Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Sibi Signing Would be the Last Straw

According to the powers that be, our finances are as bright as Woolies; with our budget already gobbled up with more loans that Northern Rock. And now this....

....instead of signing someone, young, athletic, & fit; we are apparantly close to someone, Old, Immobile and injury prone. Sitonurarski (as he is called by one poster), an apt name would still take a fair wage; which could be so much better spent; i''m afraid he isnt going to uproot from up north for 6 months, to come down  here, play for 3k a week, because he loves Glen Roeder!

..What does Sibierski offer us, there''s been the odd moment of something; his debut; and a slight something v Forest, but not justifiable, whatsoever! Especially when u consider, we need to find a RELIABLE striker or two (or three)!! Carl Cort, might as well be still at Asda, because i dont see him making 10 appearances in  an NCFC shirt, he like Sibierski is past it, and Unfit; we cant have afford two players like that!

and where does he fit in; if like Roeder lets you believe a Litaless Norwich has to play 4-4-2? Does he play off someone? No, you have to agile, nippy really to perfect that role; or does he play as the targetman; we;ve found that out already that he certainly isnt one of those. So why sign him?

...only Roeder knows; and his answer, like usually will probably give us more questions than answers...

He''s unlikely to explain his motivation for signing him (if true), because after all none of us have been England manager.   I''m with you - if this decision is true it would confirm all that is wrong with our manager.  Yet another player who is ''rated'', but who rarely if ever plays and is a constant drain on our already meagre financial resources.  Compare that to all the fit, willing and able players we have just waiting for a chance (both here and currently on loan). 

Cretinous.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Think Sib could be a good player for us if he is played in his proper position. To get the best from him, he needs to be in the hole.
[/quote]

Him coming back here will confirm he is in the hole ......rodents ar*e hole ! He is a complete joke , when he was first mentioned as coming here I thought it was a good move , he WAS a good player, unfortunately for NCFC, he is very obviously well past his best .

I do not rate Sibierski at all, but when he played alongside Lupoli, he looked half good, then again Lupoli doesn;t play so why on earth sign him ?

Come on you yellows !!!

To be fair to him, he''s done well the last couple of games. Dunno if he''ll still be good enough next year, but he could be pretty handy this season. He''s not always been fully fit etc in his time here, but i''ve seen him play well before. Maybe him and Lupes will link up well... He won''t be on as high a wage as he was either, and he cost nothing

He has improved in the last 2 games. Perhaps to be fair to him he was not fully fit before. Having said that overall he has been very disappointing and it would not be a forward looking signing!

Agree 100% with most sentiments on here. He may well be able to "do a job" but surely there are other options?

He is approaching the end of his career, he is injury prone, he is going to be expensive-in terms of wages and a probable large signing on fee. We should be looking at players coming in who might turn out to be an investment in terms of selling on in a year, two years; Sibi is certainly not money in our bank at any time in the future, but would turn out to be plenty of it in his!

Admittedly, there is no guarantee that any player brought in would be a success, but FFS, can''t we try to be a little ambitious that way? It can come off-Leeds got Beckford from non-league for peanuts, he is now valued at £3 Million plus! That always used to be the route we went down, that, or selling on young players that came through the ranks-no doubt the likes of Gordon, Eadie, Green, Fox et al would be deemed as "not ready" by Roeder?

Thankfully it hasn''t been confirmed yet and I hope it isn''t. But it wouldn''t surprise me one little bit if we didn''t triumphantly announce the signing of a "Premiership star" in the next few days...

Decent player (if played in the right position) but VERY injury prone in his spells at Wigan and on loan to us.  That is my main issue, but with a wage cut or a play as you pay deal, it may just work.

As a midfielder he could be an ok signing, nothing special but ok. Trouble is he will never play in midfield and as a striker and much vaunted Target Man he is crap.

How many last straws are we willing to take?

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]He has been ineffective in his loan spell because he is being played in the wrong position. He is a midfielder not a striker.[/quote]

...well as Roeder won''t play him in his only position of ''in the hole'' him signing him would be even more ridiculous!

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Think Sib could be a good player for us if he is played in his proper position. To get the best from him, he needs to be in the hole.
[/quote]

I''m also at my best when I''m in the hole - on the whole!