Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

Why Roeder is a one season wonder

I was thinking the other day how much roeder reminds me of a manager who I had a few years ago.

He came into a failing environment and through ruling through fear (basically bullying), disciplining staff and moving staff on improved performance and results. However 12 months on when the fear had worn off a bit, staff remaining disliked him, had no loyalty, and wouldn''t go above and beyond for him, and the department went backwards again.

Is Roeder''s career the equivalent of this, short term gains through fear but long term losses through the inability to motivate any other way.

i think most of the fans are now seeing that.

considering newcastle , west ham and burnley fans are all saying the same thing.

the bloke is not respected by fans , and seems to be the players as well.

it just seems bizzare the players who we have let go out on loan or got rid off, all are doing well.

sooner the bloke goes the better,

[quote user="singing canary"]

i think most of the fans are now seeing that.

considering newcastle , west ham and burnley fans are all saying the same thing.

the bloke is not respected by fans , and seems to be the players as well.

it just seems bizzare the players who we have let go out on loan or got rid off, all are doing well.

sooner the bloke goes the better,

[/quote]

Agreed SC, if only the damn board would wake up to this too.

i have read a article today somewhere, the board are aware of this and fed up with it.

how long do you give him..??

i said this right from the word go..

i would sell our best player to pay him off.

I really will be surprised if the Board takes any action in the short-term. A hammering in the Cup on Saturday might force the issue but in the main this Board have a long history on any number of issues of sitting on their hands and hoping that things will work out.

[quote user="singing canary"]

i would sell our best player to pay him off.

[/quote]

Same here SC, but I think he''ll still be here after we''re relegated![:@]

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

I was thinking the other day how much roeder reminds me of a manager who I had a few years ago.

He came into a failing environment and through ruling through fear (basically bullying), disciplining staff and moving staff on improved performance and results. However 12 months on when the fear had worn off a bit, staff remaining disliked him, had no loyalty, and wouldn''t go above and beyond for him, and the department went backwards again.

Is Roeder''s career the equivalent of this, short term gains through fear but long term losses through the inability to motivate any other way.

[/quote]I remember saying something very close to that about 6 months ago and was shot down in flames (OK now though) by many. Lots of supporters were saying that we needed a Roeder to wake the players up and it didn''t matter whether he was liked or not, strong discipline was what was needed at club. The Adams and Huckerby altercations were swept under the carpet and GR was considered by the majority to be Premiership quality manager and that our main problem would be in warding off potential suitors.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Goodness me, you all seem to know a hell of a lot about a man you haven''t met. (cue ''I''ve met him several times, actually etc, blah..)[/quote]

I havent met him, but I do know 2 people who work at the club, and neither has a good word to say about him. The Op is pretty much spot on.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[/quote]I remember saying something very close to that about 6 months ago and was shot down in flames (OK now though) by many. Lots of supporters were saying that we needed a Roeder to wake the players up and it didn''t matter whether he was liked or not, strong discipline was what was needed at club. The Adams and Huckerby altercations were swept under the carpet and GR was considered by the majority to be Premiership quality manager and that our main problem would be in warding off potential suitors.

[/quote]

lol i remember a certain poster in a pointy hat  actually starting a thread about how worried he was that glenn would get poached  from us because he was so wonderful [:D]

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. I have said a number of times that if the way he talks to the fans is anything like the way he talks to the players you would hate to work for a boss like that. It may have worked when everyone was digging in for a relegation scrap last year but now the novelty of working for an arrogant t0sser like him has warn off and we are only going one way. But I can''t see any way out other than attracting huge investment. Sacking Roeder is not alot of use without money for a new manager to spend. Sacking the board is no good without wealthier replacements. So where do we go from here?

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Goodness me, you all seem to know a hell of a lot about a man you haven''t met. (cue ''I''ve met him several times, actually etc, blah..)[/quote]I didn''t meet Adolf Hitler either but I know he was a complete tw@t!

[/quote]

Roeders only success seems to be when dealing with young players, has he ever thought about being a P.E. teacher.