Sign in to follow this  
AP16

Information re a new investor

I don''t usually post stuff like this.....and I know some people start their posts like this.....but..   

A friend of mine who has just graduated from University works for a stock brokers within the City that deals with NCFC shares - and the buying and selling of Norwich City shares has been suspended pending an announcement on a new investor. Thought some of you might like to know.

This doesn''t seem to make any sense. Only the trading in publicly traded shares can be suspended and NCFC plc shares are not publicly listed.

I''m only repeating what he''s told me mate, in fact I don''t know anything about stocks and shares to be honest. I''m guessing the company he works for is refusing to buy or sell pending this announcement.

Not having ago just pointing out  it doesn''t make any sense as the shares are not publicly listed or traded. As there is no public market in the shares  there is no market in the shares to suspend

According to someone on wotb Cullum is buying the club for 40 million, could fit in with this posters info. Don''t understand why sales of shares would be suspended unless the incoming owner has insisted on it for some reason if that is possible. I have long since thought that Cullum would buy the club, for me it''s just a question of when it happens.

[quote user="Paul Webster"]I would not bet on it, sounds like bull**** to me and I have a far more reliable source than Hoolahoop![/quote]

Do you know Hooly personally to know who is contact is then?

There may be a new investor but the stockbroker/suspended shares part of the story can not be true unless NCFC are a listed company which they are not.

[quote user="Paul Webster"]I would not bet on it, sounds like bull**** to me and I have a far more reliable source than Hoolahoop![/quote]

One thing we can all be sure of is that there will be an announcement on this sooner or later. I don''t think anybody other than those at the very top of the tree will know anything about this kind of thing until it happens. People who have snippets of transfer gossip are highly unlikely to get inside info on something like this as it''s on an entirely different level to transfer gossip. It is more likely that someone who is connected to the financial services industry could inadvertently find out that something is going on through the sale of shares being suspended. So unless you either have direct links with a board member or knows someone who has it''s unlikely that any information recieved can be considered reliable.

how can the sale of shares be suspended if they are not listed on a stock exchange?

[quote user="T"]how can the sale of shares be suspended if they are not listed on a stock exchange?[/quote]

I do not understand these things but could it be possible that the current or prospective new owner insist on the shares being suspended until the deal is complete. Just a thought, but I just can''t see why anybody would suddenly say something like this without knowledge.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Paulo"]

I can cofirm its bull because I work there.  Hows that for you?

[/quote]Where?[/quote]

he must work for Grant Thornton then.. arent they the people who managed the shares?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Paulo"]

[/quote]Where?[/quote]

he must work for Grant Thornton then.. arent they the people who managed the shares?

[/quote]

Incorrect.

[quote user="Paulo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Paulo"]

[/quote]Where?[/quote]

[/quote]

Incorrect.

[/quote]

well thats what the bumpf that came with my share certificate said.

[quote user="Paulo"]I work at the place that Hoolahoop claims his source works for, hence my asking for him to name his source.[/quote]

nothing stopping you naming this place... unless your names actually "Paulo" and they know you post on here theres no way of them knowing who it is.

Bull crap. Thanks for getting people''s hopes up. Let me guess "oh my mate told me", typical attempt of being innocent.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

I don''t usually post stuff like this.....and I know some people start their posts like this.....but..   

A friend of mine who has just graduated from University works for a stock brokers within the City that deals with NCFC shares - and the buying and selling of Norwich City shares has been suspended pending an announcement on a new investor. Thought some of you might like to know.

[/quote]

The clue is here.  There is only one in City that has any dealings in NCFC shares.

Give NCFC a ring, they will point you in the right direction.

[quote user="Paulo"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

The clue is here.  There is only one in City that has any dealings in NCFC shares.

[/quote]

no sh*t sherlock! can see why they gave you the job!!! you the security guard?

I have told you were I work, that is what you asked. 

If you dont want to belive me fine, but I can assure you the original poster is talking bull.  Belive what you like!