Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Heavy Snow

I live an hour south of Derby and it''s bloody snowing like mad and laying thickly, anyone know if it''s the same there, if it is I can''t see it going ahead.  

You aren''t alone, I have a few friends on the speedway forum that live in Warwick''s, Coventry etc and all have had a covering of snow, also someone on the same speedway forum from Ireland has snow.

None in Norfolk yet, but local radio said a chance of sleet/snow in the next 24 hrs.

[quote user="shortfatb"]I live an hour south of Derby and it''s bloody snowing like mad and laying thickly, anyone know if it''s the same there, if it is I can''t see it going ahead.  [/quote]yeah, and thats on top of a 3 hour taxi ''go slow'' protest this avo in derby town centre...i think the forecast is favourable in terms of the match going ahead, but it''ll be below freezing for the match,,,i salute the punters who''ve made the trip up...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

You aren''t alone, I have a few friends on the speedway forum that live in Warwick''s, Coventry etc and all have had a covering of snow, also someone on the same speedway forum from Ireland has snow.

None in Norfolk yet, but local radio said a chance of sleet/snow in the next 24 hrs.

[/quote]

Please don''t mention that sport, it''s a very sensitive subject to me at the moment! We drove to see the "Super" prix final in Gelsenkirchen and it was called off because of adverse weather conditions.....The Veltins Arena is an bloody indoor Arena!!!

Looking at the forecast the snow should stay south of Derby.  I am coming down from Sheffield, no snow here, and hopefully won''t encounter any.  Good luck to all who are travelling from Norfolk.

I imagine that Derby would have underoil heating. God this countries shit, any sign of bad weather, then we all fall into a big circus and panic, its snow, yummy snow.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]whats the speedway forum like way49??? can you have a decent chat on there - or is full of petty point scoring/name calling???

I have just spoken to a mate who lives about 30mis east of pride park ( derny fan) and nothing there ! so should be safe although the journey may be rough heading from the south

I''m in Leicester, and although it snowed/sleeted for a bit, nothing has settled so I would imagine it isn''t too much different in Derby.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Derby have undersoil heating so you should be okay.  Colchester''s match at Northampton is currently at risk, apparently.[/quote]

am i bovered tho

[quote user="Roger Hansbury"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Derby have undersoil heating so you should be okay.  Colchester''s match at Northampton is currently at risk, apparently.[/quote]

am i bovered tho

[/quote]good post rog  ,rodent out!!!!!![:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Please don''t mention that sport, it''s a very sensitive subject to me at the moment! We drove to see the "Super" prix final in Gelsenkirchen and it was called off because of adverse weather conditions.....The Veltins Arena is an bloody indoor Arena!!!

[/quote]

Oh dear not good [:(]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

whats the speedway forum like way49??? can you have a decent chat on there - or is full of petty point scoring/name calling???
[/quote]

Actually there are very few keyboard warriors, but the good thing with that forum is you just stick them on ignore and you don''t see any otheir posts.

You get friendly banter between rival teams, but not as bad as the name calling and nasty exchanges you can sometimes get on here.

Majority are friendly people, and have met lots of them if and when their teams visit our home track at the Norfolk Arena.

We have a giggle on there, and it''s not just speedway being talked about.

It was blizzard conditions driving up from London and with heavy traffic was worried for a while as to whether we would make the start of the game but the snow petered out about 40 miles south of Derby, but just got back to East Herts and it is evident that there has been some very unseasonal weather across the  east midlands and west anglia this evening with three or four inches of icy slush sitting on many carriageways reducing lane widths significantly.