Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City sack Glenn Roeder

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Wonder what his parting message will be? Maybe Delia can lead him onto the pitch at half time and he can give everyone the bird?[/quote]

Maybe he could be tarred and feathered and led down the A11 back to the shit-hole that is East London

I still believe both Gunn and Wright should be co-caretaker managers.  Gunn must also be responsible for new players negotiations (before Boothroyd signing!!!).

Sacking Roeder is a poor decision made at the wrong time.  Our only opportunity to strengthen the squad has now gone and the window will be closed before any new manager gets his feet under the table.  Roeder inherited a very poor side and improved it slightly with some good signings on very little money.  We played spme great stuff at the start of the year and had no luck.

Boothroyd would be a great appointment for me as I sit high up in the stand so could see plenty of the ball.  We will turn into a long ball team of cloggers and bruisers playing rubbish football week in week out and he will divide the dressing room as he did at Watford. 

All you morons wanting Roeder out because he hurt you lickle feelings are about to get what you deserve, an even worse team and certain relegation.

Actually Roeder nearly got us relegated last season- people think he saved us (which technically is correct) but remember that we still needed to beat QPR at home on the penultimate game. Had we not done that we would have gone down and we only survived by a very narrow margin.

Bottom line is that he had one decent run but the rest has been garbage with only occasional bright spots which even the worst pub team can have. Under him we have got a losing habit and mentality. Bad luck doesn''t lose you 17 games before the end of Jan- its a sign that something is very wrong.

[quote user="Boot"]

Sacking Roeder is a poor decision made at the wrong time.  Our only opportunity to strengthen the squad has now gone and the window will be closed before any new manager gets his feet under the table.  Roeder inherited a very poor side and improved it slightly with some good signings on very little money.  We played spme great stuff at the start of the year and had no luck.

Boothroyd would be a great appointment for me as I sit high up in the stand so could see plenty of the ball.  We will turn into a long ball team of cloggers and bruisers playing rubbish football week in week out and he will divide the dressing room as he did at Watford. 

All you morons wanting Roeder out because he hurt you lickle feelings are about to get what you deserve, an even worse team and certain relegation.

[/quote]Oh I didn''t realise this was our only opportunity to strengthen the squad, I thought the last 14 months and the 22 players he brought in were supposed to that? I might be wrong but perhaps he got the sack because he was a totally cr@p manager

I think that we should appoint Darren Beckford as manager. He was a brilliant player for us and I''m sure that that will seemlessly translate into a managerial role.

NURSE!!!!