Sign in to follow this  
sturgeon220

Cullum - So thats that then!!

Speaking to the EDP, Mr Cullum said the financial outlook meant he could not put his hand in his pocket to bail out the Canaries.

He said: “The credit crunch is going to be hurting people, so suddenly investing in a football club is quite unlikely for many people - especially if you look at the numbers.

“If you did that, you would be seriously worried. You haven''t got to be much of a mathematician to work out that many football clubs are in trouble.

“Every business is being seriously hit by what''s going on in the wider economic environment. My business is no different. We are all under the cosh. And we can only guess what 2009 will hold.”

He said the economic situation had changed “significantly” since he made his offer at the end of 2007 to hand over £20m for new players in exchange for control of the club.

So is he saying that if he had invested in city his business would have been even more "under the cosh"??

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED30%20Dec%202008%2018%3A39%3A24%3A733

Cullum also said “It''s very depressing but there''s got to be some fundamental changes to

the way things are structured. It seems as though all football clubs

are run for the benefit of the players and managers, not the fans. We

need an economic reality check. The whole thing is no longer viable.”

i see mr cullum has just stated , he wont be putting his hand in his pocket, due to the financial climate.

so obviously he isnt really any better than delia for spinning a yarn.

i recall a few weeks ago he stated in the edp, he wouldnt see norwich go down.

so sitting the wrong end of the table.. with the transfer window open for 1 month, i dont rate our chances.

we were also told money is available, now yet again it isnt.

no new players, unless we sell someone, thing dont look good.

thanks mr cullum once again you build the hopes of norwich fans, your as bad as the rest of them , full of hot air.

if the is any time we need help, its now, anyone can see that .

seemed pointless running to the press, saying that, when your not prepared to back up your words, not really what norwich need,

It is also another sh*t stirring article from the EDP is you ask me that says pretty much nothing. There is not one single direct quote there from Cullum saying he would not be prepared to get involved in some form. All he says is that with the current econominc climate "many people" would be put off investing, that he does not imagine he''s on the list of people that Seymour Pearce will be contacting and that football needs to have a long hard look at how clubs are run as its not financially viable. All stuff we knew previously yet regurgitated and put under a sensationalist headline designed to stir up the fans. The EDP really has gone downhill since I used to live in Norwich!

To be honest he would be stupid to get involved now but again we all knew that was the case. This is precisely why we should have taken the chance when we had it back last year!

I am sure we will soon be getting a load of posts saying that it is all the boards fault - if they had sold for 20 million everything would be rosy! I find it to difficult to understand that people are so naive. Clearly things are not as we would want them to be but it does not necessarily mean that sacking our third manager in 3 years and getting rid of the board (although goodness knows how we could do that) will definitely make things better. Weren''t we told the same things by the same people about Worthington?

[quote user="sturgeon220"]Cullum also said

“It''s very depressing but there''s got to be some fundamental changes to the way things are structured. It seems as though all football clubs are run for the benefit of the players and managers, not the fans. We need an economic reality check. The whole thing is no longer viable.”
[/quote]

I''m surprised so many people seem surprised by this. I wonder what the view of those who say "sack the board,someone will step in" is in the light of this? Serious question, because I''m no happier about this than anyone else.

[quote user="singing canary"]

agreed.

just someone stirring loads of sh**

[/quote]

Oh, wake up and smell the coffee for Christ''s sake!

I''ve read the article and peter Cullum does not say anywhere he is giving up on buying the club... he has said he would never say never but that Harris wont be talking to him.....under the boards orders perhaps?

jas :)

I agree. Cullum always chooses his words carefully and the words he uses there suggests that he does not think Harris will be getting in touch with him. Also the use of the words "would put many people" off is interesting!

To be fair though i do wish he would just come out and show his hand one way or another!

well it just goes to show cullum obviously, just messed the board about.

if cullum was a true norwich fan , he should have just shut up.

i really dont think he has helped matters,it should haver all ended in the summer.

a week after the agm, he goes to the press saying i havent got bundles of cash but i wont see norwich go down.

why bother..?? , he has no intension of helping them out,

the longer delia keeps hold of the club, the more it suffers, the less it will be worth.

if delia wants to win the fans over again she would say " come on mr cullum" you can have it for 20 million.

a... i dont think he would come running.

b... if the club is relegated this season, surely the value will fall though the floor and possible administration.

what would it be worth then ??

