Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

THE MAN: Go easy on the cybermen Neil

Well done the Man. Something which up to now was probably not common knowledge. I do wonder though what sort of world Mr Doncaster resides in. How many of us really believe everything that is (or was) written in the papers? Similarly I doubt most of us believe everything on message boards, but they do give all of us the chance to discuss games, and speculate on the future 24 hours a day.

The official site does have negative input (ie criticism) of the club, board and team - but perhaps not so much as this site. I suspect though for Mr Doncaster it''s a very long hard day''s work constantly trawling all City message boards to see what we are all up to. Now of course he''s got even more entertainment lined up keeping up with the Roederout website.

Nice to see though he''s involved with the fans though, isn''t it.

Doncaster seems to have fingers in a lot of pies - I suppose the advantage of being from the West Country is he has two extra fingers to start with, but even so...

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] I suspect though for Mr Doncaster it''s a very long hard day''s work constantly trawling all City message boards to see what we are all up to. Now of course he''s got even more entertainment lined up keeping up with the Roederout website. Nice to see though he''s involved with the fans though, isn''t it.[/quote]

He spends far too much time replying to fans emails and monitoring websites.  That simply isn''t the job of a Chief Executive and certainly doesn''t justify his large salary.  It just shows how important it is to them to win the propaganda war.

The accounts for FL Interactive will just show overall salary costs. It would be interesting to get it confirmed as to whether Mr D has made any money from this venture...

Still, he''s only on £179,000 a year so I suppose he needs a little extra to pay the bills...

Excellent research and yet another good article from the man.A prime example of the incestuous relationship enjoyed by football and money where FL interactive takes over part of premium tv and then the football league signs up FL interactive (ie. ITSELF) to provide internet and multimedia services and advertising for a ridiculously long ten years. How the hell knocking out a few dozen template driven websites and message boards costs £9m pa is quite beyond me, I thought they ran the multimedia side but that appears to be driven by ''perform group'' who list FLi as a client for multimedia services such as canaries world video and audio clips so they seem to be effectively brokering for performgroup on the mm with a number of clubs including Newcastle, Fulham and West Ham choosing to deal directly with PG. Looks like we''re stuck with an official site that is so full of adverts you dare not click anything ''til 2017 at the earliest.With all his other directorships and committee positions, his newspaper columns and interviews and the time he spends replying to peoples emails and chatting on the ''phone it''s a surprise that ND finds the time to do the job the Club pay him so handsomely for as well as he does.

Good points.

I assume too that Norwich City''s decision to sign up to the FL Interactive deal was a formality...