Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Can we compete with Garforth Town...

A year younger than Windass and Dublin, and 2 years younger than Sheringham was when he finished, yet he''s been the captain of the world cup winning team.

[quote user="dhickl"]A year younger than Windass and Dublin, and 2 years younger than Sheringham was when he finished, yet he''s been the captain of the world cup winning team.[/quote]

That doesn''t mean he will settle down well to football in The Championship. Just look at the Danish international right back we signed for The Prem season (sorry struggling to remember his name Helveg?).

I used to train with Garforth Town and played a pre-season match for them once during my time my time in Leeds.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Smudger"]I used to train with Garforth Town and played a pre-season match for them once during my time my time in Leeds.[/quote]
see, they will play any old sh*t!
[/quote]

Well yes... but then non-league football is only glorified Sunday league with people who can be bothered to put in that little bit of extra effort with training on the whole.

It was only one friendly and they didn''t have no Brazillian Stars there at the time (about 2000/01 I think it was).

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Smudger"]I used to train with Garforth Town and played a pre-season match for them once during my time my time in Leeds.[/quote]see, they will play any old sh*t![/quote]

Well yes... but then non-league football is only glorified Sunday league with people who can be bothered to put in that little bit of extra effort with training on the whole.

It was only one friendly and they didn''t have no Brazillian Stars there at the time (about 2000/01 I think it was).

[/quote]kinda, i hope you dont mean the conference by that but certainly at garforth level it is just a sunday league team with a good contact system...

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="dhickl"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7789626.stm

...surely he would help our defense

[/quote]Dont Garforth town have a history of massive signings? Didn''t Socrates play for them??[/quote]Yep..."Previous signings of Brazilian players Socrates and Careca along with

former England International Lee Sharpe have all seen full-page

articles in every national tabloid, numerous features on ITV and Sky,

national radio coverage and over 100,000 web-based articles and

features."

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]Dont Garforth town have a history of massive signings? Didn''t Socrates play for them??[/quote]Yep..."Previous signings of Brazilian players Socrates and Careca along with

former England International Lee Sharpe have all seen full-page

articles in every national tabloid, numerous features on ITV and Sky,

national radio coverage and over 100,000 web-based articles and

features."[/quote]Was that from Wikipedia? If so we should update it to include Smudger! Are the tabloids aware he trained with them??

[quote user="Smudger"]I used to train with Garforth Town and played a pre-season match for them once during my time my time in Leeds.[/quote]

you then went on to sign for Barcelona, before heading to Real madrid and Manchester utd.. but we all missed your tenure as england striker.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Smudger"]I used to train with Garforth Town and played a pre-season match for them once during my time my time in Leeds.[/quote]

you then went on to sign for Barcelona, before heading to Real madrid and Manchester utd.. but we all missed your tenure as england striker.

jas :)

[/quote]Is it possible you went on to a top managerial career after hanging up your shootin'' boots? at least then we''d have one fan qualifyed to tell Roeder how poor the teams been of late!

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

Dont Garforth town have a history of massive signings? Didn''t Socrates play for them??
[/quote]

He played about 20 minutes in 1 game when he was 50.  This one is a bit different as he will be playing more.

might have been mentioned before this but i didnt read the whole thread.

dont they have a link wit brazil in their staff?

anyway i reckon he would settle fine here :L, but we have Grounds so why would we need him.

keiran

[quote user="one 4 the future"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]Don''t be stupid,you''ll be wanting to sign the sunday league team off the carlsberg advert next PROBABLY THE BEST SL TEAM IN THE WORLD.[8-)] [/quote]If he''s still match fit, i genuinely would have him here in a flash, probably got 1000000 times the brain cells of Otsemobor and won''t have lost all his pace yet

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="dhickl"]A year younger than Windass and Dublin, and 2 years younger than Sheringham was when he finished, yet he''s been the captain of the world cup winning team.[/quote]

That doesn''t mean he will settle down well to football in The Championship. Just look at the Danish international right back we signed for The Prem season (sorry struggling to remember his name Helveg?).

[/quote]

Oh you mean that Helveg bloke that was the best passer in our squad when played in centre midfield, thank god we didnt have him in the first season back down, where would be have played Simon Charlton? Although of course.... I wouldnt sign the 38 year old referred to in this thread.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

Oh you mean that Helveg bloke that was the best passer in our squad when played in centre midfield, thank god we didnt have him in the first season back down, where would be have played Simon Charlton? Although of course.... I wouldnt sign the 38 year old referred to in this thread.

[/quote]

Oh..... I just actually read the link from the original post, and hasten to add that I most definetely WOULD like to see Cafu playing at right back for us..... Even if he has lost all of his pace, I would still have him as an attacking right back, his crossing ability would make Croft look like a Dereham Town player...

I bet they made you play in the lone striker role.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

I bet they made you play in the lone striker role.

[/quote]

I think you''ll find that they made him play on the right whinge.

I believe the link with Garforth Town and Brazil is the fact that the Chairman owns/runs a football academy in Brazil which he set up from scratch.  All of these ex-international players are part of the network he has set-up in Brazil to give under priveliged kids a start in life, by getting them into football.  The first few brazilian players only played as a substitute in one game, but i think this Cafu move is for rest of the season.  Basically they are giving him something back for the time and money he has put into it.