Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

cody mcdonald ex ipswich?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]A poster on the BBC site suggested that Cody McDonald was a former Ipswich trainee does anyone know if this is correct? If so what are we doing signing him?

But then we have appointed Ian i think i might sign for the scum Crook as a coach!
[/quote]

Now I would almost take your point on board if we were talking about signing someone like Naylor or Scowcroft who have big scum connections, but we''re talking about a young lad who never even played for them!!  Give him a chance he could be a gem who we can use to wind them up for years to come like they do to us with Haynes.

And Crook never signed for the scum, deciding against it in a moment of clarity completing p*ssing them off down the road.  He will always be a legend and that was one of the funniest things at the time and he was rightly welcomed back as a hero.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]A poster on the BBC site suggested that Cody McDonald was a former Ipswich trainee does anyone know if this is correct? If so what are we doing signing him?

But then we have appointed Ian i think i might sign for the scum Crook as a coach!
[/quote]

What a complete and utter poo for brains bell wipe you are! Seriously, get a life!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Who cares???

But he is utter plop and that is what I care about.

[/quote]This is exactly why people disregard your opinion Smudger.You know NOTHING about how good this guy is, yet because he''s from outside the league, according to you he''s ''plop''.You really are a prize cretin.

Remember Chris Woods when at Ipswich used to drive Bobby Robson mad by always asking how Norwich had got on after Ipswich games. - He was rubbish when we signed him though.

Michael Owen played his best years at Liverpool despite being an Everton fan

and Alex Bruce supports Norwich but is suffering the indignity of playing for the scum

they''re all professionals which means it doesn''t matter

[quote user="San Miguel"]

and Alex Bruce supports Norwich but is suffering the indignity of playing for the scum

[/quote]the fact that alex bruce plays for ipswich means he isn''t a norwich fan, would you play for them?I never doubted Ian Crook''s ability as a footballer whilst he was with us, it just disappoints me that we would bring somebody in who has been so disloyal to us in the past. We''ll be bringing andy marshall back next!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]the fact that alex bruce plays for ipswich means he isn''t a norwich fan, would you play for them?I never doubted Ian Crook''s ability as a footballer whilst he was with us, it just disappoints me that we would bring somebody in who has been so disloyal to us in the past. We''ll be bringing andy marshall back next! [/quote]But Crook wasn''t disloyal, was he? He realised his mistake before he made it, and royally pissed the Binners off while he was at it! Can you imagine how dreadful you''d feel if John Wark decided to sign for us at the end of his career, then promptly took one look at the club and hot-footed it back down the A140? Crook was an absolute stalwart for this club; if he wasn''t, I doubt he''d have stayed here all these years when his ability could easily have seen him snapped up by a bigger club.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]

the fact that alex bruce plays for ipswich means he isn''t a norwich fan, would you play for them?

I never doubted Ian Crook''s ability as a footballer whilst he was with us, it just disappoints me that we would bring somebody in who has been so disloyal to us in the past. We''ll be bringing andy marshall back next!
[/quote]

You need to remember fella that it''s a game at the end of the day, if you''re offended by non -Norwich people playing then go and support your local village team where most will be from the same place!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Bryan Gunn & Ian Butterworth are both norwich legends, Ian Crook all but signed for Ipswich Town there were 90 other league clubs he could have joined but he was gonna go to Ipswich if he had any respect for us city fans the thought would never have crossed his mind. Darren Huckerby went all the way to the USA to avoid even having to play against us now thats a true legend.

Any player/manager who has had any assosiation with Ipswich is scum and i don''t want them at our football club Cody McDonald is tainted.
[/quote]

Now I hate Ipswich as much as the next man but are you suggesting that any form of contact with them makes you unable to be true to Norwich?

If so, I have a confession. I passed through Ipswich on my way to Colchester a couple of weeks ago. Does this mean I can never support my beloved City again?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Who cares???

But he is utter plop and that is what I care about.

[/quote]

Kevin Phillips, Ian Wright,  Les Ferdinand.... what do all 3 of them have in common smudger? they all came from non league football.... any of them "plop"?

jas :)