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I agree. Cullum always chooses his words carefully and the words he uses there suggests that he does not think Harris will be getting in touch with him. Also the use of the words "would put many people" off is interesting!

To be fair though i do wish he would just come out and show his hand one way or another!

[/quote]I think he has. He will accept the club if he can get it at a rock bottom price. It always has been his position. If he ever does get it, it will be interesting to see if he keeps his pledge of an extra £20 million for investment in players or whether circumstances have changed there too...Incidentally - the credit crunch started before he made the initial offer - it hadn''t fully impacted but I think he might have had a good guess of what was coming!

b... if the club is relegated this season, surely the value will fall though the floor and possible administration.

what would it be worth then ??

[/quote]

Administration = bye bye Smith..........bring it on.

I hate to say i told you so, but i did say that interview where Cullum said he wouldn''t see us go under wasn''t exactly recent.

Can you blame him, if things are getting tight in his companies and he has to make redunancies to balance the books, then goes and chucks £20m away, how would his employees feel about that? I don''t know about you, but i wouldn''t be very happy.

surely someone with that vast amount of knowledge about the finacial climate.

should have thought what he said before he said it only very early this summer.

if he could not see , or have any idea how the climate was going to pan out, hes in the wrong job.

but hes made billions for being clever,

after the agm late summer , he said he would help out and wouldnt see norwich go down.

we have one month to bring in any new recruits, january.

if we dont , likelyhood is goodbye championship.

1st wizzard.. how long do you think it will be before delia has her bags packed.

crying in her ready meal.. admitting defeat.... and finally administration.

[/quote]

If she goes SC, it won''t be quietly, she''ll kick and scream to hang on, even destroying the club in the process.........2009 would be great if she went.............but I''m not holding my breath.

[quote user="singing canary"]maybe thats what cullum is waiting for ..then he would buy it for peanuts[/quote]

Of course it is what he is waiting for... why should he pay for Smith''s pension???

He said as much himself that he is not willing to do so.

Peter Cullum always has had no interest in investing what so ever , He obviously likes the ego massage of having the local press as a mouthpiece to get his empty messages across to the fans.

The man is a total waste of time.

Interesting article in the EDP this morning, the following three points/quotes stand out for me....

1/ “The credit crunch is going to be hurting people, so suddenly investing in a football club is quite unlikely for many people - especially if you look at the numbers.

“If you did that, you would be seriously worried. You haven''t got to be much of a mathematician to work out that many football clubs are in trouble.

“Every business is being seriously hit by what''s going on in the wider economic environment. My business is no different. We are all under the cosh. And we can only guess what 2009 will hold.”

- Is this telling Delia in not so many words, that nobody else is interested and she is not likely to get much for her shares?

2/ “The club has appointed Keith Harris and he''s very well connected. I would never say never, but quite frankly I wouldn''t be on his list of possible investors to speak to.”

- Intimates to me that Delia will not do business with him whatever.....

3/On-off negotiations with the club have since broken down, although he continues to say he would not stand by if the club went into administration.

- That he is still interested in a deal but the club is worth nothing and thats the only way he will do business?!

Really hope this is the case and believe that upon my first read of the article, but lets hope so hey or 2009 is going to be one very tough year for NCFC.

Thoughts???

[quote user="Stone Cold"]

Peter Cullum always has had no interest in investing what so ever , He obviously likes the ego massage of having the local press as a mouthpiece to get his empty messages across to the fans.

The man is a total waste of time.

[/quote]

Yeah right! One of the richest men in the UK who oversees a huge business empire and is lauded for his entrepreneurial skills in all sorts of business publications has nothing better to do that try and gain cheap thrills through getting a bit of publicity in the EDP and bringing upon himslef the whole world of cr*p that comes from raising the expectations of the fans! Good one!