Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Fantasy football

as its getting to that time of year i wondered has anyone else on her won anything from a fantasy football competition before. two seasons ago i won £1000 from the telegraph nothing since anyone more fortunate than me?

In a slightly different competition I once won a years supply of chomp chocolate bars for producing a catchphrase for a picture of Bruce Grobelaar (you know who I mean!) jumping 6ft in the air. My lame catchphrase of "I never knew you could play leap-frog Brucie" was chosen by another leg-end in the great Ron Atkinson

I was winner of the Schools Fantasy League last year for my school and finished 35 in the West Midlands, (where my school were reigonal champions) and 417 nationally. I still haven''t gone back to school to collect the prize, but in the same year, I won the school year winners medal at another School, and had that delivered.

i won both raffles at the church bazaar last year, had to redraw though as it looked like a fix!!! Hmmpph chances were thousands to one on winning both, perhaps I should do the lottery!

not that that is football related,,,,but hey I needed it off my chest!!

I come second in the works fantasy foorball last year, based on the suns scores and points. This was out 62 teams, and i won £150 wich was alright.

beat my cousin in BBC footballs fantasy football thingy. It was just me and him in our own league. i won absolutely sod all except the satisfaction of knowing i am better than him.

In fact i''ve never won anything in my life.......................................................i''m off to cry!

er yes, sorry to have to admit this, but you lot have made me....

where i used to work, they took it soooo seriously, like they spent all day on talking football instead of working, every tea break was dominated with transfers, points taken away for red cards etc

i entered a team the first year and was third, winning a few manager of the month prizes, the second year i entered a team to come bottom (picking players especially selected for their appetite for bookings and sendings off) as the ''wooden spoon'' prize was almost as good as for winning the league .... and i won, got a plaque and £25!!
This was all done to Daily Telegraph rules, but much harder, like only having two players from each team!!! But if you had Henri, you couldn''t lose!!

I had a bidding auction last night in the pub with 8 other mates. Despite my aim of getting Hux, I got too involved with other bids and ended up with Drogba & Saha. What do you guys think of Drogba - will he score points?

However, I promised myself I would get one canary, obviously not a defender, and before long Bentley was mine!!!