Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Milan Baros

I see that Dodgy Rumours suggests that City will be signing Milan Baros on a one year loan basis. No harm in wishful thinking, but......coiuld he be a possibility for the vacant no. 9 shirt given all the circumstances???!!!
The ability to score sufficient goals will be absolutely critical to a mid-table finish.
OTBC

Nice thinkin triple B, But I think big Nige is after a target man

Milan Baros Euro 2004 golden boot winner playing for Norwich... NAAAAAAAAAA!

I''m still expecting him to leave Liverpool and join a big European club now his reputation is soaring.

This is similar to the Milosovic situation a few years back, very average at Villa, had a great major tournament for his national team (possibly winning the golden boot) and moving on with great success (as I''m sure Baros will do).

I highly doubt he''s coming here unfortunately.

The problem for people starting rumours about loan deals is that Worthy is very very unlikely to use up another of our loan options on one player for a year. Remember we can only have 3 loans at any one time (I think), and can only loan for a year players under 24.

I think it might be different in the Premiership, in terms of the age of players that can be loaned. There is talk of Nicky Butt going on a year long loan to Newcastle, as well as possibly Kluivert going there on a loan (before he signed permanently). But having said that, maybe the rules aren''t different from the Nationwide ones we encountered last season, and Bobby Robson is just being his usual ''confused'' self (PS I love that man, I''m not having a pop at him!).

Loan rules for the Premiership are:

No more than two loan players at one club at any one time.

A maximum of four (or maybe five) loans per season.

Didn''t Real Madrid want to sign him after Euro 2004? Their interest waned because he had his heart set on a move to FCR, did it???

These rumours are getting worse.

Thanks Pete, that clears that up then - we WILL NOT be taking another player on a season long loan, it would restrict Worthy''s options come January far too much. Have these rules just changed do we know Pete? i seem to remember Leeds having half a dozen players on loan last season, all at the same time, and quite a few on season long loans.....

2 loans from other EPL clubs e.g. Bentley and one other season long from an English club. or 1 for 3 month and another once first 3 month loan expired

Loans from other countries may not be restricted to a specific number or period, hence Leeds had so many last season.

I''m not sure how long these Premiership rules have been in place but they are different to Nationwide rules (which are the same as last year).

I can''t see Worthy using the other loan slot unless there''s an injury crisis...