Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

Boothroyd one word - OVERATED

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]wewba one word - WANKER [/quote]

someone learnt out a new trick in how to change font size and colour in wording! wonder what you learn next in your ict lesson? how to print? [;)]

[/quote]

yeah thats right how to print. you obviously have not found the log out button yet so your not to bright either! hey we8 guess what ive just learnt somthing else, wow im so exciting about this one, are you ready...

here goes............

5-2

WE 8 is right, Boothroyd is overrated. Them stats are below average and if he''s appointed I predict we''ll go down. I don''t get why everyone wants him, surely it isn''t just because he''s been here before?

I''d like to see Darren Ferguson or Paul Ince take charge, although not till the summer as they have no experience in relegation battles. I think the best option would be to employ someone in a part time role till the summer that has experience in keeping teams up, but who? I don''t really have a clue lol!

Let''s face it -  the only reason people want Boothroyd and Mackay is because they are ex-Norwich.Boothroyd''s record isn''t that impressive and Mackay isn''t really proven either, if they hadn''t been at the club before people wouldn''t be giving them a second look.

can understand the malkay bit off it!

has boothroyd been here before?

if so then thats my mistake as i never knew that! and that would answer my question on why people want him!

(1) Ferguson will be a quality, quality manager one day.

(2) Ince took a too bigger jump, straight from league 2 to the premier league. It''d be a gamble, but I think the championship might just be his level at the moment.

[quote user="hellococker"]Let''s face it -  the only reason people want Boothroyd and Mackay is because they are ex-Norwich.

Boothroyd''s record isn''t that impressive and Mackay isn''t really proven either, if they hadn''t been at the club before people wouldn''t be giving them a second look.
[/quote]

Correct! And if they aren''t given some money to spend during the transfer window then it wont matter anyway. Of those mentioned Darren Ferguson would be my first choice, but I don''t think he would come to us, Robbins would have been used to having no transfer money at Rotherham so may be able to weave a bit of magic.

Those suggesting Curbishley, Ince and laughably even Keane, you are living in dreamland, they wouldn''t want to come to a club as badly run as this one.

Didn''t boothroyd take watford in to the prem with no money.Didn''t they spend no money and get relegated.How could that have been his fault.Give me a manager who can do things without money any day of the week over big names who always blame lack of money for failure

I said it on another thread, and i''ll say it again. When Boothroyd first took Watford up they did not play ''hoofball'', they played some excellent football, and used the wings superbly.

Ashley Young and Chris Eagles on the wings ripped most teams apart in that first season, and having a fast but not particularly good in the air striker such as Marlon King meant they couldn''t play long balls all the time. In fact, i''d go as far as to say that they played the best football of any side i saw that season when they came to Carrow Road and beat us 3-2.

Fair enough, it switched to hoofball when he lost Eagles, Young and King, but it''s hardly his fault that the Watford board didn''t give him the money to replace them. he had to make do with what he had then, and it all went downhill from there.

If he came to Norwich he''d inherit a small squad, both in numbers and stature, who have the potential to play some decent stuff with the ball on the floor. There''s no logic whatsoever in suggesting that he''d make us play ''hoofball'', in those circumstances. Thankfully, not all managers are as stuck in their way as our previous one.

[quote user=]

I said it on another thread, and i''ll say it again. When Boothroyd first took Watford up they did not play ''hoofball'', they played some excellent football, and used the wings superbly.

Ashley Young and Chris Eagles on the wings ripped most teams apart in that first season, and having a fast but not particularly good in the air striker such as Marlon King meant they couldn''t play long balls all the time. In fact, i''d go as far as to say that they played the best football of any side i saw that season when they came to Carrow Road and beat us 3-2.

Fair enough, it switched to hoofball when he lost Eagles, Young and King, but it''s hardly his fault that the Watford board didn''t give him the money to replace them. he had to make do with what he had then, and it all went downhill from there.

If he came to Norwich he''d inherit a small squad, both in numbers and stature, who have the potential to play some decent stuff with the ball on the floor. There''s no logic whatsoever in suggesting that he''d make us play ''hoofball'', in those circumstances. Thankfully, not all managers are as stuck in their way as our previous one.

Nice post.

I remember that game. That season Marlon King was the best centre forward to play at carrow road all season by a mile i thought after watching all home games!

[quote user="we8wba"]

lets throw in some hard facts

08/09 season - league wins 4/15 = 26.67 win rate

07/08 season - league wins 18/46 = 39.13 win rate

06/07 season - league wins 5/38 = 13.15 win rate

in his last 14 games of the 07/08 season his league wins were - 1/14 =  7.14 win rate

5/29 = 17.24 win rate in his last 29matches in the league in charge of watford

past 2 1/2 season totals  27/99 = 27.27 win rate in 3years

These statistics are presented in a misleading way in order to back up we8wba''s argument. If you remove the year they were in the prem (06-07) then Boothroyd won 60 out of 138 games as manager of Watford at Championship level, giving a win ratio at this level of 44%. In the season they were promoted, (05-06), a season we8wba has neglected to mention, he won 22 out of 46, a points tally of 81 and a win ratio of 48%.

Even when they were in the Prem they made the FA Cup semi finals. They reached the Championship playoffs twice. Oh, and he saved them from relegation at the end of the 04 - 05 season after being appointed in  March 2005.

Just about every manager who is experienced and successful at Championship level has had a nightmare season in the Prem. Including Coppell, Davies, McCarthy, Warnock, Worthy of course!... the list goes on.

as i said one word - overated

[/quote]