference? Losing IS a poor performance in my eyes, especially at home games!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Very good Mello[Y]

[;)]

[/quote]

Flop.

[/quote]

Spin.

[/quote]

[/quote]

WTF are you gonna do different to me this afternoon Kate?.... [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A huge improvement? But the results  have been pissy poor? Oxymoron. Table don''t lie.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A huge improvement? But the results  have been pissy poor? Oxymoron. Table don''t lie.....

[/quote]

That''s right they don''t and neither did the posters who said it wasn''t the results that mattered when Worthy won 5 on the bounce? Poorest results in the league  = bottom of the league. Regardless of what the football is like.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Very good Mello[Y]

[;)]

[/quote]

Flop.

[/quote]

Spin.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not be boring Git?[^o)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Very good Mello[Y]

[;)]

[/quote]

Flop.

[/quote]

Spin.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not be boring Git?[^o)]

[/quote]

Oh .. that''s ok then. I thought for a minute you were gonna grow some balls and protest for real.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s right they don''t and neither did the posters who said it wasn''t the results that mattered when Worthy won 5 on the bounce? Poorest results in the league  = bottom of the league. Regardless of what the football is like.

[/quote]

Worthy''s gone.....gerroverit. The club''s in freefall, but who cares?.....We can''t compete with the Burnley and Preston''s of this league. Now you toodle off and have a love-in with your chums who are also sporting yellow tinty welding goggles....(and you''re not even a real welder).

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Very good Mello[Y]

[;)]

[/quote]

Flop.

[/quote]

Spin.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not be boring Git?[^o)]

[/quote]

Oh .. that''s ok then. I thought for a minute you were gonna grow some balls and protest for real.

[/quote]

Protesting is soooooooo mid-ninety nighties.....And I have got a fine set of balls, but I don''t use them for protesting....How are your apple pips? Still hiding behind your weener? Squeak.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Worthy''s gone.....gerroverit. The club''s in freefall, but who cares?.....We can''t compete with the Burnley and Preston''s of this league. Now you toodle off and have a love-in with your chums who are also sporting yellow tinty welding goggles....(and you''re not even a real welder).

[/quote]

Toodle pip.. it''s time for you to leave the poota and become insignificant again[:O]

Enjoy the game and say hi to Deals for me[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Toodle pip.. it''s time for you to leave the poota and become insignificant again[:O]

[/quote]

Yeah, put some of your bright red lippy on - and then I can see where you plant your big smacker on each of the board''s butts before they take their seats.....Give us a wave if you can extend your floppy and limpy wrists above your snake-belt and brightly coloured tank-top....And if you see Worthy.....Tell him I send him my disregards.... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, put some of your bright red lippy on - and then I can see where you plant your big smacker on each of the board''s butts before they take their seats.....Give us a wave if you can extend your floppy and limpy wrists above your snake-belt and brightly coloured tank-top....And if you see Worthy.....Tell him I send him my disregards.... 

[/quote]

I thought you''d gone[|-)]

Hurry up or you''ll be late for your pies. Don''t forget to take off your Kate outfit in case someone recognises you[H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought you''d gone[|-)]

Hurry up or you''ll be late for your pies. Don''t forget to take off your Kate outfit in case someone recognises you[H]

[/quote]

See you in the C&H after? I''ll supply you with a false ID if you think you won''t get served? Leave your red lippy on so I''ll recognise you as you mince in....Cooee! 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

See you in the C&H after? I''ll supply you with a false ID if you think you won''t get served? Leave your red lippy on so I''ll recognise you as you mince in....Cooee! 

[/quote]

You''ll recognise me. You''ve seen my photo, and commented on it. How will I know you shy boy? Will you be the one with the balaclava back to front[:^)]

Nutty and Mello. I love you both. xxxx

Now sort out your differences like men without quoting each other, as scrolling through all that has made my eyes feel as if I have just downed two bottles of Delia''s finest cooking sherry.

Seriously though Nutty, I was very angry today after (mistakingly) listening to Mr Doncaster, our fine Chief Executive on R Norfolk before the game whingeing on about our club not being able to compete as we didn''t have a rich benefactor. I will be emailing him about it and sending my annual letter to Mr Munby about the state of the club (I will be renewing because I support the club, not the board, they are not the same thing).

He has conveniently forgotten all we received from the Premiership then hasn''t he, and I will gladly stand up and ask him how he explains the how likes of Swansea, Preston and Bristol City, to name a few, have managed to be more successful than us of late.

The clock is ticking for the board - and he damn well knows it.

Mello - thanks mate, your post re the boardroom made me laugh out loud!!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Nutty and Mello. I love you both. xxxx Now sort out your differences like men without quoting each other, as scrolling through all that has made my eyes feel as if I have just downed two bottles of Delia''s finest cooking sherry. Seriously though Nutty, I was very angry today after (mistakingly) listening to Mr Doncaster, our fine Chief Executive on R Norfolk before the game whingeing on about our club not being able to compete as we didn''t have a rich benefactor. I will be emailing him about it and sending my annual letter to Mr Munby about the state of the club (I will be renewing because I support the club, not the board, they are not the same thing). He has conveniently forgotten all we received from the Premiership then hasn''t he, and I will gladly stand up and ask him how he explains the how likes of Swansea, Preston and Bristol City, to name a few, have managed to be more successful than us of late. The clock is ticking for the board - and he damn well knows it. Mello - thanks mate, your post re the boardroom made me laugh out loud!![/quote]

I didn''t hear the interview thank god, or I might have been tempted to give him my thoughts before the match [:|]