Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

leaky at the rear or piss poor up front?

a lot o people are talking about being more ruthless up top. but as far as im concerned, our defending needs more improvement, as we create chances, whether we finish them is nother thing. but if we can tighten up the back then you can at least nick draws....having watched yesterday, we matched sheff urd but our defending on 1 occasion let us down.so maybe sign a striker?but defenders are more important!

[quote user="Jonesy"]I don''t think it''s a case of one or the other. Both areas need to be improved for us to get out of the relegation dog fight.[/quote]wellif you look at doncaster they have a distinct lack of firepower, but they have tried to tighten up at the back.forest have changed at both ends, they are defending and scoring with real prowess, as far as im concerned, play lupoli, give cort a chance, and try to get another centre back and full back.

[quote user="Jonesy"]I don''t think it''s a case of one or the other. Both areas need to be improved for us to get out of the relegation dog fight.[/quote]

Correct.

We''re not strong enough at either end of the pitch. It''s lovely to have a tight defence but then if you don''t score goals you don''t win games of football.

The Doc is the only one who defends strongly enough and consistently. You''d fancy Adam Drury would do a good job at left back but Roeder prefers the weaker Bertrand. And then we need another centreback and a better right back (unless Semmy can find and keep his best form, which I''m not sure will ever happen under Roeder).

Upfront we really need 2 good strikers. Obviously it''d be great to see Lita and Ched or players of similar quality but it''s going to be a big ask.

You are all wrong.  There is not an area on the pitch that we ARE good at :-( 

All of it need strengthening,  esp the midfield.

Before watching Saturday I too thought the midfield was relatively strong.  However I now know that is as weak as anywhere else (or is it just Fozzy?).  It could be the key to making the whole team play better (by playing better balls into our strikers / have the occasional shot (you can''t win the lottery without buying a ticket) / taking some of the heat off the defence)).

We lack a real driving midfield player, who can lead the team, who can do the Gerrard type roll of collecting the ball off Marshall (thus stopping him wasting the ball with his crap drop kicks), play a couple of one-two''s PDQ (thus allowing the other midfielders to participate in this obsession of one touch passing) before driving through the middle of the opposition midfield before laying off a pass to our (one) striker(s).

Wishful thinking - Ryan Giggs is available at the end of the season.