Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

luke daley

seeing as we let jamie lad go and didn`t bring anyone in i reckon luke daley will start to feature more and more, i`m sure we would have seen him by now  if we`d got shot of jamie lad earlier

Never been sure about Kris Renton. He hasn''t got any pace and I don''t think he''s quite tall enough to be a target man type striker but at least he has got a stocky build. I like him more than I liked Ryan Jarvis, that is for sure.

Anyways, there is just no way Daley or Renton could be worse than Cureton.

[quote user="GJP"]

Never been sure about Kris Renton. He hasn''t got any pace and I don''t think he''s quite tall enough to be a target man type striker but at least he has got a stocky build. I like him more than I liked Ryan Jarvis, that is for sure.

Anyways, there is just no way Daley or Renton could be worse than Cureton.

[/quote]

to be fair arthur daley would offer us more than cureton  this season

[quote user="wayne kerr"]

seeing as we let jamie lad go and didn`t bring anyone in i reckon luke daley will start to feature more and more, i`m sure we would have seen him by now  if we`d got shot of jamie lad earlier

[/quote]

Roeder said last week that Daley wouldn''t be ready for the first team for a few months yet.

Daley and Renton wont get a game , we will be playing  Sibbierski because Roder thinks hes great and Lupoli because theres nobody else , we look odds on certainties to go down and nobody can say we dont deserve to because we do .

[quote user="barlodona"]

what about koroma have we still got him on loan?

[/quote]

He''s been injured for the past 8 weeks and is starting training next week

Why doesnt Glenn learn,, he would be more popular by giivng his academy stars a chance ...Ipswich academy lasd have done well over the years... indeed Lewis, Hayes , Martin and Spillane are all doing ok now. Must be worth a go and cheaper than some of the expensive loanees that gr has got.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]They should be given a chance - but its not going to happen realistically this season with Glenn here.[/quote]Not a chance. There will no doubt be more loans to replace any who leave in January. We are allowed 14 in a season ( I think), so 4 more new ones allowed?.

To think, we are paying for Archibald-Henry to play at Spurs and have 4 strikers all on loan and with the exception of Lita have not for the most part  performed very well so far.

Our Academy players must be very poor or just not ready or...?. Any ideas anyone?.

Not sure if Daley scoring a hat-trick against Arsenal would have done him any favours in terms of getting a first team chance.

Glenn seems to be the kind of manager to want to do things on his own terms. He probably wouldn''t like people to think the hype around Daley would influence him into giving him a run.

[quote user="GJP"]

Never been sure about Kris Renton. He hasn''t got any pace and I don''t think he''s quite tall enough to be a target man type striker

[/quote]How tall do you want? I have stood next to Renton and he is just a bit taller than me - I''m 6-3. He certainly doesn''t appear to be built for speed though - brick outhouse.

[quote user="Reg Presley"][quote user="GJP"]

Never been sure about Kris Renton. He hasn''t got any pace and I don''t think he''s quite tall enough to be a target man type striker

[/quote]

How tall do you want? I have stood next to Renton and he is just a bit taller than me - I''m 6-3. He certainly doesn''t appear to be built for speed though - brick outhouse.
[/quote]

Interesting.

He just doesn''t seem to have that real height.

A bit like Alex Pearce, tall enough lad but didn''t have real height.

Infact to say you''re 6 3 and you say he''s a bit taller than you which means he''s 6 3 + and could be getting up to 6 4.

I gotta say he still doesn''t look that tall to me.

[quote user="Reg Presley"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

How tall do you want? I have stood next to Renton and he is just a bit taller than me - I''m 6-3. He certainly doesn''t appear to be built for speed though - brick outhouse.
[/quote]

You''d best go and correct his stats in Wikipedia then because Renton''s height is down as 5ft 10 & half inches there.