Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

The Arturo Lupoli Conundrum

Why is it Roeder is happy to bring on Cureton, who contributed

absolutely nothing everytime he came on, apart from Crofty''s winner v

Sheff U, but on the whole nothing, no goals whatsoever. Yet whenever

Lupoli plays he seems to score, Cardiff away, sub 2 goal salvo, Swansea

at home, his first start/action for ages and he scores after 28 mins.

Lupoli has proven so far this season that he makes an impact most of the time he plays. His job is to score goals. Its not to hold the ball up, its

not to win headers, its not to outmuscle and fight the back four. Its

to score goals.

SO FAR HE''S DOING HIS ''JOB'' BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER IN THE SQUAD, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CLINGAN.

So why is it then that a player who statistically is by far our highest ranking player, in terms of minutes on the pitch and ''positive'' efforts contributed to the cause, finds himself stuck on bench, and when were desperate for a goal, is not called upon?If you owned a courier service and you desperately had to deliver a parcel you would use your fastest driver and your fastest vehicle wouldnt you?So when you need a goal surely you call on the player in the squad the most likely over any other player to get that goal.Does Roeder do that? No. This is the one decision above all others that proves he is not fit for the role of manager of this great club.One glaringly obvious point as well is that there is a lot of pressure on Lita to get the goals, if Croft and Pattison dont chip in there''s no one else scoring. So it begs the question. Surely if you play Lupoli with Lita some of that goal getting heat could be taken off his shoulders for Lupa to help carry the burden, and then maybe Lita wouldnt feel as much pressure and might get a few more goals.

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"][quote user="Shack Attack"]Ooooh The Arturo Lupoli Connection. Sounds just like The Da Vinci Code [:D][/quote]what? its conundrum you retard.[/quote]Ooooh The Arturo Lupoli Conundrum. Sounds just like The Da Vinci Code [:D][;)]

There is obviously something wrong- last night we desperately needed him on the pitch, 20-25 minutes left Roeder should have hauled Rusty off (if he should have even started him there is besides the point) and got Lupoli on... especially considering he hasn''t had a run in a while and Lita cant play on Saturday anyway!

I get the feeling Cort will start on Saturday even if he''s not ready.

Lupoli seems to have been brought in just to make the Lappin situation look normal.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]There is obviously something wrong- last night we desperately needed him on the pitch, 20-25 minutes left Roeder should have hauled Rusty off (if he should have even started him there is besides the point) and got Lupoli on... especially considering he hasn''t had a run in a while and Lita cant play on Saturday anyway! I get the feeling Cort will start on Saturday even if he''s not ready. Lupoli seems to have been brought in just to make the Lappin situation look normal.[/quote]

Yes agree 100% and what about Kris Renton and Luke Daley? Tear apart Arsenal kids but we still lose to Watford who are just as bad if not worse than us in the consistency stakes plus have lost their best players. It''s like Theo Walcott at the World Cup - Sven bottled it even though we had no strikers, yet look at the lad since.

Lupoli - I''m not surprised he''s learning Spanish at UEA as I wouldn''t bother with this country next season if i was him, he deserves much, much more of a chance.

Unfortunately Roeder believes Russell is more likely to score playing up front ( although I can''t remember his last goal as it was so long ago) than a natural striker like Lupoli.  We should not be surprised because even when Croft is taken off, Roeder still prefers to play Bell (naturally right footed) on the left and Pattison(naturally left footed) on the right. 

I also agree that one of the younger strikers like Renton or Daley should at least be given a chance on the bench, but after Wednesday when we were 2-1 down and needed a goal, Roeder didn''t didn''t even bother to bring his only striker off the bench.  I am sure he knows what he is doing but his decisions at times seem somewhat strange.

I was perplexed by this when I was watching the East Anglian derby as well

To me it was glaringly obvious that Lita needs someone else up there to feed off and also with all the little flicks / knock ons he was getting there was noone to collect them

This spelt out the need for a second striker and was suprised that lupoli stayed on the bench for the duration needless to say it was a really good performance and a brilliant win

[quote user="SecretSanta"]lupoli = a good man[/quote]

Do you ever post more than 3 words?

And if your fastest driver sometimes fails to turn up..... would you still entrust the important package to him?

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yes he does... that was four words [;)]
[/quote]

I ''a'' a word? Discuss.......

[/quote]

Check the dictionary.   word discussion over.

Lupoli does deserve a better chance than he has been given - however the manager clearly has little faith in him for whatever reason.