Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Robbie Fowler Anyone?

I don''t know what is desire and hunger for the game is at the moment; there may be none there and he may retire; but if there is something in him still would he be worth a gamble on a performance related contract.

He still is a top class finisher; and if you gave him chances he''d score goals; but could he cope with the Championship after 6 months of nothing. He was ok at Cardiff last year; and we arent exactly flush with striking options or money to go out and buy now are we.

What do you think?

Didn''t we learn our lesson about bringing in aging and unfit stars of yester-year with Hartson whose only hunger appeared to be of the pie related variety? 

We already have one stiker well short of match sharpness in Cort, why bring in another?  At least Cort has age on his side.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

err.. no! its not 1995 anymore.... Robbie is past it!

jas :)

[/quote]Someone said that about a certain Mr Dublin once upon a time.  (Not saying you by the way Jas)

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Someone said that about a certain Mr Dublin once upon a time.  (Not saying you by the way Jas)

[/quote]

the thing is that dion is an Athlete and looked after his body over the years allowing him to play for as long as he did.. Robbie Fowler has crammed whatever has more than 50% saturated Fat down his throat for the past few years and it is showing....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Someone said that about a certain Mr Dublin once upon a time.  (Not saying you by the way Jas)[/quote]

the thing is that dion is an Athlete and looked after his body over the years allowing him to play for as long as he did.. Robbie Fowler has crammed whatever has more than 50% saturated Fat down his throat for the past few years and it is showing....

[/quote]Your probably right.  Frankly I had sort of forgotten he even existed until it was mentioned on this post.  I thought he had gone down the property development route - which might be why he''s looking for a few quid on loan somewhere. [:D]

It was just a point to discuss...i take it as a no then!

I''m not sure exaclty about Fowlers current levels of fitness; but hes'' been training with Blackburn, and cant seriously be compared to Hartson; who to be frank, was in an obese state for aproffesional footballer.

As for saying we''ve got Cort. Yes we have, but hes not costing alot and like i said i''d only ever consider Fowler is it was performance related. Cort isn''t the answer; and to be honest i wouldnt be suprised if he left Carrow Road before the seasons finished.

As Jas rightly pointed out, comparing any other clubless ageing player to Dublin is pointless.I think he suprised even those who were prepared to give him a chance. For a player who didn''t even have a club, yet alone a game in 6 months to come into a struggling side and shine is probably unique. We''re far more likely to end up with another Hartson than a Dublin.

[quote user="Huddy "]

He still is a top class finisher; and if you gave him chances he''d score goals; but could he cope with the Championship after 6 months of nothing. He was ok at Cardiff last year; and we arent exactly flush with striking options or money to go out and buy now are we.

What do you think?

[/quote]

NO THANKS!

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Someone said that about a certain Mr Dublin once upon a time.  (Not saying you by the way Jas)[/quote]

[/quote]Your probably right.  Frankly I had sort of forgotten he even existed until it was mentioned on this post.  I thought he had gone down the property development route - which might be why he''s looking for a few quid on loan somewhere. [:D][/quote]Robbie Fowler is the richest footballer in Britain, having built a property portfolio worth about £137m......... probably worth about £100m now..... but that makes him richer than Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ronaldo........ the only richer footballer than Fowler is David Beckham.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Someone said that about a certain Mr Dublin once upon a time.  (Not saying you by the way Jas)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your probably right.  Frankly I had sort of forgotten he even existed until it was mentioned on this post.  I thought he had gone down the property development route - which might be why he''s looking for a few quid on loan somewhere. [:D]
[/quote]

Robbie Fowler is the richest footballer in Britain, having built a property portfolio worth about £137m......... probably worth about £100m now..... but that makes him richer than Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ronaldo........ the only richer footballer than Fowler is David Beckham.
[/quote]

In that case since he is well and truel past it, lets get him in as an investor or to but the club!! [;)]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your probably right.  Frankly I had sort of forgotten he even existed until it was mentioned on this post.  I thought he had gone down the property development route - which might be why he''s looking for a few quid on loan somewhere. [:D]
[/quote]

Robbie Fowler is the richest footballer in Britain, having built a property portfolio worth about £137m......... probably worth about £100m now..... but that makes him richer than Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ronaldo........ the only richer footballer than Fowler is David Beckham.
[/quote]

In that case since he is well and truely past it, lets get him in as an investor or to buy the club!! [;)]